Watsco, Inc. (WSO): Price and Financial Metrics
WSO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$356.38||52-week high||$383.83|
|Prev. close||$346.47||52-week low||$228.61|
|Day high||$363.46||Avg. volume||322,965|
|50-day MA||$358.85||Dividend yield||2.75%|
|200-day MA||$323.87||Market Cap||13.92B|
WSO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WSO POWR Grades
- WSO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.66% of US stocks.
- WSO's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- WSO's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.31% of US stocks).
WSO Stock Summary
- WSO's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,644.74 -- higher than 98.07% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- WATSCO INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for WATSCO INC is higher than 88.44% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WATSCO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be OXM, MG, SKY, ROST, and ICFI.
- WSO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WATSCO INC's official web site, go to www.watsco.com.
WSO Valuation Summary
- WSO's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 58.33% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WSO's price/earnings ratio has gone up 6.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WSO.
WSO Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 46.5%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 62.2%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -11.58%.
The table below shows WSO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WSO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WSO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.12% of graded US stocks.
- WSO's asset turnover comes in at 2.073 -- ranking 33rd of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- ASPN, HSIC, and ASH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WSO.
The table below shows WSO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Watsco, Inc. (WSO) Company Bio
Watsco distributes air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment; and related parts and supplies in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Miami, Florida.
WSO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WSO Latest Social Stream
View Full WSO Social Stream
Latest WSO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WATSCO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WSO as an investment opportunity.
KB Home's (KBH) fiscal Q3 performance is likely to have reflected tough year-over-year comparisons given rising rates. Yet, the lack of existing homes in the market will drive demand.
Watsco (WSO) enhances its position in the HVAC/R industry through the strategic acquisition of Gateway Supply Company, Inc.
MIAMI, Sept. 07, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Watsco, Inc. (NYSE: WSO) announced today that Barry Logan, Executive Vice President, is scheduled to speak at Morgan Stanley’s 11th Annual Laguna Conference on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 10:35 a.m. (EDT). Internet users can listen to a live webcast of the presentation at the Investor Relations section of Watsco’s website at www.watsco.com. About Watsco Watsco operates the largest distribution network for heating, air conditioning and refrigeration
A multibillion-dollar corporation based in Miami's Coconut Grove paid $103 million for the acquisition of a business in the Carolinas that distributes plumbing supplies as well as heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products. Watsco (NYSE: WSO) announced Sept. 6 that it completed the acquisition of Gateway Supply Co. The Columbia, South Carolina-based company was acquired with $4 million in cash and 280,215 shares of Watsco's common stock, according to a filing with the SEC. Founded in 1964, Gateway Supply had about $180 million in annual sales and serves 4,000 customers from 15 locations in South Carolina and one in North Carolina.
$180 Million Distributor Adds 16 Locations in Core Sunbelt MarketsGateway Builds on Watsco’s Leading Scale in Fragmented $50 Billion HVAC Marketplace MIAMI, Sept. 06, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Watsco, Inc. (NYSE: WSO) announced that it has completed the acquisition of Gateway Supply Company, Inc., a distributor of plumbing and HVAC products. Founded in Columbia, South Carolina in 1964, Gateway Supply has annual sales of approximately $180 million and serves approximately 4,000 customers from 15 l
WSO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|