White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (WTM): Price and Financial Metrics
WTM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,441.81||52-week high||$1,560.21|
|Prev. close||$1,421.69||52-week low||$1,172.00|
|Day high||$1,527.48||Avg. volume||10,737|
|50-day MA||$1,414.81||Dividend yield||0.07%|
|200-day MA||$1,392.27||Market Cap||3.70B|
WTM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WTM POWR Grades
- WTM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WTM is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- WTM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 31.34% of US stocks).
WTM Stock Summary
- WTM's went public 37.07 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, WTM has reported earnings growth of -1,361.55%, putting it ahead of merely 1.39% of US stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WTM is more volatile than merely 1.82% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WTM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are STC, RICK, THO, BCC, and GMS.
- Visit WTM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.whitemountains.com.
WTM Valuation Summary
- WTM's price/sales ratio is 2.5; this is 13.64% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- WTM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 8.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WTM.
WTM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 13.15%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -13.93%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -21.34%.
The table below shows WTM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WTM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WTM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.71% of graded US stocks.
- WTM's asset turnover comes in at 0.271 -- ranking 66th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ESGR, Y, and GBLI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WTM.
The table below shows WTM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WTM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of WTM, see our WTM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$360.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (WTM) Company Bio
White Mountains Insurance Group engages in the property and casualty insurance and reinsurance businesses. It operates in four segments: OneBeacon, Sirius Group, HG Global/BAM, and Other Operations. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
WTM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WTM Latest Social Stream
View Full WTM Social Stream
Latest WTM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WHITE MOUNTAINS INSURANCE GROUP LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WTM as an investment opportunity.
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. Announces that White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. and WM Hinson (Bermuda) Ltd. Commence Tender Offer for up to 5,000,000 Shares of Class A Common Stock of MediaAlpha, Inc.
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) ("White Mountains") today announced that it and its wholly owned subsidiary, WM Hinson (Bermuda) Ltd. ("WM Hinson" and together with White Mountains, the "Purchasers"), have commenced a cash tender offer to purchase up to an aggregate of 5,000,000 shares of Class A Common Stock, $0.01 par value per share (each, a "Common Share"), of MediaAlpha, Inc., a Delaware corporation (NYSE: MAX) (the "Company"), at a price of $10.00 per Common Share, net to
Morgan Davis Retires from White Mountains Board of Directors; Weston M. Hicks Elected Chairman
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) today announced that Weston M. Hicks has been elected Chairman of the Board. Mr. Hicks replaces Morgan Davis, who has retired from the Board effective today.
White Mountains to Hold 2023 Annual Investor Information Meeting on June 6, 2023
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) will hold its Annual Investor Information Meeting on:
WHITE MOUNTAINS REPORTS FIRST QUARTER RESULTS
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) reported book value per share of $1,522 and adjusted book value per share of $1,567 as of March 31, 2023. Book value per share and adjusted book value per share both increased 5% in the first quarter of 2023.
White Mountains Insurance Group's (NYSE:WTM) investors will be pleased with their respectable 64% return over the last five years
Stock pickers are generally looking for stocks that will outperform the broader market. Buying under-rated businesses...
WTM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WTMWant to do more research on White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd (WTM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd (WTM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd (WTM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...