White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (WTM): Price and Financial Metrics
WTM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,522.90||52-week high||$1,617.00|
|Prev. close||$1,526.36||52-week low||$1,278.59|
|Day high||$1,534.00||Avg. volume||9,723|
|50-day MA||$1,493.65||Dividend yield||0.07%|
|200-day MA||$1,465.08||Market Cap||3.90B|
WTM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WTM POWR Grades
- WTM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WTM is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- WTM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
WTM Stock Summary
- WHITE MOUNTAINS INSURANCE GROUP LTD's stock had its IPO on May 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.87% of US equities in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that WTM's revenue has grown 61.16% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 92.23% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of WHITE MOUNTAINS INSURANCE GROUP LTD's share price is greater than that of only 7.77% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WHITE MOUNTAINS INSURANCE GROUP LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be SHO, BH, NPO, BZH, and NHC.
- WTM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WHITE MOUNTAINS INSURANCE GROUP LTD's official web site, go to www.whitemountains.com.
WTM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, WTM's price/sales ratio is 8.7% lower, now standing at 2.1.
- WTM's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WTM.
WTM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 13.15%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -13.93%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -21.34%.
The table below shows WTM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WTM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WTM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.71% of graded US stocks.
- WTM's asset turnover comes in at 0.271 -- ranking 66th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- ESGR, Y, and GBLI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WTM.
The table below shows WTM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (WTM) Company Bio
White Mountains Insurance Group engages in the property and casualty insurance and reinsurance businesses. It operates in four segments: OneBeacon, Sirius Group, HG Global/BAM, and Other Operations. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
WTM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WTM Latest Social Stream
View Full WTM Social Stream
Latest WTM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WHITE MOUNTAINS INSURANCE GROUP LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WTM as an investment opportunity.
Insider buying is often regarded as a strong signal about the prospects of a company. When insiders purchase shares, they demonstrate confidence in the company's future performance.
Book Value Per Share Increases 1% in Q3 and 6% YTD
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) reported book value per share of $1,542 and adjusted book value per share of $1,588 as of September 30, 2023. Book value per share and adjusted book value per share both increased 1% in the third quarter of 2023 and 6% in the first nine months ended September 30, 2023, including dividends.
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) today announced that it has launched White Mountains Partners ("WM Partners"), a new, wholly-owned business unit that will provide first institutional capital to family, founder, and entrepreneur-owned businesses in the essential services, light industrial, and specialty consumer sectors.
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) ("White Mountains") announced today that it has entered into an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Bamboo Ide8 Insurance Services, LLC ("Bamboo"), an MGA focused on the California homeowners insurance market. White Mountains expects to invest approximately $285 million, including primary capital to support Bamboo's growth, and to acquire approximately 70% of Bamboo basic shares outstanding.
WTM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WTMWant to do more research on White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd (WTM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd (WTM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd (WTM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch