Western Union Company (The) (WU): Price and Financial Metrics
WU Stock Summary
- Western Union CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.78% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1,156.73 for Western Union CO; that's greater than it is for 99.98% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WU is more volatile than merely 1.88% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Western Union CO are GDDY, LNG, APEN, CWH, and KTB.
- WU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Western Union CO's official web site, go to www.westernunion.com.
WU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.68||52-week high||$25.13|
|Prev. close||$23.68||52-week low||$17.39|
|Day high||$23.91||Avg. volume||4,583,305|
|50-day MA||$22.78||Dividend yield||3.8%|
|200-day MA||$22.23||Market Cap||9.73B|
Western Union Company (The) (WU) Company Bio
Western Union provides money movement and payment services worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business, and Business Solutions. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Englewood, Colorado.
WU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Western Union CO with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Western Union CO ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 47%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Western Union CO ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.81 years, is -0.04% -- higher than only 19.8% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- As a business, WU is generating more cash flow than 67.48% of positive cash flow stocks in the Financial Services.
- Western Union CO's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 11.9% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WU Latest Social Stream
View Full WU Social Stream
Latest WU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Western Union CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WU as an investment opportunity.
DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WU CEO and CFO to speak at the Evercore ISI Payments & Fintech Innovators Forum on March 4th
Western Union Business Solutions, the payments arm of the Western Union Company (NYSE: WU), a leader in cross-border, cross-currency money movement and payments, announced the expansion of its global capabilities, bringing faster and more transparent payment services to business customers. Western Union Business Solutions has integrated SWIFT Global Payment Initiative and increased its internation…
Today in B2B payments, Western Union Business Solutions integrates SWIFT gpi, and Barclays launches a small business banking package. Plus, Mastercard teams with Deutsche Bank on business payments, Proxtera collaborates on escrow for B2B trade and Ageras secures funding to ramp up its B2B FinTech focus. Western Union Boosts Business FX Payments Western Union Business […]
Western Union Business Services, the payments arm of Western Union, is looking at expanding its cross-border payment services for business customers, a press release says. According to the release, Western Union Business Services has integrated SWIFT Global Payments Initiative and also boosted its international currency options. "We are continuously advancing our capabilities to give our […]
Western Union Business Solutions integrates SWIFT GPI and Expands Currency Portfolio in WU Mass Payments API to 130
WU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WUWant to see what other sources are saying about Western Union CO's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!