Western Union Co. (WU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WU POWR Grades
- WU scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 70.89% of US stocks.
- WU's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- WU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
WU Stock Summary
- Western Union CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.04% of US listed stocks.
- WU's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 98.72% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for WU comes in at 16.63% -- higher than that of 89.79% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Western Union CO, a group of peers worth examining would be LEE, SBH, ALTG, WHR, and PAG.
- WU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Western Union CO's official web site, go to www.westernunion.com.
WU Valuation Summary
- WU's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.4; this is 20.93% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- WU's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.8 over the prior 181 months.
- WU's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.9 over the prior 181 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WU.
WU Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -26.55%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at -5.78%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 19.49%.
The table below shows WU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.91% of graded US stocks.
- WU's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 290th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- ARC, III, and TZOO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WU.
The table below shows WU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.47||52-week high||$23.68|
|Prev. close||$16.57||52-week low||$15.30|
|Day high||$16.69||Avg. volume||4,869,652|
|50-day MA||$17.32||Dividend yield||5.71%|
|200-day MA||$18.33||Market Cap||6.36B|
Western Union Co. (WU) Company Bio
Western Union provides money movement and payment services worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business, and Business Solutions. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Englewood, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
WU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WU Latest Social Stream
View Full WU Social Stream
Latest WU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Western Union CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WU as an investment opportunity.
DENVER, February 24, 2022--Western Union will present at the Wolfe FinTech Forum on March 10, 2022, with comments from CEO and CFO.
This post contains sponsored advertising content. This content is for informational purposes only and not intended to be investing advice. Almost every single cryptocurrency reached its all-time high in the year of 2021. Market leader Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC ) topped out at just under $70,000 whilst its understudy Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH ) rose to an impressive $4,878.26. Holders of these and many other coins saw exponential growth in their portfolio. However, one particular coin (XRP) failed to break its all-time high price of $3.84 which was set all the way back in 2018. On the flip side, Seesaw Protocol (SSW) is still in stage 1 of its presale but has outperformed all of the major coins with a mammoth 1000% rise in price in just under a month. Ripple (XRP) vs The SEC XRP is the native tok...
DENVER, February 18, 2022--Western Union will present at the 6th Annual Evercore ISI Payments & Fintech Innovators Forum on Friday, March 4, 2022.
The bitcoin exchange platform attacks a major source of Western Union revenue.
One of the world’s leading cross-border payment companies, Western Union (WU) has recently announced its expansion in South Korea through a collaboration with Travel Wallet, a financial technology …
WU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|