Western Union Co. (WU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.71||52-week high||$18.23|
|Prev. close||$11.64||52-week low||$10.07|
|Day high||$11.80||Avg. volume||7,889,586|
|50-day MA||$11.35||Dividend yield||8.08%|
|200-day MA||$13.31||Market Cap||4.39B|
WU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WU POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where WU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 65.44% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WU is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- WU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
WU Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WU is 7.88 -- better than 94.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of WESTERN UNION CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- WU's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WESTERN UNION CO are VSCO, HBI, AEG, FUNC, and BPOP.
- Visit WU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.westernunion.com.
WU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, WU's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- Over the past 202 months, WU's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WU.
WU Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -18.93%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -25.87%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 55.54%.
The table below shows WU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.91% of graded US stocks.
- WU's asset turnover comes in at 0.55 -- ranking 290th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- ARC, III, and TZOO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WU.
The table below shows WU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WU Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of WU, see our WU price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$26.40||Average Broker Recommendation||1.97 (Hold)|
Western Union Co. (WU) Company Bio
The Western Union Company is an American multinational financial services company, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
WU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WU Latest Social Stream
View Full WU Social Stream
Latest WU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WESTERN UNION CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WU as an investment opportunity.
Western Union to Present at the Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference on June 1st
DENVER, May 18, 2023--Western Union's President and CEO to provide comments at Berstein Strategic Decisions Conference on June 1
Western Union's (NYSE:WU) Dividend Will Be $0.235
The Western Union Company's ( NYSE:WU ) investors are due to receive a payment of $0.235 per share on 30th of June. The...
Western Union Announces $0.235 Quarterly Dividend
DENVER, May 12, 2023--The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) announced today that its board of directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.235 per common share, payable June 30, 2023, to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 16, 2023.
This Western Union Insider Increased Their Holding By 170% Last Year \
Insiders were net buyers of The Western Union Company's ( NYSE:WU ) stock during the past year. That is, insiders...
Western Union Foundation Celebrates Connecting 50,000 People to Economic Opportunities
DENVER, May 09, 2023--The Western Union Foundation announced that it invested more than US$20 million, reaching more than two million people worldwide and connecting 50,000 individuals to economic opportunities, as part of its recently concluded Opportunity Beyond Borders commitment.
WU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WUWant to see what other sources are saying about Western Union CO's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Western Union CO (WU) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Western Union CO (WU) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Western Union CO (WU) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...