Western Union Company (The) (WU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WU POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WU is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- WU's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.18% of US stocks).
WU Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WU is 22.19 -- better than 98.56% of US stocks.
- WU's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 99.49% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WU is more volatile than merely 8.38% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Western Union CO, a group of peers worth examining would be DXLG, BHC, USDP, SEE, and TRIB.
- Visit WU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.westernunion.com.
WU Valuation Summary
- WU's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.5; this is 27.78% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- WU's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.7 over the prior 180 months.
- Over the past 180 months, WU's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WU.
WU Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 1.84%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -5.78%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 29.56%.
The table below shows WU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.08||52-week high||$26.61|
|Prev. close||$22.74||52-week low||$19.07|
|Day high||$22.74||Avg. volume||4,318,938|
|50-day MA||$23.65||Dividend yield||4.05%|
|200-day MA||$23.43||Market Cap||9.04B|
Western Union Company (The) (WU) Company Bio
Western Union provides money movement and payment services worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business, and Business Solutions. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Englewood, Colorado.
WU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Western Union CO. To summarize, we found that Western Union CO ranked in the 32th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 57.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for WU, they are:
- In the past 5.77 years, Western Union CO has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.05%; that's better than only 17.46% of cash flow producing equities in the Financial Services sector, where it is classified.
- Western Union CO's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.17% of tickers in our DCF set.
- WU's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.17% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WU Latest Social Stream
View Full WU Social Stream
Latest WU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Western Union CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WU as an investment opportunity.
Western Union's (WU) Q2 results are likely to reflect revenue and earnings growth as people use its digital channel to remit money.
Alliance Data's (ADS) Q2 results reflect higher revenues, strong credit performance and lower expenses.
Western Union (WU) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Stellar Lumens aims to significantly reduce transaction costs and time lags in cross-border transactions.
Stellar and Advent have joined a list of companies including Ant Group and Western Union, to pitch for an acquisition of MoneyGram.
WU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|