Western Union Company (The) (WU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WU POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.87% of US stocks.
- WU's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- WU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
WU Stock Summary
- Western Union CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.6% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 90.98 for Western Union CO; that's greater than it is for 99.5% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WU is more volatile than just 7.32% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Western Union CO, a group of peers worth examining would be BHC, PRTY, USDP, SEE, and GPRK.
- WU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Western Union CO's official web site, go to www.westernunion.com.
WU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.86||52-week high||$26.61|
|Prev. close||$24.70||52-week low||$18.05|
|Day high||$25.09||Avg. volume||4,702,966|
|50-day MA||$25.25||Dividend yield||3.81%|
|200-day MA||$23.16||Market Cap||10.17B|
Western Union Company (The) (WU) Company Bio
Western Union provides money movement and payment services worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business, and Business Solutions. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Englewood, Colorado.
WU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WU, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Western Union CO ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Western Union CO ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.77 years comes in at -0.05%; that's greater than merely 18.54% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Western Union CO's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 10.22% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 0% of stocks in its sector (Financial Services).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WU Latest Social Stream
View Full WU Social Stream
Latest WU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Western Union CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WU as an investment opportunity.
Western Union Announces $0.235 Quarterly Dividend
Western Union to present at the Barclays Emerging Payments & Fintech Forum on Thursday, May 20, 2021.
Western Union (WU) partners with Ritsumeikan University to enable its international students to pay fees easily.
Alphabet (GOOGL) is expanding Google Pay to support international payments. Users of Google Pay will now be able to send money to other Google Pay users in India and Singapore, as part of the new feature. The service has been made possible with the integration of Western Union (WU) and Wise. Plans are underway to make it possible for Google Pay users to send money to people in more than 200 countries via Western Union, and to people in more than 80 countries via Wise. To send money, Google Pay users will only have to search for the Google Pay user that they want to send money to.
Western Union (WU) partners with Google Pay to provide its cross-border digital platform to be used by the latter's users.
WU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|