Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XEC POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where XEC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.19% of US stocks.
- XEC's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- XEC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
XEC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Cimarex Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.92% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that XEC's revenue has grown -21.85% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 16.52% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of Cimarex Energy Co's share price is greater than that of 82.65% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cimarex Energy Co are FAF, PDCE, VST, AR, and HFC.
- Visit XEC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cimarex.com.
XEC Valuation Summary
- XEC's price/sales ratio is 3.8; this is 153.33% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- XEC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 10.9 over the prior 229 months.
- XEC's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 229 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XEC.
XEC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 34.46%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -28.83%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -90.14%.
The table below shows XEC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XEC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XEC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.67||52-week high||$76.39|
|Prev. close||$65.00||52-week low||$22.39|
|Day high||$66.59||Avg. volume||1,280,983|
|50-day MA||$68.77||Dividend yield||1.66%|
|200-day MA||$54.26||Market Cap||6.75B|
Cimarex Energy Co (XEC) Company Bio
Cimarex Energy operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
XEC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for XEC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Cimarex Energy Co ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for XEC, they are:
- Cimarex Energy Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 12%; for context, that number is higher than 84.54% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Cimarex Energy Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -13.73. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 5.73% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Cimarex Energy Co experienced a tax rate of about 19% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than 82.36% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
XEC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XEC Latest Social Stream
View Full XEC Social Stream
Latest XEC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cimarex Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XEC as an investment opportunity.
EOG Resources' (EOG) second-quarter 2021 results are likely to be backed by higher production volumes.
Energy Transfer LP's (ET) second-quarter earnings are likely to have benefited from fee-based contracts and completion of organic growth projects.
Adjusted net income for the quarter was $105 million or $0.26 per share which represents over a five-fold increase in adjusted earnings per share relative to the prior year period, driven primarily by 35% increase in our realized natural gas prices. During the quarter, we also delivered positive free cash flow of $64 million, our 18th quarter of positive free cash flow over the last 21 quarters resulting in a $127 million improvement in free cash flow relative to the second quarter of 2020. During the second quarter we returned over two-thirds of our free cash flow to shareholders through our base quarterly dividend as we continue to emphasize our strategic focus on returning a majority of our free cash flow to shareholders.
Cabot Oil's (COG) total average unit costs decline to $1.41 per thousand cubic feet equivalent from the year-ago figure of $1.44 in Q2.
Higher production and commodity prices in the second quarter are likely to have boosted ConocoPhillips' (COP) profits.
XEC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|