Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): Price and Financial Metrics
XEC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Cimarex Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 2.98% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, XEC has reported earnings growth of 3,777.35%, putting it ahead of 99.66% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that XEC's revenue has grown -34.04% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 11.06% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cimarex Energy Co are CNNE, EEX, AINC, SM, and GNK.
- XEC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cimarex Energy Co's official web site, go to www.cimarex.com.
XEC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XEC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$64.90||52-week high||$69.35|
|Prev. close||$61.86||52-week low||$17.78|
|Day high||$65.62||Avg. volume||1,273,161|
|50-day MA||$58.51||Dividend yield||1.43%|
|200-day MA||$38.05||Market Cap||6.67B|
Cimarex Energy Co (XEC) Company Bio
Cimarex Energy operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
XEC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Cimarex Energy Co. To summarize, we found that Cimarex Energy Co ranked in the 13th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for XEC, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 73% of its capital from equity, and 27% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 70.59% of US equities in the Energy sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 2.3 years, is -0.18% -- higher than merely 9.59% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Cimarex Energy Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -24.04. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 4.61% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
XEC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XEC Latest Social Stream
View Full XEC Social Stream
Latest XEC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cimarex Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XEC as an investment opportunity.
Cimarex Energy Co. (NYSE: XEC) will host a conference call on Thursday, May 6, 2021, at 9:00 AM MT (11:00 AM ET) to discuss first-quarter 2021 financial and operating results. The Company plans to announce first-quarter 2021 results on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, after close of trading.
A whopping number of 13F filings filed with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has been processed by Insider Monkey so that individual investors can look at the overall hedge fund sentiment towards the stocks included in their watchlists. These freshly-submitted public filings disclose money managers’ equity positions as of the end of the three-month period […]
Cimarex Energy (XEC) will move forward with "confidence" of developing its permitted federal acreage in the western Permian Basin of New Mexico, CEO Thomas Jorden says.The company responded to President Biden's pause on new oil and gas leasing on federal lands in a "knee-jerk" fashion and redirected back to west Texas...
Barclays Stick to Their Buy Rating for Cimarex Energy
Cimarex (XEC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
XEC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching XECWant to see what other sources are saying about Cimarex Energy Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!