Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL): Price and Financial Metrics
XEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.36||52-week high||$72.99|
|Prev. close||$60.97||52-week low||$53.73|
|Day high||$61.15||Avg. volume||3,523,389|
|50-day MA||$59.03||Dividend yield||3.44%|
|200-day MA||$62.90||Market Cap||33.31B|
XEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XEL POWR Grades
- XEL scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 64.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XEL is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- XEL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.54% of US stocks).
XEL Stock Summary
- XEL's went public 37.89 years ago, making it older than 93.05% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of XCEL ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.15% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For XEL, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.36% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to XEL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WEC, PEG, OKE, AEP, and AWK.
- XEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit XCEL ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.xcelenergy.com.
XEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, XEL's price/sales ratio is 15% higher, now standing at 2.3.
- Over the past 243 months, XEL's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XEL.
XEL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 33.1%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.43%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 10.39%.
The table below shows XEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XEL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.26% of graded US stocks.
- XEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.232 -- ranking 42nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OKE, WEC, and AVA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XEL.
The table below shows XEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL) Company Bio
Xcel Energy Inc. is an American utility holding company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, serving more than 3.7 million electric customers and 2.1 million natural gas customers in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Texas, and New Mexico in 2019. It consists of four operating subsidiaries: Northern States Power-Minnesota, Northern States Power-Wisconsin, Public Service Company of Colorado, and Southwestern Public Service Co. (Source:Wikipedia)
XEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XEL Latest Social Stream
View Full XEL Social Stream
Latest XEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about XCEL ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XEL as an investment opportunity.
We grant publicly regulated utilities certain privileges in exchange for reliability and affordability. When they try to leverage that privilege to corner a new market, they deserve plenty of pushback.
Markets remain volatile on concerns of a slowing economy. Hence, investing in defensive stocks like Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. (CWCO), Vistra Corp. (VST), Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL), PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) and Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc. (LW) is a safe bet.
Xcel Energy Inc. (NASDAQ:XEL) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 27, 2023 Xcel Energy Inc. misses on earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $1.19 EPS, expectations were $1.31. Operator: Hello, and welcome to the Xcel Energy Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. My name is George, I’ll be a coordinator for today’s events. Please note this […]
Q3 2023 Xcel Energy Inc Earnings Call
Xcel Energy's (XEL) third-quarter earnings and revenues are lower than expected. The company narrows its earnings guidance for 2023.
XEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|