Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XEL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where XEL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.49% of US stocks.
- XEL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 168 days.
- XEL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
XEL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1,690.03, Xcel Energy Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 97.99% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Xcel Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, XEL is more volatile than merely 5.14% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Xcel Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SRE, KMI, ES, AVB, and WELL.
- Visit XEL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.xcelenergy.com.
XEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, XEL's price/sales ratio is 38.1% higher, now standing at 2.9.
- Over the past 243 months, XEL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 12.9.
- XEL's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XEL.
XEL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 35.2%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 25.92%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 6.98%.
The table below shows XEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XEL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.26% of graded US stocks.
- XEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.232 -- ranking 42nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OKE, WEC, and AVA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XEL.
The table below shows XEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.94||52-week high||$72.94|
|Prev. close||$67.62||52-week low||$57.23|
|Day high||$69.32||Avg. volume||3,643,171|
|50-day MA||$67.07||Dividend yield||2.71%|
|200-day MA||$67.51||Market Cap||37.14B|
Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL) Company Bio
Xcel Energy Inc. engages primarily in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. The company was founded in 1909 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Most Popular Stories View All
XEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XEL Latest Social Stream
View Full XEL Social Stream
Latest XEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Xcel Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XEL as an investment opportunity.
Vistra (VST) inks a deal to extend its existing Moss Landing Energy Storage Facility, boosting its renewable energy capacity.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Xcel Energy Inc., WEC Energy Group Inc., Atmos Energy Corp., MGE Energy Inc. and Eversource Energy
Xcel Energy Inc., WEC Energy Group Inc., Atmos Energy Corp., MGE Energy Inc. and Eversource Energy are included in this blog.
NextEra Energy's (NEE) fourth-quarter earnings are better than expected due to strong contribution from all businesses. NEE continues to enjoy the benefits from an expanding customer base.
Investment company First Command Financial Services, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Invesco S&P 500 Equal Weight ETF, iShares S&P Mid-Cap 400 Value ETF, The Home Depot Inc, The Walt Disney Co, BTC iShares MSCI USA Value Factor ETF, sells NVIDIA Corp, Invesco S&P 500 Low Volatility ETF, Vanguard Growth ETF, Honeywell International Inc, AT&T Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, First Command Financial Services, Inc..
Investment company Hudson Valley Investment Advisors Inc (Current Portfolio) buys Moderna Inc, Simon Property Group Inc, Enbridge Inc, Coterra Energy Inc, Molson Coors Beverage Co, sells OceanFirst Financial Corp, Mondelez International Inc, AT&T Inc, iShares Expanded Tech Sector ETF, U.S.
XEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|