Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XEL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where XEL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XEL is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- XEL's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
XEL Stock Summary
- XEL has a higher market value than 92.85% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $36,974,807,160.
- Of note is the ratio of Xcel Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, XEL is more volatile than merely 4.43% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to XEL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BCE, ES, KMI, MPC, and LYB.
- Visit XEL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.xcelenergy.com.
XEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, XEL's EV/EBIT ratio is 15% higher, now standing at 25.3.
- Over the past 243 months, XEL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 11.9.
- Over the past 243 months, XEL's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XEL.
XEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.25||52-week high||$76.44|
|Prev. close||$68.79||52-week low||$57.23|
|Day high||$69.55||Avg. volume||2,818,642|
|50-day MA||$68.55||Dividend yield||2.66%|
|200-day MA||$67.40||Market Cap||36.73B|
Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL) Company Bio
Xcel Energy Inc. engages primarily in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. The company was founded in 1909 and is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
XEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XEL Latest Social Stream
View Full XEL Social Stream
Latest XEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Xcel Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XEL as an investment opportunity.
MINNEAPOLIS, July 28, 2021--Xcel Energy announced today that it is co-chairing and investing in Energy Impact Partners’ Elevate Future Fund ("Elevate") as a founding, limited partner. Energy Impact Partners is a global investment platform that supports the development of new, clean energy technologies, and Xcel Energy is a long-time investor in the company. The new Elevate fund aims to create a more diverse founder community and an inclusive venture capital ecosystem within the clean energy tran
Utility earnings in the second quarter are expected to have benefited from higher demand from commercial and industrial customers, new rates as well as cost management.
Xcel Energy (XEL) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Eversource Energy's (ES) earnings are likely to have benefited from proper cost management and contribution from the acquired assets of Columbia Gas of Massachusetts.
As we already know from media reports and hedge fund investor letters, hedge funds delivered their best returns in a decade. Most investors who decided to stick with hedge funds after a rough 2018 recouped their losses by the end of the fourth quarter of 2019. A significant number of hedge funds continued their strong […]
XEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|