Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XEL POWR Grades
- XEL scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- XEL's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- XEL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
XEL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 910.81, Xcel Energy Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.42% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Xcel Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Xcel Energy Inc's share price is greater than that of only 2.98% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Xcel Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ES, BCE, ET, ED, and EQR.
- Visit XEL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.xcelenergy.com.
XEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, XEL's price/sales ratio is 38.1% higher, now standing at 2.9.
- Over the past 243 months, XEL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 12.9.
- XEL's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XEL.
XEL Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 25.92%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.24%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 13.91%.
The table below shows XEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XEL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.26% of graded US stocks.
- XEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.232 -- ranking 42nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OKE, WEC, and AVA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XEL.
The table below shows XEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$69.33||52-week high||$76.63|
|Prev. close||$68.56||52-week low||$61.15|
|Day high||$69.43||Avg. volume||3,426,501|
|50-day MA||$72.67||Dividend yield||2.81%|
|200-day MA||$68.46||Market Cap||37.76B|
Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL) Company Bio
Xcel Energy Inc. is an American utility holding company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, serving more than 3.7 million electric customers and 2.1 million natural gas customers in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Texas, and New Mexico in 2019. It consists of four operating subsidiaries: Northern States Power-Minnesota, Northern States Power-Wisconsin, Public Service Company of Colorado, and Southwestern Public Service Co. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
XEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XEL Latest Social Stream
View Full XEL Social Stream
Latest XEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Xcel Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XEL as an investment opportunity.
The state's biggest power company has approval to build a 560-mile loop of transmission lines carrying renewable energy from the plains into Denver.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights PNM Resources, Entergy, Xcel Energy (XEL), WEC Energy and Atmos Energy
PNM Resources, Entergy, Xcel Energy (XEL), WEC Energy and Atmos Energy are included in this analyst blog.
AES Corp.'s (AES) Q4 revenues come in at $2,770 million in the reported quarter, up 8.2% year over year.
American Electric's (AEP) fourth-quarter revenues of $4.10 billion beats the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $4.02 billion by 2%.
We have narrowed our search to five utility stocks. These are XEL, WEC, ETR, PNM and ATO.
XEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|