Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XEL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where XEL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XEL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- XEL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 30.28% of US stocks).
XEL Stock Summary
- XEL has a higher market value than 93.74% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $36,042,473,079.
- XEL's went public 37.26 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of XCEL ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to XEL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ED, ES, O, EXC, and SRE.
- XEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit XCEL ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.xcelenergy.com.
XEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, XEL's price/sales ratio is 4.55% higher, now standing at 2.3.
- XEL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 33.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XEL.
XEL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 33.1%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.43%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 10.39%.
The table below shows XEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XEL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 21.26% of graded US stocks.
- XEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.232 -- ranking 42nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OKE, WEC, and AVA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XEL.
The table below shows XEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XEL Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of XEL, see our XEL price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$72.29||Average Broker Recommendation||1.87 (Hold)|
XEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.40||52-week high||$77.66|
|Prev. close||$65.29||52-week low||$56.89|
|Day high||$66.07||Avg. volume||2,932,646|
|50-day MA||$66.83||Dividend yield||3.17%|
|200-day MA||$68.90||Market Cap||35.96B|
Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL) Company Bio
Xcel Energy Inc. is an American utility holding company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, serving more than 3.7 million electric customers and 2.1 million natural gas customers in Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Texas, and New Mexico in 2019. It consists of four operating subsidiaries: Northern States Power-Minnesota, Northern States Power-Wisconsin, Public Service Company of Colorado, and Southwestern Public Service Co. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
XEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XEL Latest Social Stream
View Full XEL Social Stream
Latest XEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about XCEL ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XEL as an investment opportunity.
Minnesota nuclear plant to restart in next week after leak repair - spokesperson
A Minnesota nuclear power plant owned by Xcel Energy Inc will be restarted in the next week after being shut down due to a leak at the plant, a company spokesperson said on Tuesday. The Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant was fully powered down on March 25 to repair a leak of water containing the radioactive chemical tritium from the facility, Xcel's Theo Keith said. Crews have repaired the leak, which Minneapolis-based Xcel Energy said did not pose risks to public heath or affect electricity supply to the 500,000 customers of the plant.
Energy company: Minnesota leak fixed, plant to reopen soon
A faulty pipe that allowed water containing a radioactive isotope of hydrogen to leak at a Minnesota nuclear power plant has been repaired and the plant will return to service in the next week, a spokesman for the energy company said Tuesday. Meanwhile, a state agency said a fish kill that claimed at least 230 fish in the Mississippi River near Xcel Energy’s Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant was caused by a water temperature change resulting from the shutdown of the plant, not by any chemicals leaking into the river. The nuclear plant, about 38 miles (60 kilometers) northwest of Minneapolis, was fully powered down around 7 a.m. Saturday to fix the leaky pipe discovered last week, Xcel Energy spokesman Theo Keith said.
Radioactive water leaks at Minn. nuclear plant for 2nd time
Water containing a radioactive material has leaked for a second time from a nuclear plant near Minneapolis and the plant will be shut down, but there is no danger to the public, the plant’s owner said Thursday. A leak of what was believed to be hundreds of gallons of water containing tritium was discovered this week from a temporary fix at the Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant, where 400,000 gallons (1.5 million liters) of water with tritium leaked in November, Xcel Energy said in a statement Thursday.
Xcel Energy Inc. (NASDAQ:XEL) Delivered A Better ROE Than Its Industry
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
Regulators: Nuclear plant leak didn't require public notice
Minnesota regulators knew four months ago that radioactive waste had leaked from a nuclear power plant in Monticello — but they didn’t announce anything about the leak until this week. The delay in notifying the public about the November leak raised questions about public safety and transparency, but industry experts said Friday there was never a public health threat. “This is something that we struggle with because there is such concern with anything that is nuclear,” said Victoria Mitlyng, a spokesperson with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
XEL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching XELWant to do more research on Xcel Energy Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Xcel Energy Inc (XEL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Xcel Energy Inc (XEL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Xcel Energy Inc (XEL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...