Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XOM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where XOM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XOM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- XOM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
XOM Stock Summary
- EXXON MOBIL CORP's market capitalization of $457,748,313,744 is ahead of 99.8% of US-listed equities.
- XOM's went public 37.12 years ago, making it older than 93.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, XOM has reported earnings growth of -1,284.55%, putting it ahead of just 1.19% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to XOM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are UNH, JPM, V, WMT, and JNJ.
- XOM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EXXON MOBIL CORP's official web site, go to corporate.exxonmobil.com.
XOM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, XOM's EV/EBIT ratio is 32.02% lower, now standing at 6.9.
- Over the past 243 months, XOM's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XOM.
XOM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 215.05%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 8.68%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 39.1%.
The table below shows XOM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XOM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XOM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.18% of graded US stocks.
- XOM's asset turnover comes in at 0.738 -- ranking 26th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVI, CLR, and PSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XOM.
The table below shows XOM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XOM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XOM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$111.92||52-week high||$117.78|
|Prev. close||$111.15||52-week low||$74.03|
|Day high||$114.11||Avg. volume||17,134,713|
|50-day MA||$109.93||Dividend yield||3.25%|
|200-day MA||$98.69||Market Cap||460.92B|
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) Company Bio
Exxon Mobil Corp. engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. The company, as we know it today, was formed on November 30, 1999 with the merger of Exxon Corp. and Mobil Corp., creating one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies in the world. In addition to traditional energy operations, Exxon Mobil Chemical is a global chemical company specializing in converting crude oil into petrochemical feedstocks that are used in medical equipment, electronics, clothing, vitamin capsules, tires, and many other products. Exxon currently produces approximately 2.3 million barrels of oil equivalent energy per day.
Most Popular Stories View All
XOM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XOM Latest Social Stream
View Full XOM Social Stream
Latest XOM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EXXON MOBIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XOM as an investment opportunity.
Energy stocks were the place to be in 2022, and many Wall Street analysts think their outperformance will persist well into the future. Granted, it's possible to find energy companies that pay larger dividends than ExxonMobil.
S&P 500 stocks Exxon Mobil, Delta Air Lines and Qualcomm along with Dow Jones stock Boeing and Autoliv are in focus this week. With the market rally attempting to gain momentum, these stocks have earnings out of the way and give investors exposure options across different industries — including energy, semiconductors and airlines.
As many of you know, I’ve been bullish on the energy sector.
General Motors is revving up. The auto maker posted a $2 billion net profit for the fourth quarter. Revenue rose 28% to $43.1 billion, and GM shook off a shortage of semiconductors and other supply-chain problems that have bogged down factory schedules for more than two years.
In the category defined as “mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction," the unemployment rate is now just 0.3%, versus 8.4% a year ago.
XOM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|