Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XOM POWR Grades
- XOM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.29% of US stocks.
- XOM's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- XOM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
XOM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $348,721,008,377, Exxon Mobil Corp has a greater market value than 99.57% of US stocks.
- Exxon Mobil Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Exxon Mobil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 5.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to XOM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CVX, BHP, MA, BAC, and PG.
- Visit XOM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to corporate.exxonmobil.com.
XOM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, XOM's EV/EBIT ratio is 202.48% lower, now standing at -18.6.
- Over the past 243 months, XOM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 27.4.
- XOM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 27.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XOM.
XOM Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 31.94%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 135.49%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -44.08%.
The table below shows XOM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XOM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- XOM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.18% of graded US stocks.
- XOM's asset turnover comes in at 0.738 -- ranking 26th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVI, CLR, and PSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with XOM.
The table below shows XOM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
XOM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XOM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$96.64||52-week high||$97.43|
|Prev. close||$96.30||52-week low||$52.10|
|Day high||$97.43||Avg. volume||31,531,840|
|50-day MA||$86.59||Dividend yield||3.66%|
|200-day MA||$70.94||Market Cap||407.10B|
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) Company Bio
Exxon Mobil Corp. engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. The company, as we know it today, was formed on November 30, 1999 with the merger of Exxon Corp. and Mobil Corp., creating one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies in the world. In addition to traditional energy operations, Exxon Mobil Chemical is a global chemical company specializing in converting crude oil into petrochemical feedstocks that are used in medical equipment, electronics, clothing, vitamin capsules, tires, and many other products. Exxon currently produces approximately 2.3 million barrels of oil equivalent energy per day.
Most Popular Stories View All
XOM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XOM Latest Social Stream
View Full XOM Social Stream
Latest XOM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Exxon Mobil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XOM as an investment opportunity.
Exxon Mobil (XOM) has seen some extreme volatility the last couple of weeks thanks to general market volatility that appears to be based on Russia/Ukraine news. Which seems to flip flop every 20 minutes. I do remain very bullish on oil and Exxon over the next few years, but depending...
Chevron Corporation (CVX) raised it's already substantial quarterly dividend to $1.42 from $1.34 in January. This puts the current yield at 4.3% well above the S&P 500 (SPY) rate of 1.3%. In this article, we will examine CVX's financial metrics, dividend history and where CVX is going from here. I...
ExxonMobil (XOM) is an American oil and gas company. It operates through three segments, namely Upstream, Downstream, and Chemical. The Upstream division produces crude oil and natural gas. The Downstream unit manufactures petroleum products. The Chemical segment provides petrochemicals. For Q4 2021, ExxonMobil reported revenue of $85 billion, which increased from $46.5 billion in the same quarter the previous year but fell short of the consensus estimate of $90.2 billion. It posted adjusted EPS of $2.05, which rose from $0.03 in the same quarter the previous year and beat the consensus estimate of $1.84. The company plans to distribute a quarterly dividend of $0.88 per share on March 10.
When investors look for relative strength assets, energy stocks are one of the few groups that have been strong all year.
Investors are talking about the best energy cryptos to buy as the Russia-Ukraine conflict exposes deep issues with the energy sector.
XOM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|