Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
XOM POWR Grades
- XOM scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 92.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for XOM is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- XOM's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 15.01% of US stocks).
XOM Stock Summary
- Exxon Mobil Corp's market capitalization of $246,476,635,748 is ahead of 99.4% of US-listed equities.
- XOM's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Exxon Mobil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.27% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to XOM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PFE, BHP, KO, VZ, and NKE.
- XOM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Exxon Mobil Corp's official web site, go to corporate.exxonmobil.com.
XOM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, XOM's price/sales ratio is 13.33% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- XOM's price/earnings ratio has moved down 27.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, XOM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for XOM.
XOM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 135.49%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 176.65%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -44.08%.
The table below shows XOM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
XOM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
XOM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.57||52-week high||$64.93|
|Prev. close||$58.93||52-week low||$31.11|
|Day high||$58.88||Avg. volume||26,697,660|
|50-day MA||$60.59||Dividend yield||5.91%|
|200-day MA||$51.48||Market Cap||243.72B|
Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) Company Bio
Exxon Mobil Corp. engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. The company, as we know it today, was formed on November 30, 1999 with the merger of Exxon Corp. and Mobil Corp., creating one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies in the world. In addition to traditional energy operations, Exxon Mobil Chemical is a global chemical company specializing in converting crude oil into petrochemical feedstocks that are used in medical equipment, electronics, clothing, vitamin capsules, tires, and many other products. Exxon currently produces approximately 2.3 million barrels of oil equivalent energy per day.
XOM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for XOM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Exxon Mobil Corp ranked in the 9th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Exxon Mobil Corp ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.75 years comes in at -0.06%; that's greater than just 16.04% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Exxon Mobil Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -19.95. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 4.28% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Exxon Mobil Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 23.45% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
XOM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
XOM Latest Social Stream
View Full XOM Social Stream
Latest XOM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Exxon Mobil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate XOM as an investment opportunity.
ABBV,ABR,AON,AVNT,AXL,B,BAH,BLMN,CAT,CBOE,CERN,CHD,CHTR,CL,CNHI,COG,CPRI,CRI,CVX,DAN,ENB,GWW,HRC,HUN,IDXX,IMGN,IMO,ITW,JCI,LAZ,LYB,MOG.A,NWL,PFS,PG,PNM,POR,QSR,SHLX,TU,VFC,WETF,WPC,WY,XOM For Seeking Alpha's full earnings season calendar, click here....
(Bloomberg) -- Oil rose the most in a week as investors see strong demand growth that should continue to whittle down oil supplies following positive signals from broader markets.Futures in New York rose 1.7% on Thursday as equities climbed toward all-time highs. While U.S. gross domestic product growth missed forecasts in the second quarter, household spending jumped by the most decades, underscoring the demand for oil and other commodities to support the supply chain. Oil was also supported by
ExxonMobil (XOM) reports Q2 earnings before market open on July 30. Can the company's profits and revenue continue to rebound amid higher oil prices?
Exxon Mobil, an American multinational oil and gas entity, is expected to report its second-quarter earnings of $1.0 per share, which represents year-over-year growth of over 240%, up from a loss of $0.70 per share seen in the same quarter a year ago.
Exxon Mobil (XOM) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
XOM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|