Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$127.12||52-week high||$145.86|
|Prev. close||$125.98||52-week low||$81.43|
|Day high||$129.15||Avg. volume||61,661,555|
|50-day MA||$134.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$113.16||Market Cap||1.31T|
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AMZN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMZN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- AMZN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
AMZN Stock Summary
- AMAZON COM INC's market capitalization of $1,332,227,982,780 is ahead of 99.93% of US-listed equities.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 412.92, AMAZON COM INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 92.78% of US stocks.
- AMZN's current price/earnings ratio is 101.91, which is higher than 94.95% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMAZON COM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be GOOGL, NVDA, TSLA, META, and BRK.B.
- AMZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMAZON COM INC's official web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, AMZN's price/earnings ratio is 662% higher, now standing at 114.3.
- AMZN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 334.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMZN.
AMZN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 102.74%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -28.32%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 133.54%.
The table below shows AMZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMZN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.65% of graded US stocks.
- AMZN's asset turnover comes in at 1.321 -- ranking 98th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ELA, BIG, and KR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMZN.
The table below shows AMZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMAZON COM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
Do not miss these three machine learning stocks as they are primed for long term growth in any investment portfolio.
Stocks' recent decline amid interest rate fears was overdone.
Meta is taking an open source approach to its cloud development, just as it did a decade ago with the cloud itself.
The IPO market in 2023 has been anything but hot.
These e-commerce stocks have significant market share in their core markets and are increasing free cash flow.
AMZN Price Returns