Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMZN POWR Grades
- AMZN scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 99.3% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AMZN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- AMZN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
AMZN Stock Summary
- AMZN has a market capitalization of $1,594,404,361,652 -- more than approximately 99.95% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Amazon Com Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 10.01% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Amazon Com Inc's share price is greater than that of just 0.59% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Amazon Com Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GOOGL, MSFT, AAPL, FB, and BRK.B.
- Visit AMZN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3,232.00||52-week high||$3,554.00|
|Prev. close||$3,222.90||52-week low||$2,330.00|
|Day high||$3,232.00||Avg. volume||3,709,974|
|50-day MA||$3,229.84||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3,207.82||Market Cap||1.63T|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amazon Com Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
Photo by anilakkus/iStock via Getty Images There were a string of interesting and large insider purchases last week following the broad-based decline in the market early in the week. A number of these purchases were repeat purchases by insiders that have purchased shares in the recent past including Farhad Nanji’s...
Just as the printing press and the internet had major impacts on human life, blockchain is going to change the way we do everything.
In today's top stories, Amazon announces thousands of new hires across the world, Google's developer conference kicks off next week, and broadband assistance comes from the federal government.
Looking for a Father's Day 2021 present to say "thanks dad?" Head to Amazon, which is currently having a secret Amazon sale—get the details.
The video-on-demand service will be available within the Amazon India app on android phones.
AMZN Price Returns