Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMZN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMZN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.99% of US stocks.
- AMZN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 161 days.
- AMZN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
AMZN Stock Summary
- AMZN has a market capitalization of $1,611,892,638,027 -- more than approximately 99.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Amazon Com Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 10.79% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AMZN is more volatile than just 5.89% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Amazon Com Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be GOOGL, TSLA, MSFT, FB, and BRK.B.
- AMZN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Amazon Com Inc's official web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Valuation Summary
- AMZN's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 26.61% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMZN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
- AMZN's price/sales ratio has moved up 3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMZN.
AMZN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 154.72%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 252.9%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 85.36%.
The table below shows AMZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMZN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.65% of graded US stocks.
- AMZN's asset turnover comes in at 1.321 -- ranking 98th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ELA, BIG, and KR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMZN.
The table below shows AMZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2,924.12||52-week high||$3,773.08|
|Prev. close||$3,033.35||52-week low||$2,881.00|
|Day high||$3,018.00||Avg. volume||3,089,964|
|50-day MA||$3,402.06||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3,391.05||Market Cap||1.48T|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amazon Com Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
Scrutiny on ARK Invest (ARKK) continued in the last week after investors withdrew around $350 million. After an impressive return up until early 2021, Cathie Wood made two critical macroeconomic calls that may hurt the ETF. First, Wood predicted in May 2021 on "a very serious correction in commodity prices"...
Investment company Searcy Financial Services Inc (Current Portfolio) buys First Trust Financials AlphaDEX Fund, Apple Inc, CVS Health Corp, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, iShares MSCI Global Min Vol Factor ETF, sells First Trust International IPO ETF, The Walt Disney Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Searcy Financial Services Inc .
Investment company Procyon Private Wealth Partners, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys PIMCO Enhanced Short Maturity Active Exchange-Trad, Vanguard Mega Cap Value ETF, iShares Interest Rate Hedged Long-Term Corporate B, Vanguard FTSE Developed Markets ETF, Schwab U.S.
Investment company HNP Capital LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Industrial Select Sector SPDR, iShares TIPS Bond ETF, ISHARES TRUST, BTC iShares Floating Rate Bond ETF, Vanguard Short-Term Government Bond ETF, sells SPDR Portfolio S&P 500 Growth ETF, Blackrock Income Trust Inc, Dow Inc, SPDR Gold Shares ETF, iShares iBoxx USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, HNP Capital LLC.
Investment company TTP Investments, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys ProShares Ultra S&P500, Amplify BlackSwan Growth & Treasury Core ETF, Apple Inc, Amazon.com Inc, Microsoft Corp, sells BTC iShares MSCI USA Min Vol Factor ETF, ISHARES TRUST, ISHARES TRUST, ISHARES TRUST during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, TTP Investments, Inc..
AMZN Price Returns