Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMZN POWR Grades
- AMZN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.48% of US stocks.
- AMZN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- AMZN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
AMZN Stock Summary
- AMZN has a market capitalization of $1,730,000,816,320 -- more than approximately 99.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Amazon Com Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 10.65% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AMZN is more volatile than only 5.99% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Amazon Com Inc are GOOGL, MSFT, AAPL, FB, and TSLA.
- Visit AMZN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amazon.com.
AMZN Valuation Summary
- AMZN's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 26.61% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMZN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
- AMZN's price/sales ratio has moved up 3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMZN.
AMZN Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 41.47%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 154%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 117.92%.
The table below shows AMZN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMZN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMZN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.67% of graded US stocks.
- AMZN's asset turnover comes in at 1.378 -- ranking 88th of 164 Retail stocks.
- BIG, KR, and DG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMZN.
The table below shows AMZN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMZN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMZN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3,425.52||52-week high||$3,773.08|
|Prev. close||$3,416.00||52-week low||$2,881.00|
|Day high||$3,429.26||Avg. volume||3,459,524|
|50-day MA||$3,420.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3,307.61||Market Cap||1.73T|
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Company Bio
Originally called “Cadabra,” Amazon.com, Inc’s website was launched on July 16th, 1995 by CEO and founder Jeff Bezos, selling only books online. Amazon provides a full suite of online retail shopping services. Moreover, the company has expanded beyond retail e-commerce to focus on four discrete customer sets: consumers, sellers, enterprises, and content creators. The company also provides other marketing and promotional services, such as online advertising and co-branded credit card agreements. In addition, Amazon manufactures and sells products such as, Kindle E-reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa. The company operates through three segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca. The International segment consists of retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through internationally focused locations. AWS is the largest cloud computing platform, and the primary profit driver for Amazon. In 2020, AWS broke the record of being a $10 billion business. Amazon controls more than a third of the cloud market, almost twice its next closest competitor.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMZN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMZN Latest Social Stream
View Full AMZN Social Stream
Latest AMZN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Amazon Com Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMZN as an investment opportunity.
Amazon.com Inc (AMZN), long one of the darlings of the market, has underperformed the S&P 500 by 16% over the last year. Does that mean there is a problem with the stock, or is the lagging share price a buying opportunity? On the other hand, shares of Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)...
Amazon Watch is a leading environmental organization fighting the degradation of the Amazon. This is one of the initiatives supported by Next Earth, the
Barclays has announced that Antony Stephen will be joining the Group on Monday 4 October 2021, as the new chief executive officer (CEO) for the Barclays Partner Finance (BPF) business, and its legal entity, Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd (CFSL). Antony joins from Amazon and brings over 25 years experience in payments and financial services. Through 
Amazon handed out cash and free cars to its warehouse workers who already received their doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. It was reported that the e-commerce and tech firm gave away $100,000 cash bonuses this month for
New Delhi: The US-based company Amazon Incs India operations has spent a staggering over $1.2 billion in legal expenses in the last two years to maintain its presence and relevance in one the largest markets 
AMZN Price Returns