Open Text Corporation (OTEX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
OTEX POWR Grades
- OTEX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 95.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for OTEX is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- OTEX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 36.93% of US stocks).
OTEX Stock Summary
- OTEX has a higher market value than 83.9% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $13,715,443,458.
- OTEX's current price/earnings ratio is 44.15, which is higher than 78.86% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, OTEX is more volatile than just 8.05% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Open Text Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be HPE, FMC, MKSI, MAXN, and ACIW.
- Visit OTEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.opentext.com.
OTEX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, OTEX's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.64% lower, now standing at 21.4.
- OTEX's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.9 over the prior 230 months.
- Over the past 230 months, OTEX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for OTEX.
OTEX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 65.55%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -4.85%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 100.09%.
The table below shows OTEX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
OTEX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- OTEX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.77% of graded US stocks.
- OTEX's asset turnover comes in at 0.346 -- ranking 71st of 83 Computers stocks.
- ANET, EXTR, and NXGN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with OTEX.
The table below shows OTEX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
OTEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
OTEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.31||52-week high||$55.25|
|Prev. close||$50.47||52-week low||$36.18|
|Day high||$50.95||Avg. volume||463,523|
|50-day MA||$51.72||Dividend yield||1.75%|
|200-day MA||$49.24||Market Cap||13.67B|
Open Text Corporation (OTEX) Company Bio
Open Text Corporation provides a suite of software products and services that assist organizations in finding, utilizing, and sharing business information from various devices. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Waterloo, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
OTEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
OTEX Latest Social Stream
View Full OTEX Social Stream
Latest OTEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Open Text Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate OTEX as an investment opportunity.
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX), (TSX: OTEX) is releasing its most comprehensive update to the OpenText™ Content Cloud as part of the Cloud Editions (CE) 21.4 launch at OpenText World. Headlining the release is the expansion of OpenText™ Core Content, a complete SaaS content services platform that will now have deeper integrations with Salesforce and Microsoft 365.
OpenText Named a Leader in IDC MarketScape for Multi-Enterprise Supply Chain Commerce Network for Second Consecutive Report
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX), (TSX: OTEX) today announced it has been named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Multi-Enterprise Supply Chain Commerce Network (MESCCN) 2021 Vendor Assessment for the second time. The IDC MarketScape for MESCCN report evaluates multi-enterprise supply chain vendors success based on capability and business strategy.
Despite the downward trend in earnings at Open Text (NASDAQ:OTEX) the stock lifts 3.2%, bringing five-year gains to 72%
If you buy and hold a stock for many years, you'd hope to be making a profit. Better yet, you'd like to see the share...
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX), (TSX: OTEX) today announced two new MDR offerings designed to meet the unique requirements of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and managed service providers (MSPs). The addition of Webroot MDR powered by Blackpoint Cyber and OpenText MDR Service to the OpenText Security & Protection Cloud provides SMBs and MSPs of all sizes and industries a choice of MDR that fits their business needs, IT environments, and compliance requirements.
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX), (TSX: OTEX), is a preferred partner at Google Cloud Next '21, which opens today. OpenText will be showcasing new cloud technologies that provide mutual customers the ability to utilize customer data for personalization in highly scalable environments.
OTEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|