Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHOP POWR Grades
- SHOP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 56.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHOP is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SHOP ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
SHOP Stock Summary
- SHOP has a higher market value than 97.21% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $93,664,968,353.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Shopify Inc is higher than 97.5% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Shopify Inc is reporting a growth rate of 1,160.41%; that's higher than 98.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Shopify Inc are ATVI, VMW, SQ, BA, and INTU.
- SHOP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Shopify Inc's official web site, go to www.shopify.com.
SHOP Valuation Summary
- SHOP's EV/EBIT ratio is 73.3; this is 127.29% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 76 months, SHOP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 157.1.
- Over the past 76 months, SHOP's price/earnings ratio has gone up 163.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHOP.
SHOP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHOP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.26% of graded US stocks.
- SHOP's asset turnover comes in at 0.382 -- ranking 385th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- ALRM, ISSC, and TYL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHOP.
The table below shows SHOP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$391.33||52-week high||$1,762.92|
|Prev. close||$360.62||52-week low||$308.06|
|Day high||$413.70||Avg. volume||3,528,019|
|50-day MA||$544.47||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,102.89||Market Cap||49.27B|
Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP) Company Bio
Shopify Inc. allows Merchants to use its software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHOP Latest Social Stream
View Full SHOP Social Stream
Latest SHOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shopify Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHOP as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Farfetch (NYSE: FTCH) were flying higher today, finishing up 39% after the online luxury fashion company posted fourth-quarter earnings results that showed surprising profit growth and reassured investors of its long-term growth opportunity. For 2022, management expects revenue growth to accelerate from the fourth quarter, calling for 28% to 32% gross merchandise value growth on its digital platform, where it generates the majority of its revenue and profits. There's a lot to like about the company as it's the leader in online luxury fashion, an underpenetrated area, selling products from more than 570 brands, including Chanel, Prada, and Gucci.
Sure it is possible but price momentum did not slow on the decline and that tells me that there probably has not been much scale down buying of SHOP. In this updated daily bar chart of SHOP, below, we can see that prices slumped still lower after our February 7th review. SHOP declined to a new low for the move down and erased roughly 2/3 of its highest valuation.
If you were investing six months ago, the words "cheap" and "technology stocks" were not often found in the same sentence when talking about the markets. If you are looking for suggestions on where to begin your search, here are two cheap technology stocks to consider buying right now. Based in Israel, the company has a 2.9% market share in the website building industry worldwide, which is behind only Shopify and WordPress.
Shopify stock is oversold, risking further downside as Nasdaq panic-selling intensifies the bearish sentiment.
Evercore ISI Senior Managing Director Mark Mahaney joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the outlook for tech stocks amid the Russia-Ukraine conflict, slowing growth, and Fed policy changes, plus earnings results from eBay and Facebook.
SHOP Price Returns