Waste Connections, Inc. Common Shares (WCN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WCN POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where WCN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WCN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- WCN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
WCN Stock Summary
- Waste Connections Inc's market capitalization of $32,060,439,699 is ahead of 91.55% of US-listed equities.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 55.05, Waste Connections Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 86.23% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WCN is more volatile than merely 8.3% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WCN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NDAQ, RSG, EFX, HES, and SUI.
- WCN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Waste Connections Inc's official web site, go to www.wasteconnections.com.
WCN Valuation Summary
- WCN's EV/EBIT ratio is 39.6; this is 85.05% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WCN's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.3.
- WCN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 23.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WCN.
WCN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -14.94%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 336%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 668.64%.
The table below shows WCN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WCN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WCN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.22% of graded US stocks.
- WCN's asset turnover comes in at 0.42 -- ranking 13th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CLH, CVA, and AES are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WCN.
The table below shows WCN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WCN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WCN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.30||52-week high||$138.82|
|Prev. close||$122.70||52-week low||$97.02|
|Day high||$123.71||Avg. volume||1,157,500|
|50-day MA||$132.33||Dividend yield||0.75%|
|200-day MA||$126.72||Market Cap||32.09B|
Waste Connections, Inc. Common Shares (WCN) Company Bio
New Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. The Company is also a leading provider of non-hazardous oilfield waste treatment, recovery and disposal services in several of the most active natural resource producing areas in the United States, including the Permian, Bakken and Eagle Ford Basins. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WCN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WCN Latest Social Stream
View Full WCN Social Stream
Latest WCN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Waste Connections Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WCN as an investment opportunity.
Investment company Sound View Wealth Advisors Group, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Illinois Tool Works Inc, Schwab US Dividend Equity ETF, Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, Vanguard High Dividend Yield Indx ETF, Vanguard Financials ETF, sells iShares iBonds Dec 2022 Term Corporate ETF, ProShares S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats ETF, SPDR Dividend ETF, , iShares S&P 500 Growth ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Sound View Wealth Advisors Group, LL
TORONTO, Jan. 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Waste Connections, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) ("Waste Connections" or the "Company") today announced that it will report financial results for the fourth quarter of 2021 and outlook for the full year 2022 after the close of…
Waratah Capital Advisors Ltd. lifted its stake in Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) by 18.7% during the 3rd quarter, according to the company in its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm owned 217,754 shares of the business services provider’s stock after buying an additional 34,301 shares during the period. Waste Connections […]
As disposal of medical waste is of utmost importance to curb the spread of coronavirus, RSG, WCN, CNM and MEG are poised to gain.
Investment company VIP Equity-Income Portfolio (Current Portfolio) buys Packaging Corp of America, Amdocs, Otis Worldwide Corp, Open Text Corp, Keurig Dr Pepper Inc, sells Merck Inc, The Travelers Inc, AbbVie Inc, Siemens AG, Norfolk Southern Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, VIP Equity-Income Portfolio.
WCN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|