Abbott Laboratories (ABT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ABT POWR Grades
- ABT scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 95.38% of US stocks.
- ABT's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- ABT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 40th percentile.
ABT Stock Summary
- Abbott Laboratories's market capitalization of $220,981,682,553 is ahead of 99.1% of US-listed equities.
- Abbott Laboratories's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.67% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ABT is more volatile than only 4.53% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ABT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DHR, TMO, NVO, MDT, and VZ.
- ABT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Abbott Laboratories's official web site, go to www.abbott.com.
ABT Valuation Summary
- ABT's price/earnings ratio is 35.1; this is 3.84% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ABT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, ABT's price/earnings ratio has gone down 10.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ABT.
ABT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 104.25%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 57.38%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 59.93%.
The table below shows ABT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ABT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ABT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.55% of graded US stocks.
- ABT's asset turnover comes in at 0.559 -- ranking 68th of 677 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- DVAX, RARE, and CORT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ABT.
The table below shows ABT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ABT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ABT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$125.30||52-week high||$129.70|
|Prev. close||$124.65||52-week low||$100.34|
|Day high||$125.90||Avg. volume||5,384,770|
|50-day MA||$123.86||Dividend yield||1.44%|
|200-day MA||$118.32||Market Cap||222.13B|
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Company Bio
Abbott Laboratories is an American multinational medical devices and health care company with headquarters in Abbott Park, Illinois, United States. The company was founded by Chicago physician Wallace Calvin Abbott in 1888 to formulate known drugs; today, it sells medical devices, diagnostics, branded generic medicines and nutritional products. It split off its research-based pharmaceuticals business into AbbVie in 2013. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ABT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ABT Latest Social Stream
View Full ABT Social Stream
Latest ABT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Abbott Laboratories that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ABT as an investment opportunity.
Abbott (ABT) closed at $124.65 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.38% move from the prior day.
The U.S. government has agreed to purchase point-of care COVID-19 tests from Abbott Laboratories and Celltrion Inc to ship to nursing homes and other high risk populations as part of its broader plan to purchase $2 billion in rapid coronavirus tests, a person familiar with the matter said on Tuesday. The federal government will purchase tests as needed and has agreed to spend up to $626 million in its agreement with Celltrion and $554.4 million in its deal with Abbott, the person said.
Abbott's (ABT) Portico with FlexNav TAVR system is intended to treat people with symptomatic severe aortic stenosis who are at high or extreme risk for open-heart surgery.
Billionaire Jared Isaacman, who paid for the SpaceX Inspiration4 flight, pledged $100 million St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and set a goal of raising an additional $100 million by February 2022.
Abbott Receives FDA Approval for Minimally Invasive Portico™ with FlexNav™ TAVR System to Treat Patients with Aortic Valve Disease
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the company's Portico™ with FlexNav™ transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) system to treat people with symptomatic, severe aortic stenosis who are at high or extreme risk for open-heart surgery. With this latest TAVR (also referred to as TAVI, or transcatheter aortic valve implantation) advancement, Abbott continues to offer the industry's leading portfolio of structural heart solutions that
ABT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|