Abbott Laboratories (ABT): Price and Financial Metrics
ABT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$101.71||52-week high||$118.23|
|Prev. close||$102.87||52-week low||$93.25|
|Day high||$102.52||Avg. volume||5,071,844|
|50-day MA||$105.69||Dividend yield||1.98%|
|200-day MA||$105.16||Market Cap||176.87B|
ABT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ABT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ABT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.37% of US stocks.
- ABT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- ABT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.73% of US stocks).
ABT Stock Summary
- ABT has a market capitalization of $180,920,024,968 -- more than approximately 99.11% of US stocks.
- ABT's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, ABT is more volatile than merely 2.23% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ABBOTT LABORATORIES, a group of peers worth examining would be DHR, TMO, SHEL, LIN, and CMCSA.
- Visit ABT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.abbott.com.
ABT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, ABT's price/sales ratio is 100% higher, now standing at 4.4.
- ABT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ABT.
ABT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 91.66%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 127.27%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 53.91%.
The table below shows ABT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ABT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ABT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.76% of graded US stocks.
- ABT's asset turnover comes in at 0.559 -- ranking 70th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- DVAX, RARE, and CORT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ABT.
The table below shows ABT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ABT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of ABT, see our ABT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$132.05||Average Broker Recommendation||1.48 (Moderate Buy)|
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Company Bio
Abbott Laboratories is an American multinational medical devices and health care company with headquarters in Abbott Park, Illinois, United States. The company was founded by Chicago physician Wallace Calvin Abbott in 1888 to formulate known drugs; today, it sells medical devices, diagnostics, branded generic medicines and nutritional products. It split off its research-based pharmaceuticals business into AbbVie in 2013. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ABT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ABT Latest Social Stream
View Full ABT Social Stream
Latest ABT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ABBOTT LABORATORIES that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ABT as an investment opportunity.
Judge tosses some claims in Abbott baby formula litigation
Abbott Laboratories persuaded a federal judge to dismiss some claims in nationwide litigation over recalled baby formula. In a decision on Monday, U.S. District Judge Matthew Kennelly in Chicago dismissed claims by parents pursuing only "economic loss" claims related to Similac and other formula that they said had a "substantial risk" of bacteria contamination. The parents said they would not have bought or would have paid less for formula but for the Abbott Park, Illinois-based company's claims that it was safe.
Abbott (ABT) Expands in Electrophysiology With New FDA Nod
Abbott (ABT) notes that using TactiFlex catheter can lead to reduced procedure times and better safety compared to the company's previous generation catheters.
Abbott Unveils Late-Breaking Data Showing the World's First Dual-Chamber Leadless Pacemaker Study Met All Three Primary Endpoints
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced late-breaking results from the AVEIR™ dual-chamber (DR) i2i™ Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) study, a large-scale study to assess the world's first dual-chamber leadless pacemaker, showing that the leadless pacemaker met its three prespecified primary endpoints for safety and performance. The data further suggests that AVEIR DR could offer new benefits for people with slower-than-normal heart rhythms.
Stereotaxis, Abbott Ink Pact To Combine Mapping & Robotic Tech: FDA Approves Abbott's Next-Gen Abalation Catheter
Stereotaxis Inc (NYSE: STXS) shares are gaining after the company announced a global collaboration with Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) to integrate Abbott's EnSite X EP System with Stereotaxis' Robotic Magnetic Navigation systems. Stereotaxis and Abbott have completed the integration of their technologies and performed testing demonstrating joint compatibility. The integrated technologies are cleared for use in Europe, with additional regulatory clearances expected in the coming months. Concurr
Abbott's (ABT) Assert-IQ Cardiac Monitor Receives FDA Approval
Abbott's (ABT) latest approval adds to its line-up of remote patient management and treatment tools that can support doctors more effectively.
ABT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ABTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Abbott Laboratories's stock as an investment opportunity:
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...