Abbott Laboratories (ABT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ABT POWR Grades
- ABT scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 88.61% of US stocks.
- ABT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- ABT ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
ABT Stock Summary
- ABT has a market capitalization of $183,983,146,200 -- more than approximately 99.2% of US stocks.
- ABBOTT LABORATORIES's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.26% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of ABBOTT LABORATORIES's share price is greater than that of just 21.81% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ABT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DHR, TMO, DIS, VZ, and TMUS.
- Visit ABT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.abbott.com.
ABT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, ABT's EV/EBIT ratio is 80.68% higher, now standing at 18.7.
- Over the past 243 months, ABT's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ABT.
ABT Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 153.97%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -4.71%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 161.43%.
The table below shows ABT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ABT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ABT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.76% of graded US stocks.
- ABT's asset turnover comes in at 0.559 -- ranking 70th of 680 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- DVAX, RARE, and CORT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ABT.
The table below shows ABT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ABT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ABT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$100.68||52-week high||$142.60|
|Prev. close||$101.07||52-week low||$98.81|
|Day high||$100.89||Avg. volume||5,452,975|
|50-day MA||$107.07||Dividend yield||1.87%|
|200-day MA||$116.93||Market Cap||176.31B|
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) Company Bio
Abbott Laboratories is an American multinational medical devices and health care company with headquarters in Abbott Park, Illinois, United States. The company was founded by Chicago physician Wallace Calvin Abbott in 1888 to formulate known drugs; today, it sells medical devices, diagnostics, branded generic medicines and nutritional products. It split off its research-based pharmaceuticals business into AbbVie in 2013. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ABT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ABT Latest Social Stream
View Full ABT Social Stream
Latest ABT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ABBOTT LABORATORIES that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ABT as an investment opportunity.
DexCom (DXCM) has risen sharply in recent years until the beginning of this year. The stock has entered a bear market. This is probably mainly due to the Fed's strict policy to contain inflation. Interest rates are rising sharply, correcting the prices of expensive growth stocks. DexCom is also a growth stock whose share price has declined.
In this article, we will look at the 10 best defensive stocks to buy according to Ray Dalio. If you want to explore similar stocks, you can also take a look at 5 Best Defensive Stocks to Buy According to Ray Dalio. Ray Dalio is a billionaire investor and hedge fund manager of Bridgewater Associates, […]
In this article, we discuss 10 defensive stocks that quant billionaire Jim Simons loves. If you want to read about some more stocks in the Simons portfolio, go directly to Quant Billionaire Jim Simons Loves These 5 Defensive Stocks. James Simons, the founder of New York-based Renaissance Technologies, manages an equity portfolio worth more than […]
The FDA concluded an internal review of agency actions related to the U.S. infant formula supply. The agency released a 10-page report, which is the result of information collected from more than 40 interviews with more than 60 FDA staff and leadership directly involved with the events that transpired. The review found that numerous shortcomings hampered the agency’s response to the U.S. infant formula supply problems this year. The FDA said a “confluence of systemic vulnerabilities” helped expl
The excitement of investing in a company that can reverse its fortunes is a big draw for some speculators, so even...
ABT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|