Akamai Technologies Inc. (AKAM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AKAM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AKAM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.65% of US stocks.
- AKAM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AKAM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14% of US stocks).
AKAM Stock Summary
- AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC's market capitalization of $13,620,327,333 is ahead of 86.56% of US-listed equities.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AKAM is more volatile than only 19.32% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AKAM comes in at 4.72% -- higher than that of 73.84% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC are DLB, EGRX, VBIV, CHKP, and DDD.
- AKAM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC's official web site, go to www.akamai.com.
AKAM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, AKAM's price/sales ratio is 50% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- AKAM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 28 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AKAM.
AKAM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 100.69%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -1.64%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 36.89%.
The table below shows AKAM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AKAM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AKAM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.44% of graded US stocks.
- AKAM's asset turnover comes in at 0.43 -- ranking 353rd of 561 Business Services stocks.
- GLOB, OKTA, and ICLK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AKAM.
The table below shows AKAM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AKAM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AKAM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.46||52-week high||$123.25|
|Prev. close||$86.62||52-week low||$76.28|
|Day high||$87.74||Avg. volume||1,209,294|
|50-day MA||$88.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$92.69||Market Cap||13.75B|
Akamai Technologies Inc. (AKAM) Company Bio
Akamai Technologies, Inc. is an American content delivery network (CDN), a cybersecurity, and cloud service company, providing web and Internet security services. Akamai's Intelligent Edge Platform is one of the world's largest distributed computing platforms. The company operates a network of servers around the world and rents out capacity on these servers to customers who want their websites to work faster by distributing content from locations near the user. When a user navigates to the URL of an Akamai customer, their browser is directed by Akamai's domain name system to a proximal edge server that can serve the requested content. Akamai's mapping system assigns each user to a proximal edge server using sophisticated algorithms such as stable matching and consistent hashing, enabling more reliable and faster web downloads. Further, Akamai implements DDoS mitigation and other security services in its edge server platform. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AKAM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AKAM Latest Social Stream
View Full AKAM Social Stream
Latest AKAM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AKAM as an investment opportunity.
Alphabet (GOOGL) was a big mover last session on higher-than-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions might help the stock continue moving higher in the near term.
As you may recall in last Tuesday’s Market 360, I gave a preview of how the big banks were poised to do and whether they were good buys ahead of their earnings releases.
The Wall Street Technology Association (WSTA) to Hold Virtual Event on "Securing the Multicloud for Finance" for Financial Technology and Business Professionals
The Wall Street Technology Association (WSTA®), a not-for-profit organization that provides financial technology and business professionals a forum to learn from and connect with each other, will host a virtual educational event on "Securing the Multicloud for Finance" on January 26, 2023 . NEW YORK , Jan. 18, 2023 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The Wall Street Technology Association (WSTA®) , a not-for-profit organization that provides financial technology and business professionals a forum to learn from and connect with each other, will host a virtual educational event on "Securing the Multicloud for Finance" on January 26, 2023 . Speakers at this event include Keynote and Panel Moderator: John Burke , CTO, Nemertes; Premier Sponsor: Fortinet; Speaking and Panel Sponsors: Akamai Technologies, ...
In Friday’s session, Akamai Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM) marked $88.70 per share, up from $88.64 in the previous session. While Akamai Technologies Inc. has overperformed by 0.07%, investors are advised to look at stock chart patterns for technical insight. Within its last year performance, AKAM fell by -22.27%, with highs and lows ranging from $123.25 to […]
Akamai co-founder and CEO Tom Leighton has bought more than $500,000 of stock since the beginning of December.
AKAM Price Returns
Continue Researching AKAMWant to do more research on Akamai Technologies Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch