Akamai Technologies Inc. (AKAM): Price and Financial Metrics
AKAM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$107.55||52-week high||$109.05|
|Prev. close||$107.93||52-week low||$70.65|
|Day high||$108.39||Avg. volume||1,613,948|
|50-day MA||$100.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$88.11||Market Cap||16.32B|
AKAM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AKAM POWR Grades
- AKAM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 79.67% of US stocks.
- AKAM's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AKAM's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 40.82% of US stocks).
AKAM Stock Summary
- AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC's market capitalization of $16,019,407,030 is ahead of 88.36% of US-listed equities.
- AKAM's current price/earnings ratio is 31.36, which is higher than 76.75% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- AKAM's price/sales ratio is 4.38; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 76.63% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC are CRCT, SOFI, JAMF, EVBG, and MTCH.
- Visit AKAM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.akamai.com.
AKAM Valuation Summary
- AKAM's price/sales ratio is 4.3; this is 59.26% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AKAM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 35.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AKAM.
AKAM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -5.59%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.34%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 25.41%.
The table below shows AKAM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AKAM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AKAM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.44% of graded US stocks.
- AKAM's asset turnover comes in at 0.43 -- ranking 353rd of 561 Business Services stocks.
- GLOB, OKTA, and ICLK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AKAM.
The table below shows AKAM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Akamai Technologies Inc. (AKAM) Company Bio
Akamai Technologies, Inc. is an American content delivery network (CDN), a cybersecurity, and cloud service company, providing web and Internet security services. Akamai's Intelligent Edge Platform is one of the world's largest distributed computing platforms. The company operates a network of servers around the world and rents out capacity on these servers to customers who want their websites to work faster by distributing content from locations near the user. When a user navigates to the URL of an Akamai customer, their browser is directed by Akamai's domain name system to a proximal edge server that can serve the requested content. Akamai's mapping system assigns each user to a proximal edge server using sophisticated algorithms such as stable matching and consistent hashing, enabling more reliable and faster web downloads. Further, Akamai implements DDoS mitigation and other security services in its edge server platform. (Source:Wikipedia)
AKAM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AKAM Latest Social Stream
View Full AKAM Social Stream
Latest AKAM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AKAM as an investment opportunity.
Akamai (AKAM) collaborates with Corero Network Security to enhance proficiency of DDoS security solutions.
Akamai Technologies (AKAM) closed at $108.49 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.75% move from the prior day.
Akamai Extends Its Industry-Leading DDoS Defense with Prolexic On-Prem and Hybrid Options Powered by Corero
Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKAM), the cloud company that powers and protects life online, today announced a global partnership with Corero Network Security (LON: CNS), the specialists in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) protection solutions. Akamai is now offering Corero's on-premises DDoS protection to extend Akamai Prolexic, Akamai's own comprehensive portfolio of DDoS security solutions.
On September 18, 2023, Edward Mcgowan, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Akamai Technologies Inc (NASDAQ:AKAM), sold 2,456 shares of the company.
In this article, we discuss long-term returns of Paul Singer’s activist targets. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out Long Term Returns of Paul Singer’s 5 Activist Targets. Paul Singer is the brain behind Elliot Management, one of the oldest hedge funds with over $50 billion in assets under management. The […]
AKAM Price Returns
Continue Researching AKAMWant to do more research on Akamai Technologies Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch