Albemarle Corporation (ALB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALB POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where ALB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 58.54% of US stocks.
- ALB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 161 days.
- ALB ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
ALB Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $26,471,740,763, Albemarle Corp has a greater market value than 89.89% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 124.79, Albemarle Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 95.03% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -42.95%, Albemarle Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 11.34% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Albemarle Corp are STE, MKC, VIAC, FTV, and AMCR.
- ALB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Albemarle Corp's official web site, go to www.albemarle.com.
ALB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, ALB's price/earnings ratio is 102.01% higher, now standing at 40.2.
- ALB's price/earnings ratio has moved up 28.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ALB's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 22.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALB.
ALB Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 84.35%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 68.07%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -7.92%.
The table below shows ALB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.3% of graded US stocks.
- ALB's asset turnover comes in at 0.313 -- ranking 74th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- TSE, HXL, and NEU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALB.
The table below shows ALB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$215.89||52-week high||$291.48|
|Prev. close||$217.15||52-week low||$133.82|
|Day high||$219.49||Avg. volume||911,227|
|50-day MA||$247.86||Dividend yield||0.72%|
|200-day MA||$210.85||Market Cap||25.25B|
Albemarle Corporation (ALB) Company Bio
Albemarle Corporation develops, manufactures and markets technologically advanced and high value added products, including lithium and lithium compounds, bromine and bromine derivatives, catalysts and surface treatment chemistries used in a wide range of applications including consumer electronics, flame retardants, metal processing, plastics, contemporary and alternative transportation vehicles, refining, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, construction and custom chemistry services. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
ALB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALB Latest Social Stream
View Full ALB Social Stream
Latest ALB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Albemarle Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALB as an investment opportunity.
LyondellBasell's (LYB) Spheripol is the leading polypropylene process technology with more than 30 million tons of licensed capacity.
Kronos Worldwide (KRO) gains on strong demand and higher selling prices of titanium dioxide.
This article first appeared on Trend Investing on December 14, 2021; but has been updated for this article. With lithium prices hitting new record highs each day (currently at CNY 327,500/t (~US$51,553/t)), investors can consider what companies will benefit most from high lithium prices, now and in the next few...
Sherwin-Williams (SHW) foresees net income of $1.15 per share and $6.96 per share for the fourth quarter and full-year 2021, respectively.
PPG inks deal with Cellforce to provide cathode binder systems free of NMP to enable sustainable battery production.
ALB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|