Albemarle Corp. (ALB): Price and Financial Metrics
ALB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$127.99||52-week high||$293.01|
|Prev. close||$125.35||52-week low||$112.00|
|Day high||$133.25||Avg. volume||2,203,126|
|50-day MA||$136.09||Dividend yield||1.41%|
|200-day MA||$189.43||Market Cap||15.02B|
ALB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALB POWR Grades
- ALB scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 64.16% of US stocks.
- ALB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- ALB ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
ALB Stock Summary
- ALB's current price/earnings ratio is 4.45, which is higher than only 4.74% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, ALB has reported earnings growth of 84.61%, putting it ahead of 87.89% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for ALBEMARLE CORP comes in at 76.68%, a number that bests 93.87% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ALB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CPB, EPC, CSL, NVT, and STE.
- ALB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALBEMARLE CORP's official web site, go to www.albemarle.com.
ALB Valuation Summary
- ALB's price/earnings ratio is 4.4; this is 71.43% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- ALB's price/earnings ratio has moved down 12 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALB.
ALB Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 12.64%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -18.69%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -55.9%.
The table below shows ALB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.3% of graded US stocks.
- ALB's asset turnover comes in at 0.313 -- ranking 74th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- TSE, HXL, and NEU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALB.
The table below shows ALB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Albemarle Corp. (ALB) Company Bio
Albemarle Corporation is a specialty chemicals manufacturing company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It operates 3 divisions: lithium (36.6% of 2020 revenues), bromine specialties (30.8% of 2020 revenues) and catalysts (25.5% of 2020 revenues). (Source:Wikipedia)
ALB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALB Latest Social Stream
View Full ALB Social Stream
Latest ALB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALBEMARLE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALB as an investment opportunity.
Analysts are loving these 3 top rated lithium stocks and investors should scoop them up before demand for Electric Vehicles (EVs) picks up.
These are the top stocks to own and represent undervalued companies that are likely to witness healthy growth and margin expansion.
Even though lithium stocks have taken a beating, don’t let that chase you away.
Electric vehicle stocks should heat up in the near future but play it safe anyway with these shares that are relatively stable.
These lithium stocks are bracing for a high-powered surge, targeting a $22.6 billion market by 2030 offering tremendous upside.
ALB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|