Albemarle Corp. (ALB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALB POWR Grades
- ALB scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ALB is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- ALB's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 10.77% of US stocks).
ALB Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of ALBEMARLE CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.71% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for ALBEMARLE CORP is higher than it is for about 93.82% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, ALBEMARLE CORP is reporting a growth rate of 598.93%; that's higher than 96.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ALBEMARLE CORP are MATX, UFPT, CMC, MLM, and RBCN.
- Visit ALB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.albemarle.com.
ALB Valuation Summary
- ALB's price/sales ratio is 6.8; this is 444% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- ALB's price/earnings ratio has moved up 7.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALB.
ALB Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -52.11%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -75.63%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 11.74%.
The table below shows ALB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.3% of graded US stocks.
- ALB's asset turnover comes in at 0.313 -- ranking 74th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- TSE, HXL, and NEU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALB.
The table below shows ALB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$276.56||52-week high||$334.55|
|Prev. close||$270.02||52-week low||$169.93|
|Day high||$276.84||Avg. volume||1,298,210|
|50-day MA||$276.84||Dividend yield||0.59%|
|200-day MA||$240.63||Market Cap||32.40B|
Albemarle Corp. (ALB) Company Bio
Albemarle Corporation is a specialty chemicals manufacturing company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It operates 3 divisions: lithium (36.6% of 2020 revenues), bromine specialties (30.8% of 2020 revenues) and catalysts (25.5% of 2020 revenues). (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ALB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALB Latest Social Stream
View Full ALB Social Stream
Latest ALB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALBEMARLE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALB as an investment opportunity.
These are the energy stocks to buy that should continue to provide robust cash flows as this looming energy crisis continues.
As the economy teeters on the brink of recession, here is a stock for investors to buy and two stocks to sell.
In this article, we will discuss the 15 Best Self Driving Car Stocks To Buy Now. You can skip our detailed analysis of the autonomous car industry and go directly to the 5 Best Self Driving Car Stocks To Buy Now. While automation was a niche technology almost exclusive to the manufacturing side in the previous […]
Albemarle (ALB) benefits from strong demand and prices in its lithium unit and actions to boost its global lithium conversion capacity.
Companies that have strong quality, value, or growth grades are the stocks to buy once markets recognize their business potential.
ALB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|