Albemarle Corp. (ALB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ALB POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where ALB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 62.7% of US stocks.
- ALB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- ALB's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 2.74% of US stocks).
ALB Stock Summary
- ALB's current price/earnings ratio is 210.54, which is higher than 97.1% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for ALB is currently 75.64, higher than 93.32% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Albemarle Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.81% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Albemarle Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ATRS, RKDA, CAMP, OEC, and MDGS.
- Visit ALB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.albemarle.com.
ALB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, ALB's price/earnings ratio is 102.01% higher, now standing at 40.2.
- ALB's price/earnings ratio has moved up 28.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ALB's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 22.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ALB.
ALB Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 84.35%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -7.92%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 68.07%.
The table below shows ALB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ALB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ALB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.3% of graded US stocks.
- ALB's asset turnover comes in at 0.313 -- ranking 74th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- TSE, HXL, and NEU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ALB.
The table below shows ALB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ALB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$205.15||52-week high||$291.48|
|Prev. close||$208.98||52-week low||$163.20|
|Day high||$208.78||Avg. volume||1,265,169|
|50-day MA||$225.09||Dividend yield||0.77%|
|200-day MA||$227.07||Market Cap||24.03B|
Albemarle Corp. (ALB) Company Bio
Albemarle Corporation is a specialty chemicals manufacturing company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. It operates 3 divisions: lithium (36.6% of 2020 revenues), bromine specialties (30.8% of 2020 revenues) and catalysts (25.5% of 2020 revenues). (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ALB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALB Latest Social Stream
View Full ALB Social Stream
Latest ALB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Albemarle Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALB as an investment opportunity.
Albemarle (NYSE:ALB) declares $0.395/share quarterly dividend, 1.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.390.Forward yield 0.86%Payable April 1; for shareholders of record March 18; ex-div…
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Feb. 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB) announces that it has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.395 per share. The dividend, which has an annualized rate of $1.58, is payable April 1, 2022, to shareholders of record at…
Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB), a leader in the global specialty chemicals industry, announced today that its Board of Directors (the "Board") has appointed Ralf H. Cramer to the Board, effective February 21, 2022. Cramer will serve as a member of the Board's Audit & Finance Committee and Health, Safety & Environment Committee.
B2Gold's (BTG) Q4 top line gains from year-over-year higher gold ounces sold, partly offset by a decline in the average realized gold price.
Welcome to the February 2022 edition of the lithium miner news. The past month saw lithium prices surge again to record highs making the current lithium price bull run one of the greatest in history. The China spot lithium carbonate price is up ~10x in the past 14 months. February...
ALB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|