Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AMD POWR Grades
- AMD scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 87% of US stocks.
- AMD's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AMD ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
AMD Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $147,790,160,693, Advanced Micro Devices Inc has a greater market value than 98.44% of US stocks.
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, AMD has reported earnings growth of 179.5%, putting it ahead of 88.61% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Advanced Micro Devices Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be AMAT, MU, INTC, LRCX, and REGN.
- Visit AMD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.amd.com.
AMD Valuation Summary
- AMD's price/sales ratio is 10; this is 83.49% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMD's price/sales ratio has gone up 9.1.
- AMD's price/sales ratio has moved up 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMD.
AMD Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 85.75%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 1386.43%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 57.65%.
The table below shows AMD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.27% of graded US stocks.
- AMD's asset turnover comes in at 1.454 -- ranking 18th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- AVYA, PLXS, and UCTT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMD.
The table below shows AMD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AMD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.47||52-week high||$164.46|
|Prev. close||$77.99||52-week low||$75.48|
|Day high||$78.91||Avg. volume||105,174,586|
|50-day MA||$91.91||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$115.29||Market Cap||123.92B|
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) Company Bio
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. was founded in 1969 in Silicon Valley. AMD primarily offers x86 microprocessors, chipsets, discrete and integrated graphics processing units (GPUs), data center and professional GPUs, development services, semi-custom System-on-Chip (SoC) products, development services and technology for game consoles. AMD develops and primarily sells its products and services to the gaming and business communities. AMD’s main competitor in the processor market is Intel Corp., while the company primarily competes against NVIDIA Corp. for the computer graphics and data center industries. AMD looks to continue to "highlight our product portfolio across the PC, gaming and data center markets" for 2021, according to CEO and President Dr. Lisa Su.
Most Popular Stories View All
AMD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMD Latest Social Stream
View Full AMD Social Stream
Latest AMD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Advanced Micro Devices Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMD as an investment opportunity.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that its board of directors approved a new $8 billion share repurchase program. The new authorization is in addition to the $4 billion share repurchase program announced in May 2021, under which the company has repurchased approximately $3 billion of shares of AMD common stock. “We are pleased to expand our share repurchase program based on the strength of our balance sheet and expectations for future free c
Wedbush Securities Managing Director Dan Ives joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how the market and tech stocks are adjusting to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, how tech stocks are oversold, and supply chain moderation ahead of technology and semiconductor demands.
Millennials and Gen Z are investing earlier than previous generations. What are their top stock picks? And should you buy them too?
Bitcoin, ‘digital gold’ or ‘the ultimate risk asset’? Ukraine invasion puts the crypto’s long-term value to the test
A weekly look at the most important moves and news in crypto and what's on the horizon in digital assets.
Advanced Micro (AMD) could produce exceptional returns because of its solid growth attributes.
AMD Price Returns
Continue Researching AMDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Advanced Micro Devices Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch