Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AQN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AQN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.12% of US stocks.
- AQN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- AQN's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 9.42% of US stocks).
AQN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.76% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For AQN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.87% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP is reporting a growth rate of -98.82%; that's higher than merely 14.62% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP are TRTN, ATCO, CWEN, GOGL, and AHH.
- AQN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP's official web site, go to algonquinpower.com.
AQN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AQN's price/sales ratio is 5.56% higher, now standing at 1.9.
- Over the past 161 months, AQN's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AQN.
AQN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 40.91%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -52.78%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 9.25%.
The table below shows AQN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AQN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AQN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.58% of graded US stocks.
- AQN's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 87th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, MSEX, and MGEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AQN.
The table below shows AQN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AQN Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AQN, see our AQN price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$17.40||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
AQN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AQN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.58||52-week high||$16.01|
|Prev. close||$8.25||52-week low||$6.41|
|Day high||$8.62||Avg. volume||5,667,063|
|50-day MA||$7.61||Dividend yield||9.03%|
|200-day MA||$10.24||Market Cap||5.90B|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN) Company Bio
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and transmission utility assets in North America. The company generates and sells electrical energy through a portfolio of non-regulated renewable and clean energy power generation facilities. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Oakville, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
AQN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AQN Latest Social Stream
View Full AQN Social Stream
Latest AQN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AQN as an investment opportunity.
3 Stocks That Slashed Their Dividend Payments In 2023
This past year has been a tough one for investors, especially those who rely on dividend payments. It serves as a painful but important reminder that dividend payments are never a guarantee. Three companies that recently slashed or suspended their dividend payments include Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (NYSE: AQN), and Healthcare Services Group (NASDAQ: HCSG).
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) closed the most recent trading day at $8.01, moving -0.37% from the previous trading session.
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) Stock Moves -0.64%: What You Should Know
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) closed the most recent trading day at $7.80, moving -0.64% from the previous trading session.
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) Gains But Lags Market: What You Should Know
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) closed the most recent trading day at $7.85, moving +0.38% from the previous trading session.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (NYSE:AQN) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (NYSE:AQN) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript March 17, 2023 Operator: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Webcast and Conference Call. Following the presentation, there will be a question-and-answer session. I would now like to turn […]
AQN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AQNWant to see what other sources are saying about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...