Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AQN POWR Grades
- AQN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- AQN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AQN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
AQN Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is higher than 92.4% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 5.86% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is higher than it is for about 94.5% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp are AL, TRTN, ESS, APTS, and LSI.
- Visit AQN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to algonquinpower.com.
AQN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AQN's price/earnings ratio is 36% lower, now standing at 14.4.
- AQN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 142 months.
- AQN's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 142 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AQN.
AQN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 112.03%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 55%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 114.28%.
The table below shows AQN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AQN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AQN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.58% of graded US stocks.
- AQN's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 87th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, MSEX, and MGEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AQN.
The table below shows AQN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AQN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AQN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.43||52-week high||$16.10|
|Prev. close||$13.46||52-week low||$12.88|
|Day high||$13.48||Avg. volume||2,204,105|
|50-day MA||$14.17||Dividend yield||5.05%|
|200-day MA||$14.45||Market Cap||9.05B|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN) Company Bio
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and transmission utility assets in North America. The company generates and sells electrical energy through a portfolio of non-regulated renewable and clean energy power generation facilities. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Oakville, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
AQN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AQN Latest Social Stream
View Full AQN Social Stream
Latest AQN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AQN as an investment opportunity.
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
California Water's (CWT) Q4 earnings lag estimates. California Water is likely to gain from closing of the pending acquisitions and consistent investments in the upcoming years.
Essential Utilities' (WTRG) Q4 earnings surpass estimates. Essential Utilities continues to make systematic investments to upgrade the water and natural gas systems to provide reliable services to customers.
NiSource's (NI) fourth-quarter earnings surpass estimates. NiSource is making systematic investments to strengthen electric and natural gas operations.
PPL Corporation's (PPL) fourth-quarter earnings lag estimates. PPL Corporation is likely to benefit from the completion of the share repurchase target.
AQN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AQNWant to see what other sources are saying about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch