Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AQN POWR Grades
- AQN scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 63.78% of US stocks.
- AQN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 160 days.
- AQN's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 8.95% of US stocks).
AQN Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is higher than 89.46% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For AQN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.54% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp are AL, BRX, ADC, TRTN, and PNW.
- Visit AQN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to algonquinpower.com.
AQN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AQN's price/earnings ratio is 36% lower, now standing at 14.4.
- AQN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 142 months.
- AQN's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 142 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AQN.
AQN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 55%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 128.86%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 112.03%.
The table below shows AQN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AQN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AQN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.58% of graded US stocks.
- AQN's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 87th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, MSEX, and MGEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AQN.
The table below shows AQN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AQN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AQN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.16||52-week high||$17.86|
|Prev. close||$14.05||52-week low||$13.39|
|Day high||$14.21||Avg. volume||2,781,317|
|50-day MA||$14.04||Dividend yield||4.84%|
|200-day MA||$15.08||Market Cap||9.51B|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN) Company Bio
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and transmission utility assets in North America. The company generates and sells electrical energy through a portfolio of non-regulated renewable and clean energy power generation facilities. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Oakville, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
AQN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AQN Latest Social Stream
View Full AQN Social Stream
Latest AQN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AQN as an investment opportunity.
Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN) has priced its U.S
In this article, we are going to discuss the top 10 stock picks of David Dattels’ NewGen Asset Management. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Dattels’ history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, you can go directly to Top 5 Stock Picks of NewGen Asset Management. David Dattels is the founder and […]
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. ("AQN" or the "Company") (TSX: AQN) (NYSE: AQN) today announced that it has priced the previously announced (i) underwritten public offering in the United States (the "U.S. Offering") of US$750 million aggregate principal amount of 4.75% fixed-to-fixed reset rate junior subordinated notes series 2022-B due January 18, 2082 (the "U.S. Notes"); and (ii) underwritten public offering in Canada (the "Canadian Offering" and, together with the U.S. Offering, the "Offer
Algonquin Power & Utilities <
OAKVILLE, Ontario, Jan. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. ("AQN” or the “Company”) (TSX/NYSE: AQN) today announced that it is considering an underwritten public offering in the United States of U.S. dollar denominated fixed-to-fixed reset rate junior subordinated notes series 2022-B due 2082 (the “U.S. Offering”). Concurrently with the U.S. Offering, AQN has also announced that it is considering an underwritten public offering in Canada of Canadian dollar denominated
AQN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AQNWant to see what other sources are saying about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch