Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AQN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AQN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.73% of US stocks.
- AQN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AQN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.19% of US stocks).
AQN Stock Summary
- AQN's current price/earnings ratio is 182.02, which is higher than 97.73% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 5.92% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For AQN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.43% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP are WELL, OPI, RPT, HR, and SNCY.
- Visit AQN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to algonquinpower.com.
AQN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AQN's EV/EBIT ratio is 141.96% higher, now standing at 51.9.
- AQN's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 157 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AQN.
AQN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 2.65%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 9.25%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 2.74%.
The table below shows AQN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AQN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AQN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.58% of graded US stocks.
- AQN's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 87th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AVA, MSEX, and MGEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AQN.
The table below shows AQN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AQN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AQN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.68||52-week high||$16.01|
|Prev. close||$7.67||52-week low||$7.41|
|Day high||$7.83||Avg. volume||2,559,477|
|50-day MA||$10.53||Dividend yield||9.38%|
|200-day MA||$13.36||Market Cap||5.21B|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN) Company Bio
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and transmission utility assets in North America. The company generates and sells electrical energy through a portfolio of non-regulated renewable and clean energy power generation facilities. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Oakville, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
AQN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AQN Latest Social Stream
View Full AQN Social Stream
Latest AQN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ALGONQUIN POWER & UTILITIES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AQN as an investment opportunity.
Trade Alert: The President Of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (TSE:AQN), Arun Banskota, Has Just Spent US$1.5m Buying 158% More Shares
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. ( TSE:AQN ) shareholders (or potential shareholders) will be happy to see that the...
Alternative energy stocks face some of the strongest secular tailwinds out there. In 2020, when oil prices were on shaky ground, green energy stocks were red-hot, surging to new highs and eventually peaking in 2021 alongside many other momentum stocks that got a bit ahead of themselves. Fast-forward to today, and oil is a hot commodity again. Many renewable energy plays have now retreated from their highs. With investors looking to fossil fuels to shelter from high inflation, the tables have turned against alternative energy firms. Nonetheless, let's check out three intriguing alternative energy stocks, BEP, NEE, and AQN, that Wall Street sees upside in.
Shares of Algonquin Power & Utilities (NYSE: AQN) crashed this week and were down 18% through noon Friday, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. The utility stock found itself at the receiving end of analysts' downgrades, and investors are now worried about the safety of Algonquin's dividend. Here's what happened: Despite its solid top-line growth, Algonquin suffered a huge loss and burned through cash rapidly as production costs rose, interest rates shot up, and supply constraints hit the construction of some renewable energy projects.
Companies in The News Are: WBA, AMZN, COIN, AQN
Algonquin Power & Utilities ( TSE:AQN ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$666.7m (up 26...
AQN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AQNWant to see what other sources are saying about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch