Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AQN POWR Grades
- AQN scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 88.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AQN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- AQN's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 10.73% of US stocks).
AQN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 5.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For AQN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.42% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's share price is greater than that of just 4.55% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AQN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AL, BXP, CMRE, ADC, and HIW.
- AQN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's official web site, go to algonquinpower.com.
AQN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, AQN's price/earnings ratio is 36% lower, now standing at 14.4.
- AQN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 142 months.
- AQN's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 142 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AQN.
AQN Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 351.37%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 16.5%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 201.02%.
The table below shows AQN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AQN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AQN has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.23% of graded US stocks.
- AQN's asset turnover comes in at 0.143 -- ranking 88th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- FE, AVA, and MSEX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AQN.
The table below shows AQN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AQN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AQN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.10||52-week high||$17.86|
|Prev. close||$15.18||52-week low||$14.42|
|Day high||$15.23||Avg. volume||1,566,549|
|50-day MA||$15.25||Dividend yield||4.48%|
|200-day MA||$15.80||Market Cap||9.39B|
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. Common Shares (AQN) Company Bio
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and transmission utility assets in North America. The company generates and sells electrical energy through a portfolio of non-regulated renewable and clean energy power generation facilities. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Oakville, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
AQN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AQN Latest Social Stream
View Full AQN Social Stream
Latest AQN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AQN as an investment opportunity.
They may not be growth machines, but these stocks can generate a whole lot of dividend income for you.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. ("Algonquin" or the "Company") (TSX: AQN) (NYSE: AQN) today announced its commitment to a net-zero by 2050 target. This target is rooted in Algonquin's purpose of sustaining energy and water for life and is a reflection of the Company's track record of being a leader in the transition to a low-carbon economy. Concurrently, Algonquin is releasing its 2021 ESG Report, which details Algonquin's progress with respect to environmental, social and governance ("ESG") m
Algonquin Power & Utilities' (TSE:AQN) five-year total shareholder returns outpace the underlying earnings growth
Stock pickers are generally looking for stocks that will outperform the broader market. And in our experience, buying...
Financial performance of renewable energy companies has often been erratic. Be it rooftop solar or fuel cells, renewable energy space is still evolving. Let's look at three renewable energy stocks that you can buy and hold for the long term.
These companies have delivered handsome dividend growth and can continue doing so in the years to come.
AQN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AQNWant to see what other sources are saying about Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch