American Express Co. (AXP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AXP POWR Grades
- AXP scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 93.95% of US stocks.
- AXP's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- AXP's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 27.15% of US stocks).
AXP Stock Summary
- American Express Co's market capitalization of $140,155,864,953 is ahead of 98.23% of US-listed equities.
- AXP's went public 35.84 years ago, making it older than 92.71% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 7.76 for American Express Co; that's greater than it is for 85.59% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AXP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SCHW, RY, TGT, CHTR, and HSBC.
- Visit AXP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.americanexpress.com.
AXP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AXP's price/sales ratio is 3.12% higher, now standing at 3.3.
- AXP's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AXP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AXP.
AXP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 23.14%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 35.01%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 21.46%.
The table below shows AXP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AXP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AXP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.58% of graded US stocks.
- AXP's asset turnover comes in at 0.218 -- ranking 33rd of 431 Banking stocks.
- COF, SYF, and ISTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AXP.
The table below shows AXP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AXP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AXP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$178.03||52-week high||$189.03|
|Prev. close||$180.95||52-week low||$89.11|
|Day high||$183.73||Avg. volume||3,502,164|
|50-day MA||$168.84||Dividend yield||0.95%|
|200-day MA||$155.65||Market Cap||141.43B|
American Express Co. (AXP) Company Bio
The American Express Company (AmEx) is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company's logo, adopted in 1958, is a gladiator or centurion whose image appears on the company's well-known traveler's cheques, charge cards, and credit cards. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AXP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AXP Latest Social Stream
View Full AXP Social Stream
Latest AXP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Express Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AXP as an investment opportunity.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information. The premium card market in the U.S. continues to be competitive. Earlier this year, The Platinum Card® from American Express received a major refresh with new statement credits and a new (higher) annual fee. The Business Platinum Card® from American Express followed right …
American Express (NYSE:AXP) and Sentage (NASDAQ:SNTG) are both finance companies, but which is the superior business? We will contrast the two businesses based on the strength of their institutional ownership, analyst recommendations, profitability, valuation, earnings, dividends and risk. Analyst Ratings This is a summary of current ratings and target prices for American Express and Sentage, 
In the last trading session, 3.77 million American Express Company (NYSE:AXP) shares changed hands as the companys beta touched 1.24. With the companys per share price at $180.95 changed hands at -$1.36 or -0.75% during last session, the market valuation stood at $136.37B. AXPs last price was a discount, traded about -4.47% off its 52-week American Express Company (NYSE: AXP): The Most Interesting Shares Of The Day Read More »
American Express (NYSE:AXP) had its price target raised by equities research analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from $185.00 to $195.00 in a research report issued on Monday, Benzinga reports. The brokerage currently has a sector perform rating on the payment services companys stock. Royal Bank of Canadas price target would indicate a potential upside 
Does American Express (AXP) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
AXP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|