American Express Co. (AXP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AXP POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AXP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.54% of US stocks.
- AXP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- AXP ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 21st percentile.
AXP Stock Summary
- AXP has a market capitalization of $101,148,474,214 -- more than approximately 98.22% of US stocks.
- AMERICAN EXPRESS CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.39 for AMERICAN EXPRESS CO; that's greater than it is for 87.75% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to AMERICAN EXPRESS CO are CI, HSBC, T, HDB, and CMCSA.
- AXP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN EXPRESS CO's official web site, go to www.americanexpress.com.
AXP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AXP's price/sales ratio is 21.43% lower, now standing at 2.2.
- Over the past 243 months, AXP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 5.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AXP.
AXP Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1.71%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 61%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -23.32%.
The table below shows AXP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AXP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AXP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.58% of graded US stocks.
- AXP's asset turnover comes in at 0.218 -- ranking 33rd of 431 Banking stocks.
- COF, SYF, and ISTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AXP.
The table below shows AXP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AXP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AXP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$142.38||52-week high||$199.55|
|Prev. close||$144.37||52-week low||$134.12|
|Day high||$145.06||Avg. volume||3,628,589|
|50-day MA||$153.26||Dividend yield||1.44%|
|200-day MA||$165.03||Market Cap||106.75B|
American Express Co. (AXP) Company Bio
The American Express Company (AmEx) is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company's logo, adopted in 1958, is a gladiator or centurion whose image appears on the company's well-known traveler's cheques, charge cards, and credit cards. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AXP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AXP Latest Social Stream
View Full AXP Social Stream
Latest AXP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN EXPRESS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AXP as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, October 03, 2022--American Express (NYSE: AXP) today announced that it will hold its annual ‘Member Week’ from October 10th – 14th. Throughout the week, American Express® U.S. Consumer and Small Business Card Members will get access to unique experiences and special offers, totaling access to almost $300 in value with statement credits on select purchases, across shopping, entertainment, dining, travel and wellness.
As business travel returns, workers want their well-being prioritized. This means bleisure, business class, and partners coming along for the ride.
American Express Company ( NYSE:AXP ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 11% in the last...
These 6 Dow stocks should do well over the long term.
These payment companies all have different competitive advantages
AXP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|