American Express Co. (AXP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AXP POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AXP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AXP is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- AXP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
AXP Stock Summary
- AXP has a market capitalization of $144,991,242,554 -- more than approximately 98.37% of US stocks.
- AXP's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- AXP's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 86.58% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AXP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are HSBC, RY, TD, CVS, and PM.
- AXP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit American Express Co's official web site, go to www.americanexpress.com.
AXP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AXP's price/sales ratio is 3.12% higher, now standing at 3.3.
- AXP's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AXP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AXP.
AXP Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -74.67%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 252.06%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 16.09%.
The table below shows AXP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AXP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AXP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.58% of graded US stocks.
- AXP's asset turnover comes in at 0.218 -- ranking 33rd of 431 Banking stocks.
- COF, SYF, and ISTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AXP.
The table below shows AXP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AXP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AXP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$156.10||52-week high||$199.55|
|Prev. close||$161.85||52-week low||$149.88|
|Day high||$160.85||Avg. volume||4,070,814|
|50-day MA||$177.84||Dividend yield||1.29%|
|200-day MA||$173.32||Market Cap||117.55B|
American Express Co. (AXP) Company Bio
The American Express Company (AmEx) is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company's logo, adopted in 1958, is a gladiator or centurion whose image appears on the company's well-known traveler's cheques, charge cards, and credit cards. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AXP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AXP Latest Social Stream
View Full AXP Social Stream
Latest AXP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Express Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AXP as an investment opportunity.
Phil Mickelson continues to bleed endorsements. The American Express event in La Quinta, Calif., dropped him as a host on Saturday.
Mickelson had been the host of the The American Express tournament in La Quinta, California since 2020 and is a two-time winner in the desert
With market uncertainty ratcheting up, and more speculative names under pressure, now may be the time to cycle into Warren Buffett stocks.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended January 2022 sharply off its record highs. The best Dow Jones stocks to watch in February 2022 are American Express, Apple, Chevron and Microsoft. There are clear winners — and losers — towards the end of February.
American Express and Resy are offering incredibly lucrative Amex Platinum and Gold bonuses (and a huge refer-a-friend offer) for a limited time
By referring friends to improved Resy offers on the Amex Platinum and Amex Gold cards, you could potentially earn over 100,000 bonus rewards.
AXP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|