American Express Co. (AXP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AXP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AXP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.14% of US stocks.
- AXP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- AXP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
AXP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $135,069,511,582, American Express Co has a greater market value than 98.21% of US stocks.
- American Express Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- AXP's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 85.82% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Express Co, a group of peers worth examining would be HDB, IBM, AMGN, SCHW, and TGT.
- Visit AXP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.americanexpress.com.
AXP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AXP's price/sales ratio is 241.67% higher, now standing at 4.1.
- Over the past 243 months, AXP's price/earnings ratio has gone up 8.3.
- Over the past 243 months, AXP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AXP.
AXP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AXP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$170.53||52-week high||$179.67|
|Prev. close||$171.95||52-week low||$89.11|
|Day high||$173.24||Avg. volume||3,511,360|
|50-day MA||$166.28||Dividend yield||1%|
|200-day MA||$138.31||Market Cap||135.47B|
American Express Co. (AXP) Company Bio
The American Express Company (AmEx) is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company's logo, adopted in 1958, is a gladiator or centurion whose image appears on the company's well-known traveler's cheques, charge cards, and credit cards. (Source:Wikipedia)
AXP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AXP Latest Social Stream
View Full AXP Social Stream
Latest AXP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Express Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AXP as an investment opportunity.
Amex Blue Business Cash card review: A solid small-business credit card for earning cash back with no annual fee and a rare welcome bonus
American Express Blue Business Cash Card Summary List Placement Table of Contents: Masthead Sticky Review: Is the Amex Blue Business Cash the best small-business card for you? If you''re spending money on your business anyway, you should be rewarded for those purchases. With the American Express Blue Business Cash Card , you can earn unlimited cash back on your spending with no annual fee American Express Blue Business Cash Card - Rates & Fees . You''ll earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases, on the first $50,000 spent per calendar year (then 1% back). If you take full advantage of the 2% tier and spend an average of $4,167 per month on the card, you''ll earn $1,000 in annual cash-back rewards (cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars). Read more: The best small-business...
Summary List Placement Amex added welcome bonuses for two of its small-business credit cards that previously did not offer signup perks. Blue Business Plus cardholders can earn 15,000 membership rewards points when they spend $3,000 in eligible purchases in the first three months of card membership. Blue Business Cash cardholders are eligible for $250 in statement credits when they spend $3,000 in purchases in the first three months of obtaining the card. Both cards also offer 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months after opening an account. This is on top of existing rewards offered by both cards, like QuickBooks integration, rental car insurance, and the ability to spend above the credit limit depending on factors like credit record and payment history. Updating and a...
Visa has a strong earnings track record and is making more moves in digital payments. Is the stock a buy right now?
Like many members of the TPG team, one of my favorite benefits of The Platinum Card® from American Express has long been the generally fantastic concierge service. For years, Id call or email the Platinum Concierge any time I couldnt get a New York City restaurant reservation. Many times, an agent quickly came through with
Summary List Placement The Chase Sapphire Reserve® and The Platinum Card® from American Express are popular premium cards . Both offer lucrative rewards and benefits that can be worth much more than their annual fees. The Platinum offers a bigger welcome bonus , but the Reserve earns rewards on more types of purchases. Read Insider''s guide to the best rewards credit cards. The Chase Sapphire Reserve® and The Platinum Card® from American Express are two of the best premium travel rewards cards . While each comes with a high annual fee, both cards offer more than enough perks and rewards to make up for the upfront cost , including limited-time benefits geared toward those who aren''t traveling right now. Before you apply, you''ll want to make sure that the perks match up with your lifest...
AXP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|