American Express Co. (AXP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AXP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where AXP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AXP is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- AXP ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
AXP Stock Summary
- American Express Co's market capitalization of $132,921,514,145 is ahead of 98.17% of US-listed equities.
- American Express Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 7.76 for American Express Co; that's greater than it is for 85.97% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to American Express Co, a group of peers worth examining would be DEO, CVS, HSBC, TMUS, and CHTR.
- Visit AXP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.americanexpress.com.
AXP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, AXP's price/sales ratio is 3.12% higher, now standing at 3.3.
- AXP's price/earnings ratio has moved down 5.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, AXP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AXP.
AXP Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -15.8%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -80.16%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 32.47%.
The table below shows AXP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AXP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AXP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.58% of graded US stocks.
- AXP's asset turnover comes in at 0.218 -- ranking 33rd of 431 Banking stocks.
- COF, SYF, and ISTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AXP.
The table below shows AXP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AXP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AXP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$157.86||52-week high||$189.03|
|Prev. close||$156.82||52-week low||$112.10|
|Day high||$161.41||Avg. volume||3,530,624|
|50-day MA||$174.42||Dividend yield||1.1%|
|200-day MA||$161.29||Market Cap||122.27B|
American Express Co. (AXP) Company Bio
The American Express Company (AmEx) is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company's logo, adopted in 1958, is a gladiator or centurion whose image appears on the company's well-known traveler's cheques, charge cards, and credit cards. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
AXP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AXP Latest Social Stream
View Full AXP Social Stream
Latest AXP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about American Express Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AXP as an investment opportunity.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average ended October at record highs, as the current stock market rally strengthens. The best Dow Jones stocks to buy and watch in November 2021 are American Express, Apple, Goldman Sachs, Merck and Microsoft.
Dow Jones Rallies As Home Depot, Walmart Report; Lucid, Rivian Surge; Elon Musk Sells More Tesla Stock
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied 75 points Tuesday, as Home Depot and Walmart reported earnings. CEO Elon Musk sold more Tesla shares.
Accelerating the supply and use of sustainable aviation fuels (SAFs) is crucial to reaching net zero emissions in the travel industry. As we work to advance innovative climate solutions and help bu...
American Express Company Announces Extension of Early Participation Date and Preliminary Results of the Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation for Certain American Express Credit Corporation Notes
NEW YORK, November 16, 2021--American Express Company (NYSE: AXP) ("American Express") today announced that, as of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on November 15, 2021 (the "Early Participation Date"), the aggregate principal amount listed in the table below of the 3.300% Senior Notes due May 3, 2027 (the "Credco Notes") issued by American Express Credit Corporation ("Credco"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Express, has been validly tendered and not validly withdrawn in connection with Am
Dow Jones futures were up early Tuesday, as President Biden met with with Chinese President Xi, while CEO Elon Musk sold more Tesla stock.
AXP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|