Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI): Price and Financial Metrics
AYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$170.31||52-week high||$202.90|
|Prev. close||$170.12||52-week low||$149.30|
|Day high||$174.52||Avg. volume||321,715|
|50-day MA||$162.86||Dividend yield||0.31%|
|200-day MA||$169.14||Market Cap||5.31B|
AYI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AYI POWR Grades
- AYI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.21% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AYI is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- AYI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 10.42% of US stocks).
AYI Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 354.92, ACUITY BRANDS INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 91.98% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of ACUITY BRANDS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AYI comes in at 9.01% -- higher than that of 80.82% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ACUITY BRANDS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MYRG, DCI, MYE, JBSS, and WTS.
- AYI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ACUITY BRANDS INC's official web site, go to www.acuitybrands.com.
AYI Valuation Summary
- AYI's price/earnings ratio is 13.7; this is 26.34% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- AYI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AYI.
AYI Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.19%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 3.1%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -10.96%.
The table below shows AYI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AYI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AYI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.26% of graded US stocks.
- AYI's asset turnover comes in at 0.997 -- ranking 10th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, RRX, and BYRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AYI.
The table below shows AYI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) Company Bio
Acuity Brands designs, produces, and distributes lighting solutions, components, and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North America and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is founded in Atlanta, Georgia.
AYI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AYI Latest Social Stream
View Full AYI Social Stream
Latest AYI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACUITY BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AYI as an investment opportunity.
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
Atlanta, Sept. 28, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI; "Company") today declared a quarterly dividend of 13 cents per share. The dividend is payable on November 1, 2023, to shareholders of record on October 18, 2023. About Acuity Brands Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces, light, and more things to come. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Light
Acuity Brands (AYI) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
While Acuity Brands, Inc. ( NYSE:AYI ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it maintained its...
AYI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|