Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI): Price and Financial Metrics
AYI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Acuity Brands Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Acuity Brands Inc comes in at -5.18%, a number that bests only 22.59% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Acuity Brands Inc's share price is greater than that of only 14.02% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Acuity Brands Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MSM, HRB, JWN, THG, and LB.
- AYI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Acuity Brands Inc's official web site, go to www.acuitybrands.com.
AYI Stock Price Chart More Charts
AYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$116.65||52-week high||$147.44|
|Prev. close||$116.90||52-week low||$105.95|
|Day high||$117.09||Avg. volume||483,245|
|50-day MA||$127.74||Dividend yield||0.44%|
|200-day MA||$129.70||Market Cap||4.62B|
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) Company Bio
Acuity Brands designs, produces, and distributes lighting solutions, components, and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North America and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is founded in Atlanta, Georgia.
AYI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Acuity Brands Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Acuity Brands Inc ranked in the 68st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 72.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Acuity Brands Inc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 92. Its equity weight surpasses that of 80.98% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 8% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than merely 23.36% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- AYI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 46.28% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|