Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AYI POWR Grades
- AYI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.47% of US stocks.
- AYI's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- AYI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
AYI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of ACUITY BRANDS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of ACUITY BRANDS INC's share price is greater than that of merely 10.43% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- ACUITY BRANDS INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 8.17%, greater than the shareholder yield of 81.83% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ACUITY BRANDS INC are CNXC, DCI, WTS, FELE, and RHI.
- Visit AYI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acuitybrands.com.
AYI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AYI's price/earnings ratio is 20% lower, now standing at 16.
- Over the past 243 months, AYI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AYI.
AYI Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 26.21%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -1.7%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 15.19%.
The table below shows AYI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AYI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AYI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.26% of graded US stocks.
- AYI's asset turnover comes in at 0.997 -- ranking 10th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, RRX, and BYRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AYI.
The table below shows AYI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AYI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$190.78||52-week high||$220.97|
|Prev. close||$190.64||52-week low||$142.71|
|Day high||$192.38||Avg. volume||286,025|
|50-day MA||$174.12||Dividend yield||0.27%|
|200-day MA||$174.08||Market Cap||6.14B|
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) Company Bio
Acuity Brands designs, produces, and distributes lighting solutions, components, and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North America and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is founded in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
AYI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AYI Latest Social Stream
View Full AYI Social Stream
Latest AYI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACUITY BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AYI as an investment opportunity.
Acuity Brands Announces Upcoming Retirement of Dominic J. Pileggi and Ray M. Robinson from the Board of Directors
Atlanta, Nov. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) (the “Company”) announced today the retirement of Dominic J. Pileggi and Ray M. Robinson from the Board at the end of their current terms, effective January 25, 2023. As a result, Mr. Pileggi and Mr. Robinson will not stand for reelection at the Company’s upcoming 2023 Annual Meeting. “On behalf of the Board, I want to thank Dominic and Ray for their outstanding leadership, distingu
Why investing for the long run, especially if you buy certain popular stocks, could reap huge rewards.
Acuity Brands, Inc. ( NYSE:AYI ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a double-digit share price rise of over...
Wedgewood Partners, an investment management company, released its “Focused SMID Cap Strategy” third quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the third quarter, the fund returned -5.3% compared to a return of -2.8% for the Russell 2500 Index. Since inception, the fund returned 8.2% compared to 5.4% for its […]
Acuity Brands (AYI) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
AYI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|