Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AYI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AYI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AYI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 201 days.
- AYI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 26.3% of US stocks).
AYI Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $6,681,912,299, Acuity Brands Inc has a greater market value than 76.45% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Acuity Brands Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 20.51%, Acuity Brands Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 75.22% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Acuity Brands Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SKX, COLM, MSM, NYT, and ITT.
- AYI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Acuity Brands Inc's official web site, go to www.acuitybrands.com.
AYI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$180.86||52-week high||$194.59|
|Prev. close||$187.14||52-week low||$70.55|
|Day high||$187.36||Avg. volume||488,334|
|50-day MA||$161.21||Dividend yield||0.28%|
|200-day MA||$123.32||Market Cap||6.46B|
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) Company Bio
Acuity Brands designs, produces, and distributes lighting solutions, components, and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North America and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is founded in Atlanta, Georgia.
AYI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AYI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Acuity Brands Inc ranked in the 51th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Acuity Brands Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 17.23; that's higher than 81.53% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 8% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 24.84% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- AYI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 38.12% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AYI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AYI Latest Social Stream
View Full AYI Social Stream
Latest AYI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Acuity Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AYI as an investment opportunity.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? One common approach...
A strong second-quarter earnings report, as well as enthusiasm from Wall Street, lit up investors' excitement last month.
Acuity Brands (AYI) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Acuity Brands (AYI) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
David Iben put it well when he said, 'Volatility is not a risk we care about. What we care about is avoiding the...
AYI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|