Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI): Price and Financial Metrics
AYI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Acuity Brands Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.66% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 36.39%, Acuity Brands Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 79.43% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AYI is more volatile than only 24.44% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Acuity Brands Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be WTS, DORM, SAFT, CVCO, and JBSS.
- Visit AYI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acuitybrands.com.
AYI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.20||52-week high||$135.59|
|Prev. close||$123.69||52-week low||$67.46|
|Day high||$125.50||Avg. volume||463,459|
|50-day MA||$120.86||Dividend yield||0.42%|
|200-day MA||$105.92||Market Cap||4.47B|
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) Company Bio
Acuity Brands designs, produces, and distributes lighting solutions, components, and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North America and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is founded in Atlanta, Georgia.
AYI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for AYI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Acuity Brands Inc ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for AYI, they are:
- AYI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 32.09% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Acuity Brands Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 17.58. This coverage rate is greater than that of 83.83% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Acuity Brands Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 73.38% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AYI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AYI Latest Social Stream
View Full AYI Social Stream
Latest AYI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Acuity Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AYI as an investment opportunity.
Outlook on the Light Control Switches Global Market to 2026 - North America to Witness Significant Growth - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Light Control Switches Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The light control switches market is expected to witness a growth at a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period (2021-2026). Companies Mentioned Signify BV Legrand SA Leviton Manufacturing Company Inc. Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. Eaton Corporation PLC Osram GmbH Hubbell Inc. Acuity Brands Inc. Honeywell Internationa
Acuity Brands, Inc.'s (NYSE:AYI) Has Had A Decent Run On The Stock market: Are Fundamentals In The Driver's Seat?
Acuity Brands' (NYSE:AYI) stock up by 8.7% over the past three months. We wonder if and what role the company's...
Acuity Brands (AYI) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Smart Workplace Market 2020-2024- Acuity Brands Inc., Daikin Industries Ltd., General Electric, Among Others to Contribute to the Market Growth|Industry Analysis, Market Trends, Market Growth, Opportunities and Forecast 2024|Technavio
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- #GlobalSmartWorkplaceMarket--The Smart Workplace Market will grow by USD 98.37 bn during 2020-2024
While Acuity Brands, Inc. ( NYSE:AYI ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it received a lot of...
AYI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AYIWant to see what other sources are saying about Acuity Brands Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!