Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AYI POWR Grades
- AYI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.42% of US stocks.
- AYI's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- AYI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
AYI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of ACUITY BRANDS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.56% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AYI is more volatile than just 13.47% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for AYI comes in at 10.12% -- higher than that of 82.98% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AYI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNXC, WTS, DCI, PSN, and FELE.
- Visit AYI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.acuitybrands.com.
AYI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AYI's EV/EBIT ratio is 21.79% lower, now standing at 12.2.
- Over the past 243 months, AYI's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AYI.
AYI Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.19%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 3.1%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -10.96%.
The table below shows AYI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AYI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AYI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.26% of graded US stocks.
- AYI's asset turnover comes in at 0.997 -- ranking 10th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, RRX, and BYRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AYI.
The table below shows AYI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AYI Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of AYI, see our AYI price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$192.00||Average Broker Recommendation||1.59 (Moderate Buy)|
AYI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$177.32||52-week high||$202.90|
|Prev. close||$174.23||52-week low||$142.71|
|Day high||$178.08||Avg. volume||284,567|
|50-day MA||$187.19||Dividend yield||0.3%|
|200-day MA||$175.68||Market Cap||5.68B|
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) Company Bio
Acuity Brands designs, produces, and distributes lighting solutions, components, and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North America and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is founded in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
AYI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AYI Latest Social Stream
View Full AYI Social Stream
Latest AYI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ACUITY BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AYI as an investment opportunity.
Acuity Brands (AYI) Benefits From Product Vitality Amid High Costs
Acuity Brands (AYI) banks on product vitality and high contributions from its lighting and spaces businesses. However, increased costs hurt.
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE:AYI) Shares Could Be 22% Below Their Intrinsic Value Estimate
Key Insights Acuity Brands' estimated fair value is US$233 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Acuity Brands...
Why Acuity Brands (AYI) is a Top Value Stock for the Long-Term
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
Acuity Brands to Announce Fiscal 2023 Second-Quarter Results on April 4, 2023
ATLANTA, March 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) (“Company”) today announced that the Company is planning to release its fiscal 2023 second-quarter earnings results on Tuesday, April 4, 2023, at 6:00 a.m. (EST), followed by a conference call at 8:00 a.m. (EST). Neil Ashe, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Acuity Brands will lead the call. The webcast, earnings release, and supplemental presentation can be accessed via the Investor Relations section of
Investors Met With Slowing Returns on Capital At Acuity Brands (NYSE:AYI)
Finding a business that has the potential to grow substantially is not easy, but it is possible if we look at a few key...
AYI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AYIWant to see what other sources are saying about Acuity Brands Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Acuity Brands Inc (AYI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Acuity Brands Inc (AYI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Acuity Brands Inc (AYI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...