Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AYI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AYI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AYI is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- AYI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 47.43% of US stocks).
AYI Stock Summary
- AYI's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 542.37 -- higher than 94.22% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Acuity Brands Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 84.38% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 20.76%, Acuity Brands Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 78.12% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Acuity Brands Inc are SAM, SKX, CVCO, FELE, and PSN.
- AYI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Acuity Brands Inc's official web site, go to www.acuitybrands.com.
AYI Valuation Summary
- AYI's price/sales ratio is 2; this is 17.65% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 240 months, AYI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.
- AYI's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 240 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AYI.
AYI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 15.55%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 115.01%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -49.71%.
The table below shows AYI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AYI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AYI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.81% of graded US stocks.
- AYI's asset turnover comes in at 0.974 -- ranking 10th of 52 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- AME, NOVT, and RBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AYI.
The table below shows AYI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AYI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AYI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$169.74||52-week high||$194.59|
|Prev. close||$172.55||52-week low||$87.90|
|Day high||$171.40||Avg. volume||418,484|
|50-day MA||$175.50||Dividend yield||0.31%|
|200-day MA||$156.68||Market Cap||6.06B|
Acuity Brands, Inc. (AYI) Company Bio
Acuity Brands designs, produces, and distributes lighting solutions, components, and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North America and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is founded in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
AYI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AYI Latest Social Stream
View Full AYI Social Stream
Latest AYI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Acuity Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AYI as an investment opportunity.
Acuity Brands found using ticker (AYI) now have 8 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 220 and 163 with a mean TP of 191.88. With the stocks previous close at 179.83 this indicates there is a potential upside of 6.7%. There is a 50 day moving average of 177.42 and the 200 day moving average is 169.44. The company has a market capitalisation of $6,328m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="AYI" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Acuity Brands provides lighting and building management solutions and services for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure, and residential applications in North...
United States: No Mixed Signals: Delaware Court Finds Data Transmission Patent Invalid Under Section 101 - Holland & Knight
In Zyrcuits IP LLC v. Acuity Brands, Inc., No. CV 20-1306-CFC, 2021 WL 3287801, at *1 (D. Del. Aug. 2, 2021), Zyrcuits IP sued a number of defendants in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
In Zyrcuits IP LLC v. Acuity Brands, Inc., No. CV 20-1306-CFC, 2021 WL 3287801, at *1 (D. Del. Aug. 2, 2021), Zyrcuits IP sued a number of defendants in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, alleging infringement of U.S. Patent No. 6,671,307. The patent, titled "Spread-Spectrum High Data Rate System and Method," describes applying signal codes to blocks of interleaved data for spread-spectrum transmission. Zyrcuits asserted claim 4 which recites:... By: Holland & Knight LLP
Intelligent Lighting Controls Market Size, Share | Industry Growth by 2027 | Acuity Brands, Cisco, Cree,
As per the report published by Allied Market Research Titled Intelligent Lighting Controls Market by Type (Sensors, Ballasts & LED Drivers, Microcontrollers, Dimmers & Switch Actuators, Transmitters & Receivers, and 
Ushio America, Inc.: Acuity Brands Filtered Far-UVC Module With Ushio Care222 Technology is the First to Be UL Certified
Certification paves the way for incorporating Ushio''s Care222 technology in wide range of Acuity Brands products that will treat pathogens in occupied spacesCYPRESS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / August 11, 20
AYI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|