Becton Dickinson & Co. (BDX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BDX POWR Grades
- BDX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.16% of US stocks.
- BDX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BDX's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 42.17% of US stocks).
BDX Stock Summary
- BDX has a market capitalization of $70,410,383,287 -- more than approximately 96.94% of US stocks.
- BECTON DICKINSON & CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BDX is more volatile than just 3.96% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BECTON DICKINSON & CO, a group of peers worth examining would be ZTS, A, ABB, ETN, and BSX.
- Visit BDX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bd.com.
BDX Valuation Summary
- BDX's price/sales ratio is 3.8; this is 25.49% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, BDX's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BDX.
BDX Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 41.33%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -29.76%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -13%.
The table below shows BDX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BDX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BDX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.62% of graded US stocks.
- BDX's asset turnover comes in at 0.365 -- ranking 118th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- MYO, BTCY, and NURO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BDX.
The table below shows BDX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BDX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BDX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$245.84||52-week high||$280.62|
|Prev. close||$248.47||52-week low||$215.90|
|Day high||$250.37||Avg. volume||1,236,935|
|50-day MA||$250.60||Dividend yield||1.48%|
|200-day MA||$245.73||Market Cap||69.88B|
Becton Dickinson & Co. (BDX) Company Bio
Becton, Dickinson and Company provides solutions which are focused on improving medication management and patient safety, supporting infection prevention practices, equipping surgical and interventional procedures, improving drug delivery, aiding anesthesiology and respiratory care, advancing cellular research and applications, enhancing the diagnosis of infectious diseases and cancers, and supporting the management of diabetes. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
BDX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BDX Latest Social Stream
View Full BDX Social Stream
Latest BDX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BECTON DICKINSON & CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BDX as an investment opportunity.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is a leading player in the medical technology and life sciences industries. Click here for our review of BDX stock and its prospects.
BD Introduces High-Throughput Single-Cell Multiomics Platform to Expand Scope of Scientific Discovery
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX), a leading global medical technology company, today announced a new instrument for single-cell multiomics analysis that will enable scientists to run high-throughput studies without sacrificing sample integrity – potentially accelerating time to discovery across a wide range of disciplines including immunology, genetic disease research, and cancer and chronic disease research.
Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:NYSE:BDX) Q1 2023 Earnings Conference Call February 2, 2023 8:00 AM ETCompany ParticipantsFrancesca DeMartino – Senior Vice President and Head-Investor…
The following slide deck was published by Becton, Dickinson and Company in conjunction with their 2023 Q1 earnings call.
BDX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|