Becton Dickinson & Co. (BDX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BDX POWR Grades
- BDX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.96% of US stocks.
- BDX's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- BDX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 40.99% of US stocks).
BDX Stock Summary
- Becton Dickinson & Co's market capitalization of $72,894,611,488 is ahead of 96.37% of US-listed equities.
- Becton Dickinson & Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.65% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, BDX is more volatile than only 0.4% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BDX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BSX, ABB, A, IDXX, and ZTS.
- Visit BDX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bd.com.
BDX Valuation Summary
- BDX's price/sales ratio is 3.6; this is 68.28% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- BDX's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
- BDX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 15.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BDX.
BDX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 39.25%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -54.78%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 71.28%.
The table below shows BDX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BDX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BDX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.23% of graded US stocks.
- BDX's asset turnover comes in at 0.365 -- ranking 119th of 183 Medical Equipment stocks.
- MYO, BTCY, and DXCM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BDX.
The table below shows BDX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BDX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BDX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$253.18||52-week high||$267.37|
|Prev. close||$253.82||52-week low||$219.50|
|Day high||$254.61||Avg. volume||1,363,090|
|50-day MA||$252.06||Dividend yield||1.31%|
|200-day MA||$248.91||Market Cap||72.71B|
Becton Dickinson & Co. (BDX) Company Bio
Becton, Dickinson and Company provides solutions which are focused on improving medication management and patient safety, supporting infection prevention practices, equipping surgical and interventional procedures, improving drug delivery, aiding anesthesiology and respiratory care, advancing cellular research and applications, enhancing the diagnosis of infectious diseases and cancers, and supporting the management of diabetes. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
BDX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BDX Latest Social Stream
View Full BDX Social Stream
Latest BDX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Becton Dickinson & Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BDX as an investment opportunity.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX), a leading global medical technology company, with support from a number of partners including Global Citizen, is proud to announce the company has officially signed on to the Race to Zero via the most ambitious Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), the Business Ambition for 1.5⁰C, and this milestone will be celebrated on September 25, 2021 at Global Citizen LIVE.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX), a leading global medical technology company, today announced it has been selected by the state of Washington as a digitally read, rapid antigen test option for COVID-19 testing and screening in K-12 schools across the state.
Becton, Dickinson and Company with ticker code (BDX) have now 15 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 285 and 250 calculating the average target price we see 267.8. With the stocks previous close at 262.67 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 2.0%. The 50 day MA is 251.85 and the 200 moving average now moves to 247.27. The company has a market cap of $75,229m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="BDX" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Becton, Dickinson and Company develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products worldwide. The compa...
If the idea that you might see a significant fraction of your portfolio's value vanish due to falling share prices is the sort of thing that can keep you up at night, you're not alone. For some people, the key to peaceful sleep is as simple as keeping a highly diversified portfolio, which minimizes the risk that any single declining stock or sector can pose to your overall holdings. Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) is a low-risk investment because it makes so many medications that millions of people worldwide need.
T2 Biosystems has announced a breakthrough in Covid-19 variant testing.
BDX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|