Canopy Growth Corporation (CGC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CGC POWR Grades
- CGC scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 21.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CGC is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CGC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
CGC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of CANOPY GROWTH CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 6.89% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that CGC's revenue has grown -15% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 10.27% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of CANOPY GROWTH CORP's share price is greater than that of 90.58% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CANOPY GROWTH CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be GRWG, UPH, ARLP, RFP, and DLPN.
- CGC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CANOPY GROWTH CORP's official web site, go to www.canopygrowth.com.
CGC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CGC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.75||52-week high||$15.96|
|Prev. close||$3.07||52-week low||$2.13|
|Day high||$3.83||Avg. volume||8,835,985|
|50-day MA||$3.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.39||Market Cap||1.80B|
Canopy Growth Corporation (CGC) Company Bio
Canopy Growth Corporation is a diversified cannabis and cannabinoid-based consumer product company, offering customers a variety of options in dried flower oil, softgel capsule, infused beverage, edible, and topic formats. Spectrum Therapeutics is the company’s global medical brand, offering a full range of products. Canopy Growth markets products in the United States, Canada, Japan, and throughout Europe and has established relationships with companies such as BioSteel Sports Nutrition and Constellation Brands. The company is headquartered in Smith Falls, Canada and has a workforce of approximately 3,000 employees. Canopy Growth was founded in 2013 and David Klein has served as the company’s Chief Executive Officer since 2020.
Most Popular Stories View All
CGC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CGC Latest Social Stream
View Full CGC Social Stream
Latest CGC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CANOPY GROWTH CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CGC as an investment opportunity.
The S&P 500’s forward price-to-earnings ratio has fallen to just 15.4, according to John Butters, earnings analyst at FactSet. The steady and safe Consumer Staples sector is now the second-highest priced area using the forward operating P/E metric. It has been a place of relative calm for most of 2022.
One large-cap beverage company no doubt has seen solid demand for its adult drinks during this stressful year. Constellation Brands reports earnings Thursday morning. Let’s dig into the value proposition, options, and charts to see what the play is.
Staples Second Highest Sector Forward P/E
If Canopy Growth shares (NASDAQ:CGC) (TSE:WEED) seem a bit unsettled right now, it's largely connected to the company's plans to abandon the Canadian brick-and-mortar retail market. Canopy Growth is selling its Tweed and Tokyo Smoke stores—along with all the intellectual property around Tokyo Smoke— to OEG Retail Cannabis. Meanwhile, a set of five stores in Alberta will go to 420 Investments Ltd. OEG Retail Cannabis, previously, was a licensee that operated all of the Tokyo Smoke stores in Ontario. Thus, this move will likely be a natural fit for OEG. The last 12 months for Canopy Growth shares largely show a race to the bottom.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth" or the "Company") (TSX: WEED) (NASDAQ: CGC) announced today that the Company has entered into agreements to divest its retail business across Canada which includes the stores operating under the Tweed and Tokyo Smoke retail banners. The announcement reinforces the Company's focus on advancing its path to profitability as a premium brand-focused cannabis and consumer packaged goods (CPG) company.
These seven marijuana stocks to sell have poor fundamentals and are moving lower as the market is struggling to find a direction.
Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX: WEED) (NASDAQ: CGC) ("Canopy Growth" or the "Company") today announced the voting results from its annual general and special meeting of shareholders held on September 15, 2022 (the "Meeting").
CGC Price Returns