Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CLR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CLR is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CLR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 29.04% of US stocks).
CLR Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Continental Resources Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.57% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that CLR's revenue has grown -33.43% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 11.69% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of Continental Resources Inc's share price is greater than that of 86.96% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Continental Resources Inc are AA, CVE, CCMP, RL, and WRK.
- Visit CLR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.clr.com.
CLR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, CLR's price/earnings ratio is 609.42% lower, now standing at -83.8.
- Over the past 173 months, CLR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
- Over the past 173 months, CLR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 237.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLR.
CLR Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 37.88%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -60.6%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -78.76%.
The table below shows CLR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.80||52-week high||$40.41|
|Prev. close||$34.73||52-week low||$11.09|
|Day high||$35.50||Avg. volume||2,190,671|
|50-day MA||$35.31||Dividend yield||1.27%|
|200-day MA||$24.80||Market Cap||12.79B|
Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR) Company Bio
Continental Resources explores, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas properties in the north, south, and east regions of the United States. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
CLR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Continental Resources Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Continental Resources Inc ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 46.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Continental Resources Inc ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 74.19% of its sector Energy.
- Continental Resources Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Continental Resources Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.28. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 24.57% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CLR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLR Latest Social Stream
View Full CLR Social Stream
Latest CLR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Continental Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLR as an investment opportunity.
Continental Resources (CLR) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Continental Resources (CLR) has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
U.S. shale oil stocks are no strangers to reinventing themselves, but their next act may have to be the boldest yet as climate change forces tough choices.
Is (CLR) Outperforming Other Oils-Energy Stocks This Year?
No summary available.
CLR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CLRWant to see what other sources are saying about Continental Resources Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Continental Resources Inc (CLR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Continental Resources Inc (CLR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Continental Resources Inc (CLR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch