CenterPoint Energy Inc. (CNP): Price and Financial Metrics
CNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.73||52-week high||$31.48|
|Prev. close||$28.78||52-week low||$25.42|
|Day high||$29.14||Avg. volume||4,079,940|
|50-day MA||$27.45||Dividend yield||2.77%|
|200-day MA||$28.69||Market Cap||18.14B|
CNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNP POWR Grades
- CNP scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 55.24% of US stocks.
- CNP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CNP's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 19.69% of US stocks).
CNP Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CNP, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.95% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's share price is greater than that of only 2.76% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMS, ETR, AEE, ES, and DTE.
- Visit CNP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.centerpointenergy.com.
CNP Valuation Summary
- CNP's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 9.52% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CNP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 13.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNP.
CNP Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 411.36%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at -21.86%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 32.11%.
The table below shows CNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.27% of graded US stocks.
- CNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.23 -- ranking 43rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, LNT, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNP.
The table below shows CNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CenterPoint Energy Inc. (CNP) Company Bio
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. is an American Fortune 500 electric and natural gas utility serving several markets in the American states of Indiana, Ohio, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, and Texas. It was formerly known as Reliant Energy (from which it is now separated), NorAm Energy, Houston Industries, and HL&P. The company is headquartered in the CenterPoint Energy Tower at 1111 Louisiana Street in Downtown Houston. (Source:Wikipedia)
CNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNP Latest Social Stream
View Full CNP Social Stream
Latest CNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNP as an investment opportunity.
Those following along with CenterPoint Energy, Inc. ( NYSE:CNP ) will no doubt be intrigued by the recent purchase of...
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights CenterPoint Energy, NiSource, Consolidated Edison, PepsiCo and The Procter & Gamble
CenterPoint Energy, NiSource, Consolidated Edison, PepsiCo and The Procter & Gamble are part of the Zacks top Analyst Blog.
Consumer sentiment is declining and markets are volatile. Hence, investing in defensive stocks like CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (CNP), NiSource Inc. (NI), Consolidated Edison, Inc. (ED) PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP), and The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) will be a wise idea.
CenterPoint Energy Inc (NYSE:CNP) recently announced a dividend of $0.2 per share, payable on 2023-12-14, with the ex-dividend date set for 2023-11-15. As investors look forward to this upcoming payment, the spotlight also shines on the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's look into CenterPoint Energy Inc's dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
CNP vs. SO: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
CNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|