CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CNP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNP is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CNP's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 25.02% of US stocks).
CNP Stock Summary
- CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CNP, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.42% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMS, LNT, OKE, DTE, and AEE.
- CNP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.centerpointenergy.com.
CNP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, CNP's EV/EBIT ratio is 36.63% lower, now standing at 14.1.
- Over the past 243 months, CNP's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNP.
CNP Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.87%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -14.38%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 12.78%.
The table below shows CNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.27% of graded US stocks.
- CNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.23 -- ranking 43rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, LNT, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNP.
The table below shows CNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.11||52-week high||$33.50|
|Prev. close||$28.18||52-week low||$24.81|
|Day high||$29.24||Avg. volume||4,553,090|
|50-day MA||$31.67||Dividend yield||2.56%|
|200-day MA||$29.89||Market Cap||18.32B|
CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP) Company Bio
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. operates as a public utility holding company in the United States. The companys Electric Transmission & Distribution segment offers electric transmission and distribution services to retail electric providers, municipalities, electric cooperatives, and other distribution companies. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNP Latest Social Stream
View Full CNP Social Stream
Latest CNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNP as an investment opportunity.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.'s (NYSE: CNP) board of directors today declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.1800 per share on the issued and outstanding shares of Common Stock payable on December 8, 2022 to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 17, 2022.
Improvements will Enhance Energy and Water Resiliency across the InstallationFORT BLISS, Texas, Sept. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Substantial energy and water resiliency improvements will soon be underway at Fort Bliss as part of a $58.3 million Utility Energy Services Contract (UESC) project awarded by the U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville in June 2022. The project, a comprehensive resilient power solution expected to decrease energy and water consumption, and provide improv
At present, AVANGRID (AGR) appears to be a better utility when compared with CenterPoint Energy (CNP).
Here is how CenterPoint Energy (CNP) and New Jersey Resources (NJR) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
E ratio of 13.08.
CNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|