CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNP POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CNP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 61.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNP is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CNP's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 12.97% of US stocks).
CNP Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Centerpoint Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CNP, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.4% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Centerpoint Energy Inc is reporting a growth rate of -665.75%; that's higher than just 2.66% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Centerpoint Energy Inc are PINE, GTLS, MRMD, TIPT, and TRGP.
- CNP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Centerpoint Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.centerpointenergy.com.
CNP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, CNP's price/sales ratio is 5% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- Over the past 243 months, CNP's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
- CNP's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNP.
CNP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 10.69%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -19.41%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 27.93%.
The table below shows CNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.31||52-week high||$26.18|
|Prev. close||$25.18||52-week low||$18.40|
|Day high||$25.41||Avg. volume||5,306,787|
|50-day MA||$25.11||Dividend yield||2.54%|
|200-day MA||$22.96||Market Cap||14.69B|
CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP) Company Bio
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. operates as a public utility holding company in the United States. The companys Electric Transmission & Distribution segment offers electric transmission and distribution services to retail electric providers, municipalities, electric cooperatives, and other distribution companies. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Houston, Texas.
CNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNP Latest Social Stream
View Full CNP Social Stream
Latest CNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Centerpoint Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNP as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, July 22, 2021--CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNP) ("CenterPoint" or the "Company") today announced the unanimous decision of the CenterPoint Board’s Independent Directors to implement a new independent board leadership and governance structure. The Board named Martin Nesbitt, chair of the Nominating and Governance Committee, as its new independent board chairman, effective immediately.
CenterPoint Energy declares regular Common Stock dividend of $0.1600, Series A Preferred Stock dividend of $30.6250 and Series B Preferred Stock dividend of $17.5000
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.'s (NYSE: CNP) board of directors today declared dividends on shares of its Common Stock, Series A Perpetual Preferred Stock and Series B Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock.
While sentiment in the market couldn’t be more bullish, this is exactly why investors may want to consider contrarian stocks to buy.
CenterPoint Energy has notified Woodland Park Apartments in Evansvill that it will shut off service soon if bills are not paid.
Our extensive research has shown that imitating the smart money can generate significant returns for retail investors, which is why we track nearly 900 active prominent money managers and analyze their quarterly 13F filings. The stocks that are heavily bought by hedge funds historically outperformed the market, though there is no shortage of high profile […]
CNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|