CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNP POWR Grades
- CNP scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 61.33% of US stocks.
- CNP's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- CNP's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 11.94% of US stocks).
CNP Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Centerpoint Energy Inc is higher than 99.84% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Centerpoint Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Centerpoint Energy Inc is reporting a growth rate of -393.16%; that's higher than just 5.13% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LNT, CMS, ETR, DTE, and WEC.
- CNP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Centerpoint Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.centerpointenergy.com.
CNP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, CNP's price/sales ratio is 34.48% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- CNP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 5.2 over the prior 243 months.
- CNP's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNP.
CNP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 10.69%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -28.7%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 48.08%.
The table below shows CNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.27% of graded US stocks.
- CNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.23 -- ranking 43rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, LNT, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNP.
The table below shows CNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.23||52-week high||$27.19|
|Prev. close||$26.77||52-week low||$19.31|
|Day high||$26.45||Avg. volume||5,160,678|
|50-day MA||$26.02||Dividend yield||2.59%|
|200-day MA||$24.70||Market Cap||16.50B|
CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP) Company Bio
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. operates as a public utility holding company in the United States. The companys Electric Transmission & Distribution segment offers electric transmission and distribution services to retail electric providers, municipalities, electric cooperatives, and other distribution companies. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNP Latest Social Stream
View Full CNP Social Stream
Latest CNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Centerpoint Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNP as an investment opportunity.
Shares of CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) have been given an average recommendation of Buy by the twelve research firms that are presently covering the firm, Marketbeat.com reports. Three investment analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and eight have issued a buy rating on the company. The average twelve-month price target among analysts 
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, September 30th, RTT News reports. Investors of record on Thursday, November 18th will be paid a dividend of 0.17 per share by the utilities provider on Thursday, December 9th. This represents a $0.68 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.52%. The ex-dividend date of this 
LafargeHolcim in the US, Geocycle Achieve Major Circular-Economy Milestone with CenterPoint Energy to Recycle 6 Million Tons of Power-Plant Coal Ash from Landfill
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LafargeHolcim in the US and Geocycle achieve a circular-economy milestone with CenterPoint Energy to recycle 6 million tons of power-plant coal ash.
Equities analysts forecast that CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) will announce earnings per share of $0.32 for the current fiscal quarter, according to Zacks. Two analysts have provided estimates for CenterPoint Energys earnings. The highest EPS estimate is $0.34 and the lowest is $0.29. CenterPoint Energy posted earnings per share of $0.29 in the same quarter 
Shares of CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) have been given an average rating of Buy by the twelve research firms that are currently covering the stock, Marketbeat reports. Three research analysts have rated the stock with a hold recommendation and eight have issued a buy recommendation on the company. The average 12-month price target among analysts 
CNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|