CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNP POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CNP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- CNP's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CNP's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 14.12% of US stocks).
CNP Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CNP is currently 880.51, higher than 99.34% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Centerpoint Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Centerpoint Energy Inc is reporting a growth rate of -510.23%; that's higher than merely 3.97% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMS, DTE, LNT, ETR, and AES.
- CNP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Centerpoint Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.centerpointenergy.com.
CNP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, CNP's price/sales ratio is 34.48% lower, now standing at 1.9.
- CNP's price/earnings ratio has moved up 5.2 over the prior 243 months.
- CNP's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNP.
CNP Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 58.07%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -117.15%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9%.
The table below shows CNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.27% of graded US stocks.
- CNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.23 -- ranking 43rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, LNT, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNP.
The table below shows CNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.31||52-week high||$33.00|
|Prev. close||$30.84||52-week low||$24.23|
|Day high||$31.38||Avg. volume||5,122,792|
|50-day MA||$30.93||Dividend yield||2.2%|
|200-day MA||$27.81||Market Cap||19.71B|
CenterPoint Energy, Inc (Holding Co) (CNP) Company Bio
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. operates as a public utility holding company in the United States. The companys Electric Transmission & Distribution segment offers electric transmission and distribution services to retail electric providers, municipalities, electric cooperatives, and other distribution companies. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNP Latest Social Stream
View Full CNP Social Stream
Latest CNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Centerpoint Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNP as an investment opportunity.
Sempra Energy's (SRE) Q4 adjusted earnings of $2.16 per share beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 6.9%. The top line improves 21.2% year over year.
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP) insiders placed bullish bets worth US$2.6m in the last 12 months
Multiple insiders secured a larger position in CenterPoint Energy, Inc. ( NYSE:CNP ) shares over the last 12 months...
Public Service Enterprise's (PEG) fourth-quarter 2021 adjusted earnings beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 1.5%. Revenues improve 27.2% on a year-over-year basis.
Entergy's (ETR) Q4 adjusted earnings of 76 cents per share, which surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 8.6% and also improve 7% year over year.
Companies in The News Are: MDT,CNP,WLK,CVI
CNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|