CenterPoint Energy Inc. (CNP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNP POWR Grades
- CNP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.7% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNP is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CNP ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
CNP Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.51% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC is higher than it is for about 93.97% of US stocks.
- The volatility of CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's share price is greater than that of just 6.49% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMS, LNT, DTE, WEC, and AEE.
- Visit CNP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.centerpointenergy.com.
CNP Valuation Summary
- CNP's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 19.23% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CNP's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNP.
CNP Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 25.27%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 25.79%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -13.39%.
The table below shows CNP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 10.27% of graded US stocks.
- CNP's asset turnover comes in at 0.23 -- ranking 43rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, LNT, and ED are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNP.
The table below shows CNP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.20||52-week high||$33.50|
|Prev. close||$29.78||52-week low||$25.03|
|Day high||$29.74||Avg. volume||3,813,339|
|50-day MA||$30.39||Dividend yield||2.47%|
|200-day MA||$30.23||Market Cap||18.38B|
CenterPoint Energy Inc. (CNP) Company Bio
CenterPoint Energy, Inc. is an American Fortune 500 electric and natural gas utility serving several markets in the American states of Indiana, Ohio, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, and Texas. It was formerly known as Reliant Energy (from which it is now separated), NorAm Energy, Houston Industries, and HL&P. The company is headquartered in the CenterPoint Energy Tower at 1111 Louisiana Street in Downtown Houston. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CNP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNP Latest Social Stream
View Full CNP Social Stream
Latest CNP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNP as an investment opportunity.
CenterPoint Energy said it projects everyone who lost power form the tornado, especially in Pasadena and Deer Park, will get it restored by Sunday.
In recent trading session, CenterPoint Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNP) saw 1.01 million shares changing hands at last check today with its beta currently measuring 0.88. Company’s recent per share price level of $29.99 trading at -$0.05 or -0.17% at last check today assigns it a market valuation of $19.02B. That most recent trading price of CNP’s … CenterPoint Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNP) Stock Ripped 0.17% Year-To-Date, What Will Happen Next? Read More »
If history is any guide, there may be good fortune ahead for shares of CenterPoint Energy (NYSE: CNP ). A so-called "golden cross" has formed on its chart and, not surprisingly, this could be bullish for the stock. What To Know: Many traders use moving average crossover systems to make their decisions. When a shorter-term average price crosses above a longer-term average price, it could mean the stock is trending higher. If the short-term average price crosses … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Thousands of Houston-area CenterPoint Energy customers are without power as severe weather passes through.
NORTHAMPTON, MA / ACCESSWIRE / January 23, 2023 / There''s feeling like a million bucks. And then there''s raising a million bucks . . . which, let''s be honest, feels even better. In 2022, for the 30th year, Enbridge''s Houston team members capped a million-dollar campaign for the United Way of Greater Houston-as our workforce across North America raised US$3.6 million (C$4.7 million) for United Way chapters across the continent. In 2022, our Houston employee campaign''s spotlight agency was Target Hunger , one of Houston''s largest non-profit organizations that provides direct food assistance for children, families, and seniors in northeast and east Houston neighborhoods who face the risk of going hungry every day. Enbridge volunteer activities included two days of sorting and packagi...
CNP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|