Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COST POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where COST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.14% of US stocks.
- COST's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- COST ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
COST Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $252,628,980,814, Costco Wholesale Corp has a greater market value than 99.27% of US stocks.
- Costco Wholesale Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.28% of US listed stocks.
- COST's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 92.35% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Costco Wholesale Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be DIS, KO, PEP, NKE, and CMCSA.
- COST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Costco Wholesale Corp's official web site, go to www.costco.com.
COST Valuation Summary
- COST's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 59.26% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- COST's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 17.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, COST's price/earnings ratio has gone up 18.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COST.
COST Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 12.54%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 59.84%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 51.8%.
The table below shows COST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COST has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.14% of graded US stocks.
- COST's asset turnover comes in at 3.383 -- ranking 7th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ULTA, CATO, and HVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COST.
The table below shows COST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$440.11||52-week high||$612.27|
|Prev. close||$437.71||52-week low||$375.50|
|Day high||$443.26||Avg. volume||2,740,261|
|50-day MA||$539.27||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$509.73||Market Cap||195.07B|
Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) Company Bio
Costco Wholesale operates membership warehouses, offering branded and private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. The company also operates gas stations, pharmacies, food courts, optical dispensing centers, photo processing centers, and hearing-aid centers,; and engages in the travel business. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Issaquah, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
COST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COST Latest Social Stream
View Full COST Social Stream
Latest COST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Costco Wholesale Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COST as an investment opportunity.
DLTR vs. COST: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Costco (COST) closed at $495.24 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.38% move from the prior day.
In this article, we discuss the 10 stocks to consider in the portfolio of Kim Schrier. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Kim Schrier Stock Portfolio: 5 Stocks To Consider. Kim Schrier is a physician and politician born in California. She is presently a member of the […]
Costco shares are priced at 44 times earnings, but investors rushed to "buy the dip" when it fell recently.
With inflation worries and the ongoing Ukraine-Russia conflict, investors' heads must remain on a swivel in the current market environment.
COST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|