Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COST POWR Grades
- COST scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 94.99% of US stocks.
- COST's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- COST's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 26.45% of US stocks).
COST Stock Summary
- COST has a higher market value than 98.96% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $210,851,577,324.
- Costco Wholesale Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.31% of US listed stocks.
- Costco Wholesale Corp's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.23% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Costco Wholesale Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PEP, WFC, KO, MS, and CMCSA.
- Visit COST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.costco.com.
COST Valuation Summary
- COST's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 59.26% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- COST's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 17.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, COST's price/earnings ratio has gone up 18.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COST.
COST Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 45.56%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 114.31%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 35.03%.
The table below shows COST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COST has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.25% of graded US stocks.
- COST's asset turnover comes in at 3.383 -- ranking 7th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ULTA, PAG, and CATO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COST.
The table below shows COST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$490.10||52-week high||$492.21|
|Prev. close||$481.99||52-week low||$307.00|
|Day high||$492.21||Avg. volume||2,209,968|
|50-day MA||$456.77||Dividend yield||0.66%|
|200-day MA||$395.55||Market Cap||216.54B|
Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) Company Bio
Costco Wholesale operates membership warehouses, offering branded and private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. The company also operates gas stations, pharmacies, food courts, optical dispensing centers, photo processing centers, and hearing-aid centers,; and engages in the travel business. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Issaquah, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
COST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COST Latest Social Stream
View Full COST Social Stream
Latest COST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Costco Wholesale Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COST as an investment opportunity.
Utah Retirement Systems lessened its holdings in Costco Wholesale Co. (NASDAQ:COST) by 0.6% during the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent disclosure with the SEC. The firm owned 84,256 shares of the retailers stock after selling 546 shares during the quarter. Utah Retirement Systems holdings in Costco Wholesale were worth $33,338,000 
Wall Street analysts expect Costco Wholesale Co. (NASDAQ:COST) to announce $47.75 billion in sales for the current fiscal quarter, Zacks Investment Research reports. Six analysts have made estimates for Costco Wholesales earnings. The lowest sales estimate is $47.02 billion and the highest is $49.51 billion. Costco Wholesale posted sales of $43.21 billion in the same 
Cambridge Trust Co. grew its holdings in shares of Costco Wholesale Co. (NASDAQ:COST) by 680.0% in the second quarter, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The fund owned 13,533 shares of the retailers stock after buying an additional 11,798 shares during the period. Cambridge Trust Co.s holdings in 
The cheap prices, no-frills presentation, and unexpected items for sale have customers coming back for more.
Costco (NASDAQ: COST) is building some interesting new warehouses in Japan and elsewhere in the world, further evidence of the retailer's path toward strong future growth. In this video clip from "Beat & Raise," recorded on Sept.
COST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|