Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST): Price and Financial Metrics
COST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$610.78||52-week high||$613.61|
|Prev. close||$610.95||52-week low||$447.90|
|Day high||$613.61||Avg. volume||1,790,462|
|50-day MA||$573.96||Dividend yield||0.67%|
|200-day MA||$534.53||Market Cap||270.42B|
COST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COST POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where COST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.86% of US stocks.
- COST's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- COST ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
COST Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $263,984,066,055, COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP has a greater market value than 99.39% of US stocks.
- COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.14% of US listed stocks.
- COST's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 461.92 -- higher than 93% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be KO, PEP, BAC, SHEL, and NKE.
- COST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP's official web site, go to www.costco.com.
COST Valuation Summary
- COST's price/earnings ratio is 41.7; this is 110.08% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- COST's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 16.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COST.
COST Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 68.82%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 42.78%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 68.82%.
The table below shows COST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COST has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.14% of graded US stocks.
- COST's asset turnover comes in at 3.383 -- ranking 7th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ULTA, CATO, and HVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COST.
The table below shows COST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) Company Bio
Costco Wholesale operates membership warehouses, offering branded and private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. The company also operates gas stations, pharmacies, food courts, optical dispensing centers, photo processing centers, and hearing-aid centers,; and engages in the travel business. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Issaquah, Washington.
COST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COST Latest Social Stream
View Full COST Social Stream
Latest COST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COST as an investment opportunity.
More on Costco
Yahoo Finance Live co-host Josh Lipton previews the biggest stories and headlines due out next week, including earnings from Oracle (ORCL), Adobe (ADBE), and Costco (COST), inflation data, the Federal Reserve's December FOMC meeting, and Yahoo Finance's "Company of the Year" winner. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode of Yahoo Finance Live.
Oracle and Adobe report and the Fed makes its final policy call of the year as the big benchmarks sit atop a six-week advance.
The holidays are a time when people come together in celebration. One common way to celebrate is through preparing feasts for the whole family, friends, neighbors, and other people in one's life. But...
The earnings calendar is light, although investors will be watching results from top-performing stocks like Costco and Lennar.
COST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|