Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COST POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where COST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 73.24% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for COST is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- COST's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 43.86% of US stocks).
COST Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $212,755,104,405, COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP has a greater market value than 99.4% of US stocks.
- COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.06% of US listed stocks.
- COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be PEP, TM, KO, TMO, and BAC.
- COST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP's official web site, go to www.costco.com.
COST Valuation Summary
- COST's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 52.63% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, COST's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 12.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COST.
COST Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 86%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 130.42%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 26.91%.
The table below shows COST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COST has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.14% of graded US stocks.
- COST's asset turnover comes in at 3.383 -- ranking 7th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ULTA, CATO, and HVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COST.
The table below shows COST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$474.22||52-week high||$612.27|
|Prev. close||$478.98||52-week low||$406.51|
|Day high||$483.83||Avg. volume||2,565,154|
|50-day MA||$524.43||Dividend yield||0.75%|
|200-day MA||$519.84||Market Cap||210.06B|
Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) Company Bio
Costco Wholesale operates membership warehouses, offering branded and private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. The company also operates gas stations, pharmacies, food courts, optical dispensing centers, photo processing centers, and hearing-aid centers,; and engages in the travel business. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Issaquah, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
COST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COST Latest Social Stream
View Full COST Social Stream
Latest COST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COSTCO WHOLESALE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COST as an investment opportunity.
Earnings next year are expected to be up +6.2% as a whole and +8% excluding the Energy sector. This magnitude of growth can hardly be called out-of-sync with a flat or even modestly down economic growth outlook.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the consumer price index increased 8.3% year over year in August. Few companies are in a better position to benefit from that than discount retailer Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST). Here's the case for why Costco stock is a compelling pick for growth-oriented investors.
Here're seven blue-chip sleeper stocks with wide moats
Large-cap stocks that are undervalued and have a healthy dividend yield.
Walmart may not have always had the best reputation, but it's a store worth shopping at for many reasons. You'll often pay less at Walmart retail stores for items than you'd pay if you purchased online. Walmart has also revamped its customer service efforts in recent years, with its famous "people greeters" now doing more tasks including helping to facilitate returns.
COST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|