Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST): Price and Financial Metrics
COST Stock Summary
- COST has a market capitalization of $165,547,463,631 -- more than approximately 98.77% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for COST is 11.41 -- better than 97.26% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, COST is more volatile than only 3.47% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Costco Wholesale Corp are HON, WFC, MS, PM, and PEP.
- Visit COST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.costco.com.
COST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$373.87||52-week high||$393.15|
|Prev. close||$371.26||52-week low||$293.84|
|Day high||$374.83||Avg. volume||2,859,181|
|50-day MA||$346.44||Dividend yield||0.75%|
|200-day MA||$354.76||Market Cap||165.45B|
Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) Company Bio
Costco Wholesale operates membership warehouses, offering branded and private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. The company also operates gas stations, pharmacies, food courts, optical dispensing centers, photo processing centers, and hearing-aid centers,; and engages in the travel business. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Issaquah, Washington.
COST Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Costco Wholesale Corp. To summarize, we found that Costco Wholesale Corp ranked in the 43th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 39.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Costco Wholesale Corp, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 35.17 -- which is good for besting 89.74% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 6% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 20.32% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- COST's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 41% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
COST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COST Latest Social Stream
View Full COST Social Stream
Latest COST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Costco Wholesale Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COST as an investment opportunity.
Photo by jetcityimage/iStock Editorial via Getty Images This article series helps to keep investors informed of upcoming dividend increases. We put a spotlight on companies that can increase payouts year after year. For investors, this can be an opportunity to start or add to positions before an increased payout. Dividend...
The retail stocks that'll be successful in 2021 and beyond will be those that have e-commerce locked in.
It might feel difficult to justify owning COST stock after its recent run.
Ensemble Capital, an investment management firm, published its “Ensemble Fund” first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be seen here. A return of 3.80% was delivered by the fund in the Q1 of 2021, below its S&P 500 benchmark that delivered a 6.17% return in the same period. You can view […]
Don't overlook this dividend stock because of its low dividend yield. There's more to the story.
COST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|