Campbell Soup Company (CPB): Price and Financial Metrics
CPB Stock Summary
- Campbell Soup Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Campbell Soup Co is reporting a growth rate of 288.81%; that's higher than 94.7% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Campbell Soup Co's share price is greater than that of merely 0.89% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Campbell Soup Co, a group of peers worth examining would be AMCR, SPB, CSL, JCOM, and CMD.
- Visit CPB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.campbellsoupcompany.com.
CPB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.00||52-week high||$57.54|
|Prev. close||$46.59||52-week low||$40.70|
|Day high||$47.10||Avg. volume||2,394,034|
|50-day MA||$47.12||Dividend yield||3.18%|
|200-day MA||$48.46||Market Cap||14.24B|
Campbell Soup Company (CPB) Company Bio
Campbell Soup Company manufactures and markets convenience food products. It operates through U.S. Simple Meals; Global Baking and Snacking; International Simple Meals and Beverages; U.S. Beverages; and Bolthouse and Foodservice segments. The company was founded in 1869 and is based in Camden, New Jersey.
CPB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CPB, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Campbell Soup Co ranked in the 52th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Campbell Soup Co, consider:
- Campbell Soup Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 6.52% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Campbell Soup Co has a reliance on debt greater than 64.79% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPB Latest Social Stream
View Full CPB Social Stream
Latest CPB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Campbell Soup Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPB as an investment opportunity.
Soup, makeup and data results on tap in light week for reports.
Prepackaged soup products were an early beneficiary of the COVID-19 pandemic and the category's momentum carried over into 2021, according to RBC Capital Markets. The Campbell Soup Company Analyst: Nik Modi maintains an Outperform rating on Campbell Soup Company's (NYSE: CPB ) stock with an unchanged $45 price target. The Campbell Soup Company Thesis: Consumers rushed to buy many shelf-stable products during the early days of the pandemic and nearly a whole year later the category remains hot, Modi wrote in a note. In fact, soup household penetration reached 88.2% in January versus 85.2% last year. In … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Campbell Soup (CPB) declares $0.37/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 3.23%Payable May 3; for shareholders of record April 8; ex-div April 7.See CPB Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
CAMDEN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Board of Directors of Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) today declared a regular quarterly dividend on Campbell’s capital stock of $0.37 per share. The quarterly dividend is payable May 3, 2021 to shareholders of record at the close of business April 8, 2021. About Campbell Soup Company Campbell (NYSE:CPB) is driven and inspired by our purpose, "Real food that matters for life's moments." For generations, people have trusted Campbell to provide authentic, flavo
Campbell (CPB) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
CPB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPBHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Campbell Soup Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!