Campbell Soup Company (CPB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPB POWR Grades
- CPB scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 82.51% of US stocks.
- CPB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- CPB ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
CPB Stock Summary
- Campbell Soup Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.7% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Campbell Soup Co's share price is greater than that of just 0.09% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Campbell Soup Co's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 14.21%, greater than the shareholder yield of 84.83% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CPB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NWL, LEA, AMCR, PKG, and FWONA.
- Visit CPB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.campbellsoupcompany.com.
CPB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CPB's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.3% lower, now standing at 15.3.
- Over the past 243 months, CPB's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $3.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPB.
CPB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.11||52-week high||$54.08|
|Prev. close||$45.22||52-week low||$44.53|
|Day high||$45.22||Avg. volume||2,434,162|
|50-day MA||$48.17||Dividend yield||3.27%|
|200-day MA||$47.94||Market Cap||13.67B|
Campbell Soup Company (CPB) Company Bio
Campbell Soup Company manufactures and markets convenience food products. It operates through U.S. Simple Meals; Global Baking and Snacking; International Simple Meals and Beverages; U.S. Beverages; and Bolthouse and Foodservice segments. The company was founded in 1869 and is based in Camden, New Jersey.
CPB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CPB, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Campbell Soup Co ranked in the 46th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 28.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Campbell Soup Co, consider:
- Campbell Soup Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 9.69% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Campbell Soup Co has a reliance on debt greater than 63.85% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPB Latest Social Stream
View Full CPB Social Stream
Latest CPB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Campbell Soup Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPB as an investment opportunity.
While inflation and higher supply-chain costs mar Campbell Soup (CPB), stocks like Medifast (MED), Darling Ingredients (DAR) and Nomad Foods (NOMD) are poised to gain on customer-friendly innovation.
Image: Victoria''s Secret press room L Brands, Inc. has announced the composition of the board of directors for the standalone, publicly traded Victorias Secret business. The company said in a release that the new Victorias Secret board is expected to consist of seven directors, six of who are independent and six of who are women. Today marks an exciting milestone in our plans to launch Victorias Secret as an independent, publicly traded company, said Sarah E. Nash, chair of L Brands board, adding, We are thrilled with the group of diverse and seasoned executives who will comprise the new Victorias Secret board. The anticipated members of the Victorias Secret board following the completion of the separation include Donna James, MD, Lardon & Associates LLC, who will be the chair of the b...
Campbell Soup (CPB) is battling margin concerns due to elevated inflation, a rise in supply-chain expenses and some executional headwinds related to the transformation plan. Management recently cut the EPS view.
Condensed Canned Soup Market Global Industry Size, Growth, Segments, Revenue, Manufacturers & Forecast Research Report | Campbell Soup, ConAgra Foods, True Primal,LLC, Rhodes Food Group, H.J Heinz Company Australia Ltd.
Condensed Canned Soup Market 2020: Latest Analysis Chicago, United States:- The report titled Global Condensed Canned Soup Market is one of the most comprehensive and important additions to Report Hive Researchs archive of market research studies. It offers detailed research and analysis of key aspects of the global Condensed Canned Soup market. The 
Tuesday Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: Campbell Soup, Exact Sciences, Exelixis, Spirit Airlines, Sarepta, ZTO and More
No summary available.
CPB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|