Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPK POWR Grades
- CPK scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 71.36% of US stocks.
- CPK's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- CPK ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
CPK Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Chesapeake Utilities Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CPK, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.52% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of Chesapeake Utilities Corp's share price is greater than that of only 10.13% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chesapeake Utilities Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CTRE, HR, PDM, STAG, and SJW.
- Visit CPK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chpk.com.
CPK Valuation Summary
- CPK's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 100% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CPK's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 12.3 over the prior 243 months.
- CPK's price/earnings ratio has moved up 13.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPK.
CPK Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -0.63%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 44.36%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 48.81%.
The table below shows CPK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.33||52-week high||$125.40|
|Prev. close||$124.28||52-week low||$72.89|
|Day high||$125.40||Avg. volume||58,519|
|50-day MA||$119.27||Dividend yield||1.54%|
|200-day MA||$110.71||Market Cap||2.18B|
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified energy company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission, gathering and processing, electricity distribution, propane gas distribution, wholesale marketing, and other businesses. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Dover, Delaware.
CPK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Chesapeake Utilities Corp. To summarize, we found that Chesapeake Utilities Corp ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Chesapeake Utilities Corp ended up being:
- Chesapeake Utilities Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 14.65% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Utilities), Chesapeake Utilities Corp has a reliance on debt greater than just 22.7% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPK Latest Social Stream
View Full CPK Social Stream
Latest CPK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chesapeake Utilities Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPK as an investment opportunity.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation To Host Conference Call To Review Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) will host a conference call on Thursday, August 5, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. ET to discuss the Company's financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. The earnings press release will be issued on Wednesday, August 4, 2021 after the market closes.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporatio found using ticker (CPK) now have 7 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 136 and 108 with the average target price sitting at 123.57. With the stocks previous close at 118.97 this would imply there is a potential upside of 3.9%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 118.94 and the 200 day moving average is 113.36. The company has a market capitalisation of $2,119m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="CPK" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Chesapeake Utilities Corporation operates as an energy delivery company. The Regulated Energy segment engages in the natural gas distribution operations in central and so...
Is Chesapeake Utilities Corporation's (NYSE:CPK) Recent Performance Tethered To Its Attractive Financial Prospects?
Most readers would already know that Chesapeake Utilities' (NYSE:CPK) stock increased by 5.0% over the past three...
No summary available.
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) falls -0.7900% for June 23 Equities.com
CPK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPKWant to see what other sources are saying about Chesapeake Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch