Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPK POWR Grades
- CPK scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 67.49% of US stocks.
- CPK's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- CPK's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 16.61% of US stocks).
CPK Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 167.33, Chesapeake Utilities Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 84.47% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Chesapeake Utilities Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Chesapeake Utilities Corp is higher than it is for about 87.94% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chesapeake Utilities Corp are BHR, PDM, OTTR, DEI, and AFIN.
- CPK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chesapeake Utilities Corp's official web site, go to www.chpk.com.
CPK Valuation Summary
- CPK's price/sales ratio is 4.3; this is 48.28% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CPK's price/earnings ratio has moved up 15.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CPK's price/sales ratio has gone up 4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPK.
CPK Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 20.12%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 40.01%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 9.59%.
The table below shows CPK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CPK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.8% of graded US stocks.
- CPK's asset turnover comes in at 0.279 -- ranking 30th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PNW, OKE, and AEP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CPK.
The table below shows CPK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CPK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$130.86||52-week high||$133.40|
|Prev. close||$130.03||52-week low||$92.79|
|Day high||$131.81||Avg. volume||52,907|
|50-day MA||$127.24||Dividend yield||1.48%|
|200-day MA||$118.58||Market Cap||2.30B|
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified energy company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission, gathering and processing, electricity distribution, propane gas distribution, wholesale marketing, and other businesses. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Dover, Delaware.
Most Popular Stories View All
CPK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPK Latest Social Stream
View Full CPK Social Stream
Latest CPK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chesapeake Utilities Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPK as an investment opportunity.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) will host a conference call on Thursday, November 4, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. ET to discuss the Company's financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021. The earnings press release will be issued on Wednesday, November 3, 2021, after market close.
Chesapeake Utilities Secures Sustainability Linked Financing for Capital Investments in Energy Delivery Solutions
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) today announced that it has secured $9.6 million in sustainability linked financing from Bank of America to fund capital investments in energy delivery solutions provided by the Company's Marlin Gas Services subsidiary.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation Completes Construction of Noble Road Landfill Renewable Natural Gas Transportation Project
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) today announced that construction of its Noble Road Landfill Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) pipeline project has been completed. The Company's subsidiary, Aspire Energy of Ohio, constructed the 33.1-mile pipeline, which will transport RNG generated from the Noble Road Landfill in Shiloh, Ohio, to Aspire Energy's pipeline system, displacing conventionally produced natural gas. In conjunction with this expansion, Aspire Energy also upgraded an existing com
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) (Chesapeake Utilities) today announced that as part of the Board's ongoing succession planning, Lisa G. Bisaccia, retired executive vice president and chief human resources officer of CVS Health, was appointed to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of Chesapeake Utilities, effective Oct. 15. During her tenure at CVS Health, Bisaccia focused on employee engagement and organizational culture; launched companywide talent management and leadership
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Firstly, we'll want to...
CPK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPKWant to see what other sources are saying about Chesapeake Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch