Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK): Price and Financial Metrics
CPK Stock Summary
- CPK's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 339.49 -- higher than 88.68% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Chesapeake Utilities Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Chesapeake Utilities Corp is higher than it is for about 89.86% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chesapeake Utilities Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PEB, GMRE, EGP, DEI, and AFIN.
- CPK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chesapeake Utilities Corp's official web site, go to www.chpk.com.
CPK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$108.29||52-week high||$111.40|
|Prev. close||$106.72||52-week low||$69.47|
|Day high||$110.89||Avg. volume||69,307|
|50-day MA||$104.21||Dividend yield||1.65%|
|200-day MA||$93.34||Market Cap||1.89B|
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified energy company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission, gathering and processing, electricity distribution, propane gas distribution, wholesale marketing, and other businesses. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Dover, Delaware.
CPK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Chesapeake Utilities Corp. To summarize, we found that Chesapeake Utilities Corp ranked in the 4th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CPK, they are:
- Chesapeake Utilities Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 10.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 21.56% of stocks in its sector (Utilities).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPK Latest Social Stream
View Full CPK Social Stream
Latest CPK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chesapeake Utilities Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPK as an investment opportunity.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 25, 2021 4:00 PM ET Company Participants Beth Cooper – Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Jim Moriarty – Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Chief Risk Officer and Compliance Officer Jeff Householder – President and Chief Executive...
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation Reports Record Results For Fiscal Year 2020; Updates Earnings And Capital Guidance
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) ("Chesapeake Utilities" or the "Company") today announced financial results for the year and the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2020. Net income for 2020 was $71.5 million, or $4.26 per share compared to $65.2 million, or $3.96 per share for 2019. The Company's net income from continuing operations for 2020 was $70.6 million, or $4.21 per share. This represents an increase of $9.5 million, or $0.49 per share, above 2019 results.
Today, the Board of Directors of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.44 per share on the Company's common stock. The $0.44 per share dividend will be paid on April 5, 2021 to all shareholders of record at the close of business March 15, 2021.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) (Chesapeake Utilities) today announced it has earned the inaugural 2021 Top Workplaces USA award for mid-size companies. In the Top Workplace program's 14-year history, more than 20 million employees across 54 markets have been surveyed for the regional Top Workplaces awards. In August 2020, Chesapeake Utilities was recognized as a Top Workplace in Delaware for the ninth consecutive year, and in November 2020, Florida Public Utilities Company (FPUC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chesapeake Utilities, was recognized as a Top Workplace in Central Florida.
If you buy and hold a stock for many years, you'd hope to be making a profit. Furthermore, you'd generally like to see...
CPK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPKWant to see what other sources are saying about Chesapeake Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!