Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK): Price and Financial Metrics
CPK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.54||52-week high||$132.91|
|Prev. close||$97.75||52-week low||$92.93|
|Day high||$97.31||Avg. volume||76,252|
|50-day MA||$110.94||Dividend yield||2.34%|
|200-day MA||$120.96||Market Cap||1.66B|
CPK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPK POWR Grades
- CPK scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 78.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPK is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CPK ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
CPK Stock Summary
- CPK's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 521.39 -- higher than 94.47% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORP's share price is greater than that of merely 8.35% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CPK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are OTTR, NFG, ALE, HPK, and PECO.
- Visit CPK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chpk.com.
CPK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, CPK's price/sales ratio is 64.71% higher, now standing at 2.8.
- Over the past 243 months, CPK's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPK.
CPK Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 0.32%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 16%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -6.58%.
The table below shows CPK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CPK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.64% of graded US stocks.
- CPK's asset turnover comes in at 0.277 -- ranking 30th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AEP, ED, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CPK.
The table below shows CPK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified energy company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission, gathering and processing, electricity distribution, propane gas distribution, wholesale marketing, and other businesses. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Dover, Delaware.
CPK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPK Latest Social Stream
View Full CPK Social Stream
Latest CPK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPK as an investment opportunity.
The market has clearly voted against what it views as a wrong move made by NextEra's management team as NEE stock dips.
An In-depth Look at the Valuation of Chesapeake Utilities
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) ("Chesapeake Utilities" or "the Company") today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Florida City Gas ("FCG") from NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) for $923 million in cash. Upon closing of the transaction, which is expected to occur by the end of the fourth quarter of 2023, FCG will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Chesapeake Utilities. The Company has increased its capital investment plan and extended its earnings guida
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) today announced its Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) subsidiary has entered into a definitive agreement to sell Florida City Gas (FCG) to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) (Chesapeake Utilities) for $923 million in cash.
Fortis (FTS) shares the details of its latest five-year capital expenditure plan, which is focused on improving the transmission business. It also approves an increase in the dividend rate.
CPK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPKWant to see what other sources are saying about Chesapeake Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch