Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPK POWR Grades
- CPK scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 71.99% of US stocks.
- CPK's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- CPK ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
CPK Stock Summary
- CPK's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 222.53 -- higher than 86.2% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Chesapeake Utilities Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CPK, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.6% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chesapeake Utilities Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CTRE, WRE, HR, GMRE, and PDM.
- Visit CPK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chpk.com.
CPK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$121.64||52-week high||$122.72|
|Prev. close||$116.67||52-week low||$72.89|
|Day high||$121.80||Avg. volume||59,973|
|50-day MA||$117.67||Dividend yield||1.45%|
|200-day MA||$101.11||Market Cap||2.13B|
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified energy company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission, gathering and processing, electricity distribution, propane gas distribution, wholesale marketing, and other businesses. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Dover, Delaware.
CPK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CPK, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Chesapeake Utilities Corp ranked in the 19th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Chesapeake Utilities Corp, consider:
- Chesapeake Utilities Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 11.89% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 18.85% of stocks in its sector (Utilities).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CPK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPK Latest Social Stream
View Full CPK Social Stream
Latest CPK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chesapeake Utilities Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPK as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 5, 2021 / Chesapeake Utilities Corp. (NYSE:CPK) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 5, 2021 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time.
At their meeting held today, the Board of Directors of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) voted to increase the quarterly cash dividend on the Company's common stock from $0.44 per share to $0.48 per share. The Board's action raises the 2021 annualized dividend $0.16 per share from $1.76 to $1.92 per share, a 9.1 percent increase. The $0.48 per share dividend will be payable July 6, 2021 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on June 15, 2021.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation To Host Conference Call To Review First Quarter 2021 Financial Results
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) will host a conference call on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. ET to discuss the Company's financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021. The earnings press release will be issued on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 after the market closes.
RBC Capital Stick to Their Hold Rating for Chesapeake Utilities
If you want to know who really controls Chesapeake Utilities Corporation ( NYSE:CPK ), then you'll have to look at the...
CPK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPKWant to see what other sources are saying about Chesapeake Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch