Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPK POWR Grades
- CPK scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.74% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CPK is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CPK's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.31% of US stocks).
CPK Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 390.47, CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 93.67% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.53% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CPK is more volatile than just 9.56% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CPK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EGP, OTTR, NFG, DEI, and AMH.
- CPK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORP's official web site, go to www.chpk.com.
CPK Valuation Summary
- CPK's EV/EBIT ratio is 20.6; this is 6.79% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CPK's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPK.
CPK Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 46.58%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -6.58%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 20.8%.
The table below shows CPK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CPK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CPK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.64% of graded US stocks.
- CPK's asset turnover comes in at 0.277 -- ranking 30th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AEP, ED, and SJW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CPK.
The table below shows CPK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CPK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$116.92||52-week high||$146.30|
|Prev. close||$118.17||52-week low||$105.79|
|Day high||$117.92||Avg. volume||66,250|
|50-day MA||$117.34||Dividend yield||1.83%|
|200-day MA||$127.83||Market Cap||2.07B|
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Company Bio
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified energy company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission, gathering and processing, electricity distribution, propane gas distribution, wholesale marketing, and other businesses. The company was founded in 1859 and is based in Dover, Delaware.
Most Popular Stories View All
CPK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPK Latest Social Stream
View Full CPK Social Stream
Latest CPK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHESAPEAKE UTILITIES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPK as an investment opportunity.
Chesapeake Utilities' (NYSE:CPK) investors will be pleased with their decent 54% return over the last five years
When you buy and hold a stock for the long term, you definitely want it to provide a positive return. Furthermore...
Chesapeake Utilities ( NYSE:CPK ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$131.1m (up 22% from 3Q...
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) announced today that it purchased 100% of the membership interest of Planet Found Energy Development, LLC (PFED) for $9.4 million. PFED is a Maryland-based entity formed by Delmarva-based scientists, farmers and business people dedicated to developing poultry litter management technologies. This acquisition aligns with the Company's renewable energy investment objectives including:
At their meeting held today, the Board of Directors of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.535 per share on the Company's common stock. The $0.535 per share dividend will be paid on January 5, 2023 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on December 15, 2022.
Chesapeake Utilities (CPK) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -28% and 3.60%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CPK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPKWant to see what other sources are saying about Chesapeake Utilities Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch