Dollar General Corporation (DG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DG POWR Grades
- DG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 79.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DG is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 201 days.
- DG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 24.87% of US stocks).
DG Stock Summary
- DG has a market capitalization of $51,178,623,503 -- more than approximately 95.15% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DG is 5.07 -- better than 92.92% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, DG is more volatile than only 2.23% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Dollar General Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be WBA, RELX, PHG, TRI, and JCI.
- DG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Dollar General Corp's official web site, go to www.dollargeneral.com.
DG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$205.87||52-week high||$225.25|
|Prev. close||$213.90||52-week low||$173.50|
|Day high||$211.88||Avg. volume||2,459,127|
|50-day MA||$203.82||Dividend yield||0.79%|
|200-day MA||$205.65||Market Cap||49.26B|
Dollar General Corporation (DG) Company Bio
Dollar General is a discount retailer, offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel across the U.S. The company was founded in 1939 and is based in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
DG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for DG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Dollar General Corp ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Dollar General Corp, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 23.64 -- which is good for besting 84.66% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- Dollar General Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 13.69% of tickers in our DCF set.
- DG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 13.69% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DG Latest Social Stream
View Full DG Social Stream
Latest DG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dollar General Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DG as an investment opportunity.
Bear Market Buys: Buyandhold 2012, BM Cashflow Detective, And Chuck Walston's Top Dividend Stocks, Part 3
Photo by JNevitt/iStock via Getty Images This article is the third in a series designed to identify the top investments in the event of a bear market. A minimum of ten stocks were chosen by Buyandhold 2012, BM Cashflow Detective and the author. The selection criteria required that each company...
Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) and Dollar General (NYSE: DG) have both done a phenomenal job of drawing customers to buy their goods. Costco has a well-earned reputation for providing just about any goods or services that you want. Typically, the company provides high-quality offerings, and it has a generous return policy.
Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) today announced that it plans to release its financial results for the fiscal 2021 first quarter ended April 30, 2021, on May 27, 2021.
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) today announced a partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation to extend the Company’s community and environmental stewardship efforts. In addition to a $100,000 donation, which will support planting more than 20,000 trees through reforestation and community tree planting events in multiple states, Dollar General also plans to support the partnership through employee volunteer days in various markets across the country.
Dollar General has been a solid investment for both landlords and investors year after year. But will it still be such a sure thing post-pandemic? Find out.
DG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|