Dollar General Corporation (DG): Price and Financial Metrics
DG Stock Summary
- Dollar General Corp's market capitalization of $46,226,770,378 is ahead of 94.89% of US-listed equities.
- Dollar General Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.34% of US listed stocks.
- The volatility of Dollar General Corp's share price is greater than that of only 3.71% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PGR, RELX, HUM, WBA, and TRI.
- Visit DG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dollargeneral.com.
DG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$188.68||52-week high||$225.25|
|Prev. close||$192.61||52-week low||$125.00|
|Day high||$191.40||Avg. volume||2,399,219|
|50-day MA||$205.31||Dividend yield||0.76%|
|200-day MA||$201.60||Market Cap||46.23B|
Dollar General Corporation (DG) Company Bio
Dollar General is a discount retailer, offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel across the U.S. The company was founded in 1939 and is based in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
DG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for DG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Dollar General Corp ranked in the 60th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for DG, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 25.08 -- which is good for besting 89% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- Dollar General Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 12.63% of tickers in our DCF set.
- DG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 12.63% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DG Latest Social Stream
View Full DG Social Stream
Latest DG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dollar General Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DG as an investment opportunity.
ISLAMABAD: In a major development, Pakistan has formally joined the Madrid System to protect Pakistani trademarks in 124 member countries making it easier and effective for brand owners to get protection in export markets. With the accession to the Madrid Protocol, the trademark holders of Pakistan will be able to protect their trademarks in the member countries by filing a single application at World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) whereby facilitating ease of doing business. On Feb 24, Pakistan deposited its instrument of accession to the Madrid Protocol with WIPO’s Director General, making it the 108th member of the Madrid System, an official announcement of the WIPO said. Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations Ambassador Khalil-ur-Rehman Hashmi deposite...
Dollar General is opening a smaller DGX in downtown Pittsburgh.
News24.com | Parliament to meet Naledi Pandor behind closed doors as confusion clouds DG's suspension
Parliament is set to hold a closed sitting with Naledi Pandor in order for her to share details about the suspension of her department's director-general, Kgabo Mahoai.
Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: AstraZeneca, Dollar General, Lowe’s, Nike, Nvidia, Shopify, Square and More
No summary available.
Five Below is the IBD Stock Of The Day as the retailer forms a base following blowout sales in the critical holiday period.
DG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Dollar General Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!