Dollar General Corporation (DG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DG POWR Grades
- DG scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 81.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DG is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- DG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
DG Stock Summary
- DG has a market capitalization of $51,692,211,900 -- more than approximately 94.76% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DG is 5.49 -- better than 93.51% of US stocks.
- DG's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 225.96 -- higher than 87.62% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PGR, JCI, WBA, HUM, and RELX.
- Visit DG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dollargeneral.com.
DG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, DG's price/sales ratio is 7.14% higher, now standing at 1.5.
- DG's price/earnings ratio has moved down 10.3 over the prior 144 months.
- DG's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 144 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DG.
DG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 26.16%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1324.67%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 44.3%.
The table below shows DG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.97% of graded US stocks.
- DG's asset turnover comes in at 1.311 -- ranking 100th of 164 Retail stocks.
- TSCO, SFM, and FL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DG.
The table below shows DG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$222.11||52-week high||$239.35|
|Prev. close||$221.56||52-week low||$173.50|
|Day high||$224.38||Avg. volume||2,078,231|
|50-day MA||$227.77||Dividend yield||0.76%|
|200-day MA||$211.31||Market Cap||51.82B|
Dollar General Corporation (DG) Company Bio
Dollar General is a discount retailer, offering a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel across the U.S. The company was founded in 1939 and is based in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
DG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DG Latest Social Stream
View Full DG Social Stream
Latest DG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dollar General Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DG as an investment opportunity.
The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) said that retaining some of the young vibrant safety personnel has been a major challenge for the regulator. This was disclosed by the Director-General, NCAA, Capt. Musa Nuhu, on Tuesday in Lagos. According to him, the NCAA was unable to compete financially with other operators on retaining some of 
The Director-General of the Forestry Research Institute Of Nigeria (FRIN), Ibadan, Oyo State, Prof Adepoju Olusola, has been accused of victimising some of the institutions workers after reports of contracts he allegedly awarded without recourse to procedure and due process were exposed. Olusola was accused of denying FRIN board members access to financial and administrative  This article was originally published on Naija News
The Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) says it was adopting some positions that would make Nigeria the halal hub for sub-Saharan Africa. Director General of NEPZA, Prof. Adesoji Adesugba, stated this in Abuja, on Tuesday, in remarks at the 2021 Halal Expo jointly organised by the Abuja Chamber for Commerce and Industries (ACCI) and  The post NEPZA Seeks to Make Nigeria Africas Halal Hub, Says DG appeared first on Daily Asset Online .
From left Mrs Carol Adekotujo, AGM PR, Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority NCAA; Captain Elisha Bahago, Director, Operations, Licensing and Training Standard, NCAA; Captain Musa Nuhu, DG, NCAA and Mr Olusegun Koiki, Chairman, League of Airports and Aviation Correspondents at a news conference in Lagos. The Director-General, Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, The post Airlines compliance with Regulation Authority improves safety DG appeared first on FRCN .
ISLAMABAD: Director General (DG) Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) Lieutenant General Faiz Hameed on Saturday hosted a meeting of spy chiefs of China, Russia, Iran and Tajikistan in Islamabad to discuss ongoing developments in Afghanistan, ARY NEWS reported quoting sources. According to sources privy to the developments, DG ISI Faiz Hameed headed a meeting of the  The post DG ISI hosts spy chiefs from Iran, Russia, China, Tajikistan in Islamabad: sources appeared first on ARY NEWS .
DG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|