Dollar General Corp. (DG): Price and Financial Metrics
DG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$108.14||52-week high||$261.59|
|Prev. close||$109.76||52-week low||$107.72|
|Day high||$110.59||Avg. volume||2,777,847|
|50-day MA||$150.21||Dividend yield||2.15%|
|200-day MA||$197.32||Market Cap||23.73B|
DG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DG POWR Grades
- DG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 68.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DG is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- DG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
DG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $24,945,698,649, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP has a greater market value than 91.58% of US stocks.
- DOLLAR GENERAL CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.06% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of DOLLAR GENERAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.22% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to DOLLAR GENERAL CORP are SAIA, DGICA, ITUB, LAZ, and WMG.
- DG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DOLLAR GENERAL CORP's official web site, go to www.dollargeneral.com.
DG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, DG's price/sales ratio is 30% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- Over the past 168 months, DG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DG.
DG Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 8.68%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -87.45%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 16.88%.
The table below shows DG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.35% of graded US stocks.
- DG's asset turnover comes in at 1.311 -- ranking 102nd of 165 Retail stocks.
- FL, GPS, and ZUMZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DG.
The table below shows DG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DG Latest Social Stream
View Full DG Social Stream
Latest DG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DOLLAR GENERAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DG as an investment opportunity.
Not sure which discount store to shop at? Here's a comparison between the two main competitors in the industry to help you decide.
HSBC initiated coverage of Dow Jones giants Home Depot, Lowe's and Walmart stock. The firm picks its favorite, least favorite retailers.
Take Dollar General (NYSE: DG) and Foot Locker (NYSE: FL). Is it discount chain Dollar General or sports apparel distributor Foot Locker? Investors would struggle to find any positive attributes about Foot Locker.
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn., September 21, 2023--Dollar General Literacy Foundation Awards More Than $2 Million During 30th Anniversary
3 dividend growth stocks that provide solid yields with the potential for high total returns.
DG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|