Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ED POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where ED ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.12% of US stocks.
- ED's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- ED ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
ED Stock Summary
- CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.5% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC's share price is greater than that of just 3.73% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC are XEL, RCI, ET, ES, and D.
- ED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC's official web site, go to www.conedison.com.
ED Valuation Summary
- ED's price/earnings ratio is 19.6; this is 2% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ED's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 8.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ED.
ED Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -6.1%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 25.1%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -8.9%.
The table below shows ED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ED has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.09% of graded US stocks.
- ED's asset turnover comes in at 0.211 -- ranking 56th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AEP, SO, and CMS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ED.
The table below shows ED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ED Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of ED, see our ED price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$75.30||Average Broker Recommendation||2.31 (Moderate Sell)|
ED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$95.67||52-week high||$102.21|
|Prev. close||$94.72||52-week low||$78.10|
|Day high||$95.71||Avg. volume||1,879,637|
|50-day MA||$93.02||Dividend yield||3.42%|
|200-day MA||$93.57||Market Cap||33.97B|
Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED) Company Bio
Consolidated Edison, Inc., commonly known as Con Edison (stylized as conEdison) or ConEd, is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, with approximately $12 billion in annual revenues as of 2017, and over $62 billion in assets. The company provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customers through its subsidiaries. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ED Latest Social Stream
View Full ED Social Stream
Latest ED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ED as an investment opportunity.
Want Better Returns? Don't Ignore These 2 Utilities Stocks Set to Beat Earnings
The Zacks Earnings ESP is a great way to find potential earnings surprises. Why investors should take advantage now.
Princeton Identity's Iris-on-the-Move Support's Con Edison's Compliance with CIP Standards for Multi-Factor Authentication
Princeton Identity Inc., provider of the fastest, simplest and most secure biometric security systems on the market, announced today that Consolidated Edison Inc (Con Edison) has deployed Princeton Identity's (PI) Iris-on-the-Move biometric identity solution in compliance with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards. PI's convenient and highly accurate solution is part of Con Edison's multi-layered approach to control and manage physical acce
5 analyst picks of the day: Meta nabs another upgrade | Pro Recap
KeyBanc upgraded Meta Platforms (NASDAQ:META) to Overweight from Sector Weight with a price target of $240.00, noting it now sees the company as a leaner business after the announcement of the second big round of layoffs. This comes just one and two days after Morgan Stanley and Edward Jones upgraded the stock. KeyBanc believes the latest cost-cutting measures, which led to an approximately 10% reduction in the company's 2023 operating expense guidance, along with improvements in CPMs due to a combination of product launches, foreign exchange rates, and better spending practices, will result in an operating margin of at least 31% by 2024.
Con Edison to Attend Investor Meetings in Europe, March 20-24
Consolidated Edison, Inc. ("Con Edison") (NYSE: ED) today announced that its Chairman & CEO Tim Cawley will meet with investors in Europe during the week of March 20-24, 2023.
5 big stock buybacks: Verisk, Con Edison | Pro Recap
Here are 5 biggest share buyback announcements from the past week you may have missed on InvestingPro. Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ:VRSK) announced that it has entered into accelerated share repurchase agreements with each of Citibank, and Goldman Sachs to repurchase an aggregate of $2.5B of the company's common stock. Morgan Stanley said on Thursday it's adding a position to the company, given (1) industry-standard network effects in an attractive industry, (2) attractive valuation after the company’s return to its traditional property and casualty-focused end markets after selling non-core business segments, and (3) from a portfolio perspective, reduces the Model’s volatility and exposure to consumer discretionary while adding exposure to high-quality industrials.
ED Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EDWant to do more research on Consolidated Edison Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Consolidated Edison Inc (ED) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Consolidated Edison Inc (ED) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Consolidated Edison Inc (ED) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...