Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED): Price and Financial Metrics
ED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.14||52-week high||$100.92|
|Prev. close||$90.23||52-week low||$78.10|
|Day high||$90.17||Avg. volume||1,812,551|
|50-day MA||$91.12||Dividend yield||3.57%|
|200-day MA||$93.78||Market Cap||30.40B|
ED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ED POWR Grades
- ED scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 72.13% of US stocks.
- ED's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- ED ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
ED Stock Summary
- ED's went public 37.76 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC's share price is greater than that of merely 1.15% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to ED, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EIX, EQR, CEG, DTE, and O.
- Visit ED's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.conedison.com.
ED Valuation Summary
- ED's price/earnings ratio is 12.7; this is 35.53% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- ED's price/earnings ratio has moved down 2.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ED.
ED Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -6.1%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 25.1%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -8.9%.
The table below shows ED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ED has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 57.09% of graded US stocks.
- ED's asset turnover comes in at 0.211 -- ranking 56th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AEP, SO, and CMS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ED.
The table below shows ED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED) Company Bio
Consolidated Edison, Inc., commonly known as Con Edison (stylized as conEdison) or ConEd, is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, with approximately $12 billion in annual revenues as of 2017, and over $62 billion in assets. The company provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customers through its subsidiaries. (Source:Wikipedia)
ED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ED Latest Social Stream
View Full ED Social Stream
Latest ED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ED as an investment opportunity.
Consolidated Edison's corporate leadership will make a Clean Energy Future presentation from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Tuesday, October 3.
Surging interest rates have made lower-risk investment options like government bonds and bank CDs more attractive. Most of them offer higher-yielding dividends that they appear likely to continue increasing in the future.
During uncertain times, low-beta dividend stocks can offer stability and safety.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Firstly, we'd want to...
Is Consolidated Edison's stock fairly valued? An in-depth exploration of its intrinsic value and financial strength.
ED Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|