Consolidated Edison, Inc. (ED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ED POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where ED ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 67.26% of US stocks.
- ED's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- ED's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 12.65% of US stocks).
ED Stock Summary
- Consolidated Edison Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.73% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Consolidated Edison Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Consolidated Edison Inc's share price is greater than that of only 4.32% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Consolidated Edison Inc are EIX, PCAR, ET, RYAAY, and EMN.
- Visit ED's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.conedison.com.
ED Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, ED's price/sales ratio is 25% lower, now standing at 2.1.
- Over the past 243 months, ED's price/earnings ratio has gone up $8.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ED.
ED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$75.09||52-week high||$83.92|
|Prev. close||$75.19||52-week low||$65.56|
|Day high||$75.38||Avg. volume||2,426,873|
|50-day MA||$77.44||Dividend yield||4.12%|
|200-day MA||$75.00||Market Cap||25.75B|
Consolidated Edison, Inc. (ED) Company Bio
Consolidated Edison engages in regulated electric, gas, and steam delivery businesses to customers in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. The company was founded in 1884 and is based in New York, New York.
ED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ED Latest Social Stream
View Full ED Social Stream
Latest ED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Consolidated Edison Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ED as an investment opportunity.
felixmizioznikov/iStock Editorial via Getty Images NextEra Energy (NEE) has soared more than 400% over the past ten years. That's pretty remarkable for a utility company. Aren't these supposed to be slow-moving behemoths that struggle to grow more than a few percent a year? NextEra Energy has managed to break the...
olli0815/iStock Editorial via Getty Images Consolidated Edison (ED) -1.5% post-market after saying it plans to issue 10.1M common shares in a public offering starting on June 18. The company expects to invest the proceeds in its Consolidated Edison Company of New York utility subsidiary for funding of its construction expenditures...
Consolidated Edison, Inc. ("Con Edison") (NYSE: ED) announced today it has agreed to issue 10,100,000 of its common shares. These common shares are being offered by Barclays under Con Edison's effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "Commission"). The underwriter may offer the common shares in transactions on the New York Stock Exchange LLC, in the over-the-counter market or through negotiated transactions at market prices or at negotiated pr
We've lost count of how many times insiders have accumulated shares in a company that goes on to improve markedly. The...
Con Edison has been ranked the top energy company in the eastern United States when it comes to commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
ED Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|