Edison International (EIX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EIX POWR Grades
- EIX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EIX is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- EIX's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 12.12% of US stocks).
EIX Stock Summary
- EDISON INTERNATIONAL's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of EDISON INTERNATIONAL's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of EDISON INTERNATIONAL's share price is greater than that of just 7.27% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EIX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DTE, ED, AGR, RCI, and ES.
- Visit EIX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.edison.com.
EIX Valuation Summary
- EIX's price/earnings ratio is 48.8; this is 132.38% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- EIX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 47.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EIX.
EIX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -29.57%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -19.02%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -40.62%.
The table below shows EIX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EIX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EIX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.44% of graded US stocks.
- EIX's asset turnover comes in at 0.207 -- ranking 60th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- PCYO, PCG, and VST are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EIX.
The table below shows EIX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EIX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EIX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.31||52-week high||$73.32|
|Prev. close||$61.37||52-week low||$54.98|
|Day high||$62.32||Avg. volume||1,883,186|
|50-day MA||$67.52||Dividend yield||4.57%|
|200-day MA||$66.14||Market Cap||23.39B|
Edison International (EIX) Company Bio
Edison International is a public utility holding company based in Rosemead, California. Its subsidiaries include Southern California Edison, and unregulated non-utility business assets Edison Energy. Edison's roots trace back to Holt & Knupps, a company founded in 1886 as a provider of street lights in Visalia, California. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EIX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EIX Latest Social Stream
View Full EIX Social Stream
Latest EIX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EDISON INTERNATIONAL that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EIX as an investment opportunity.
SCE recommends these tips to keep your air conditioner from working harder than necessary.
Our GHG emissions inventory covers Edison International, SCE and Edison Energy1. We account for GHG emissions using The Climate Registry’s General Reporting Protocol and the sector-specific reporti...
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. In a perfect world, we'd like to...
earnings ratio collapse to seemingly attractive levels, Al Root writes in this week's edition of Barron's. Among cheap stocks that do no deserve to be in the bargain bin are IBM (IBM), CVS Health (CVS), Philip Morris (PM), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY), Conagra Brands (CAG), Dollar Tree (DLTR), Humana (HUM), and UnitedHealth Group (UNH), FMC (FMC), Raytheon Technologies (RTX), NRG Energy (NRG) and Edison International (EIX), the author notes.
Edison International’s life-changing program helps SCE better reflect the diverse communities it serves.
EIX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|