Edison International (EIX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EIX POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where EIX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EIX is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- EIX ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
EIX Stock Summary
- EIX's went public 35.83 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Edison International's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Edison International's share price is greater than that of just 0.42% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Edison International are ED, AGR, ES, EVRG, and ETR.
- EIX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Edison International's official web site, go to www.edison.com.
EIX Valuation Summary
- EIX's price/sales ratio is 1.6; this is 23.81% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, EIX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 36.2.
- EIX's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EIX.
EIX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -136.59%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -104.48%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -42.52%.
The table below shows EIX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EIX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EIX has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 7.18% of graded US stocks.
- EIX's asset turnover comes in at 0.202 -- ranking 60th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- SJW, SWX, and PCYO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EIX.
The table below shows EIX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EIX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EIX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.10||52-week high||$66.68|
|Prev. close||$60.45||52-week low||$53.92|
|Day high||$61.37||Avg. volume||1,916,461|
|50-day MA||$57.81||Dividend yield||4.38%|
|200-day MA||$57.91||Market Cap||23.20B|
Edison International (EIX) Company Bio
Edison International is a public utility primarily engaged in the business of supplying and delivering electricity to customers in Southern California. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Rosemead, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
EIX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EIX Latest Social Stream
View Full EIX Social Stream
Latest EIX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Edison International that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EIX as an investment opportunity.
SCE to Add 535 Megawatts of Energy Storage to Improve Grid Reliability — Resources Are Expected for Summer 2022
ROSEMEAD, Calif., October 21, 2021--To increase grid reliability for next summer, Southern California Edison will add 535 megawatts of battery energy storage at three strategically located SCE substations. This action responds to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s emergency proclamation to accelerate the rapid deployment of new clean energy and storage projects for summer 2021 and 2022. SCE will use land at its existing substations to quickly develop, permit and interconnect the battery storage resources. The
Southern California Edison expands program to improve resiliency during extreme weather and other grid-stressing events.
By Shulie Tornel
National Drive Electric Week is a good time for EV test driving and myth busting.
Pacific Gas & Electric began shutting off power to about 25,000 customers in central and northern California early Monday and Southern California Edison warned it may do the same for 9,000 of its customers as high winds threatened to damage electrical equipment and ignite wildfires.
EIX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|