Eastman Chemical Co. (EMN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EMN POWR Grades
- EMN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 85.25% of US stocks.
- EMN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- EMN's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.77% of US stocks).
EMN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO is higher than it is for about 88.34% of US stocks.
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 22.09%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.07% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO are VJET, CYD, STVN, ASYS, and EVO.
- Visit EMN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.eastman.com.
EMN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, EMN's price/earnings ratio is 21.37% lower, now standing at 9.2.
- EMN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EMN.
EMN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 275.69%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 35.83%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 149.74%.
The table below shows EMN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EMN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EMN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.58% of graded US stocks.
- EMN's asset turnover comes in at 0.582 -- ranking 51st of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- WLK, ASIX, and LYB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EMN.
The table below shows EMN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EMN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EMN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.52||52-week high||$129.48|
|Prev. close||$86.42||52-week low||$69.91|
|Day high||$88.02||Avg. volume||1,144,284|
|50-day MA||$78.40||Dividend yield||3.52%|
|200-day MA||$95.16||Market Cap||10.50B|
Eastman Chemical Co. (EMN) Company Bio
Eastman Chemical Company is an American company primarily involved in the chemical industry. Once a subsidiary of Kodak, today it is an independent global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of advanced materials, chemicals and fibers for everyday purposes. Founded in 1920 and based in Kingsport, Tennessee, the company now has more than 50 manufacturing sites worldwide and employs approximately 14,000 people. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EMN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EMN Latest Social Stream
View Full EMN Social Stream
Latest EMN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EMN as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 14 best chemical stocks to buy now. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Best Chemical Stocks To Buy Now. According to Deloitte, the chemical industry is set to undergo a huge transformation towards sustainability, and the progress that was made in 2022 will […]
Institutional investors may adopt severe steps after Eastman Chemical Company's (NYSE:EMN) latest 5.9% drop adds to a year losses
A look at the shareholders of Eastman Chemical Company ( NYSE:EMN ) can tell us which group is most powerful. And the...
While shareholders of Eastman Chemical (NYSE:EMN) are in the red over the last year, underlying earnings have actually grown
Eastman Chemical Company ( NYSE:EMN ) shareholders should be happy to see the share price up 11% in the last month. But...
Analysts Offer Insights on Materials Companies: Eastman Chemical (EMN) and Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Materials sector as 2 analysts just weighed in on Eastman Chemical (EMN – Research Report) and Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Eastman Chemical (EMN) In a report released today, John Roberts CFA from Credit Suisse maintained a Buy rating on Eastman Chemical, with a price target of $95.00. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $75.56, close to its 52-week low of $69.91. According to TipRanks.
Eastman Chemical (EMN) benefits from actions to improve mix with innovative products and implement price hikes to counter cost inflation in Q3.
EMN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|