Exelon Corp. (EXC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EXC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where EXC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.94% of US stocks.
- EXC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- EXC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
EXC Stock Summary
- EXC has a higher market value than 94.1% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $41,339,668,448.
- Of note is the ratio of EXELON CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that EXC's revenue has grown -30.97% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 6.29% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EXELON CORP are OKE, WEC, SRE, PCG, and ES.
- Visit EXC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.exeloncorp.com.
EXC Valuation Summary
- EXC's EV/EBIT ratio is 19.8; this is 9.17% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- EXC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EXC.
EXC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 24.85%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -5.71%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 163.46%.
The table below shows EXC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EXC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EXC has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 23.01% of graded US stocks.
- EXC's asset turnover comes in at 0.269 -- ranking 32nd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- UGI, NJR, and EPD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EXC.
The table below shows EXC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EXC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EXC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.75||52-week high||$50.71|
|Prev. close||$41.69||52-week low||$35.19|
|Day high||$42.28||Avg. volume||5,409,179|
|50-day MA||$41.90||Dividend yield||3.23%|
|200-day MA||$43.28||Market Cap||41.49B|
Exelon Corp. (EXC) Company Bio
Exelon Corporation is an American Fortune 100 energy company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and incorporated in Pennsylvania. It generates revenues of approximately $33.5 billion and employs approximately 33,400 people. Exelon is the largest electric parent company in the United States by revenue, the largest regulated electric utility in the United States with approximately 10 million customers, and was formerly the largest operator of nuclear power plants in the United States and the largest non-governmental operator of nuclear power plants in the world until the generation sources were spun off into an independent company, Constellation Energy Corp., in 2022. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EXC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EXC Latest Social Stream
View Full EXC Social Stream
Latest EXC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EXELON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EXC as an investment opportunity.
CHICAGO, January 25, 2023--ComEd today announced that municipal and community organizations in northern Illinois can now apply for the 2023 Powering Communities Grants Program, which advances environmental initiatives, enhances public safety and increases access to arts programs in communities ComEd serves. Organizations are encouraged to apply for one of the three annual grant programs: Green Region, Powering Safe Communities, and Powering the Arts. Qualifying proposals are eligible for grants
ComEd Awarded for Two Programs That Make Energy Efficiency Benefits More Accessible to Families and Businesses
CHICAGO, January 24, 2023--The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) has recognized ComEd with a pair of Inspiring Efficiency Awards. The recognition is for the electric company’s efforts to help property owners and tenants save money on electric bills, as well as an education and training that helps diverse contractors build successful businesses in the energy efficiency field.
Exelon Corporation ( NASDAQ:EXC ) shareholders should be happy to see the share price up 12% in the last quarter. Now...
Illinois's Transition to Clean Energy Could Generate 150,000 additional jobs by 2050, New Study Shows
BW Research published the Jobs & Equitable Energy Transition Study, to provide a first-of-its-kind study for Illinois to examine the employment impacts of a transition to a decarbonized energy economy. The study was commissioned by ComEd to better understand the economic and workforce development challenges and opportunities Illinois will face in the transition to decarbonized energy. Building upon recent work BW Research has completed in examining the transition to a low or no carbon economy in
Exelon announces Jane S. Park as senior vice president of Federal Governmental and Regulatory Affairs, and Public Policy
CHICAGO, January 19, 2023--Exelon names Jane Park to the role of senior vice president of Federal Governmental and Regulatory Affairs, and Public Policy for the company.
EXC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|