Flowers Foods, Inc. (FLO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FLO POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where FLO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FLO is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- FLO's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.68% of US stocks).
FLO Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for FLO is 3.07 -- better than 84.78% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, FLO has reported earnings growth of 119.03%, putting it ahead of 86.33% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Flowers Foods Inc's share price is greater than that of only 0.97% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Flowers Foods Inc are CASY, UFPI, AIT, FIX, and WERN.
- Visit FLO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.flowersfoods.com.
FLO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, FLO's price/earnings ratio is 6.98% higher, now standing at 23.
- Over the past 243 months, FLO's price/earnings ratio has gone down $98.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FLO.
FLO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FLO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.55||52-week high||$25.48|
|Prev. close||$24.56||52-week low||$21.55|
|Day high||$24.70||Avg. volume||1,107,530|
|50-day MA||$24.37||Dividend yield||3.42%|
|200-day MA||$23.48||Market Cap||5.20B|
Flowers Foods, Inc. (FLO) Company Bio
Flower Foods is one of the largest producers of fresh packaged bakery foods in the United States. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Thomasville, Georgia.
FLO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Flowers Foods Inc. To summarize, we found that Flowers Foods Inc ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 46.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Flowers Foods Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Flowers Foods Inc over the past 5.77 years is 0.02%; that's better than only 20.31% of cash flow producing equities in the Consumer Defensive sector, where it is classified.
- Flowers Foods Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.72% of tickers in our DCF set.
- FLO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.72% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FLO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FLO Latest Social Stream
View Full FLO Social Stream
Latest FLO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Flowers Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FLO as an investment opportunity.
Flowers Foods (FLO) is focusing on buyouts to expand in untapped markets. However, softness in branded retail and store branded retail categories are a concern.
Flowers Foods (FLO) acquires assets of Koffee Kup Bakery, Inc. to expand presence in the key Northeast market.
Flowers Foods, Inc. (NYSE: FLO), producer of Nature's Own, Dave's Killer Bread, Wonder, Canyon Bakehouse, Tastykake, and other bakery foods, announced today that it has acquired the assets of Koffee Kup Bakery, Inc. (KKB) in Burlington, Vermont from the court-appointed receiver of the assets. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The board of Flowers Foods, Inc. ( NYSE:FLO ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on the 24th of June...
Flowers Foods, Inc. (NYSE:FLO) Stock Is Going Strong But Fundamentals Look Uncertain: What Lies Ahead ?
Flowers Foods' (NYSE:FLO) stock is up by a considerable 10% over the past three months. However, we wonder if the...
FLO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|