Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. de C.V. (FMX): Price and Financial Metrics
FMX Stock Summary
- FMX's current price/earnings ratio is 233.19, which is higher than 96.37% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -91.96%, Mexican Economic Development Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 1.9% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that FMX's revenue has grown -93.62% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 1.08% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FMX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DAVA, Y, MAN, MNRO, and FIVE.
- Visit FMX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.femsa.com.
FMX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FMX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.32||52-week high||$88.05|
|Prev. close||$70.31||52-week low||$52.91|
|Day high||$70.61||Avg. volume||592,757|
|50-day MA||$73.02||Dividend yield||2.18%|
|200-day MA||$65.00||Market Cap||24.45B|
Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. de C.V. (FMX) Company Bio
Fomento Economico Mexicano operates as a bottler of Coca-Cola trademark beverages and a chain of small-format stores. It produces, markets, sells, and distributes Coca-Cola trademark beverages, including sparkling beverages, such as colas and flavored sparkling beverages; waters; and still beverages comprising juice drinks, coffee, teas, milk, value-added dairy products, and isotonic drinks. The company was founded in 1890 and is based in Monterrey, Mexico.
FMX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Mexican Economic Development Inc. To summarize, we found that Mexican Economic Development Inc ranked in the 4th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Mexican Economic Development Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 100% of its capital from equity, and 0% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of 94.93% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 4.02 years, is -0.44% -- higher than just 2.92% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 0% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 3.83% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FMX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FMX Latest Social Stream
View Full FMX Social Stream
Latest FMX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Mexican Economic Development Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FMX as an investment opportunity.
In this article we discuss 10 best beverage stocks to buy now. The beverage industry is going through a consequential shift in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, as companies worldwide scramble to meet the rising demand of liquor, soft drinks, hard seltzer and other beverages in the e-commerce channels. The beverage industry has a […]
FEMSA (FMX) is on track to expand presence in the specialized distribution industry in the United States through the acquisition of two independent businesses in the industry.
MONTERREY, Mexico, Dec. 16, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (“FEMSA”) (NYSE: FMX; BMV: FEMSAUBD) announced today it has reached agreements to acquire two independent specialized distribution businesses in the United States: Southeastern Paper Group, Inc., based in Spartanburg, South Carolina and Southwest Paper Company, Inc., (dba “SWPlus”) based in Wichita, Kansas. Combined revenues of the acquired businesses for the last twelve months as of September 2020, were approximately US$ 380 million. These acquisitions fit well with FEMSA’s strategy of creating a national distribution platform, building on FEMSA’s capabilities and the foundation formed by the merger of WAXIE Sanitary Supply and North American Corporation earlier in the year.The transactions...
Firm of Benjamin Graham disciple releases 3rd-quarter portfolio
MONTERREY, Mexico, Oct. 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (“FEMSA”) (NYSE: FMX; BMV: FEMSAUBD) announced today its operational and financial results for the third quarter of 2020. FINANCIAL SUMMARY FOR THE THIRD QUARTER AND FIRST NINE MONTHS 2020 Change vs. same period last year Revenues Gross Profit Income from Operations Same-Store Sales 3Q20YTD20 3Q20YTD20 3Q20YTD20 3Q20YTD20 FEMSA CONSOLIDATED (3.0%)(2.9%) (0.7%)(1.1%) (10.1%)(15.5%) FEMSA COMERCIO Proximity Division (6.1%)(1.7%) (7.4%)(1.1%) (43.9%)(39.2%) (9.1%)(5.8%) Health Division 6.4%9.0% 10.1%10.4% 42.7%11.4% 7.5%(3.1%) Fuel Division (30.6%)(27.5%) (5.7%)(11.0%) (4.5%)(34.7%) (31.5%)(28.6%) COCA-COLA FEMSA (4.0%)(5.3%) (1.4%)(5.3%) 1.5%(5.6%) Eduardo Pa...
FMX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FMXWant to do more research on Mexican Economic Development Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Mexican Economic Development Inc (FMX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Mexican Economic Development Inc (FMX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Mexican Economic Development Inc (FMX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!