Gladstone Investment Corporation - Business Development Company (GAIN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GAIN POWR Grades
- GAIN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 83.72% of US stocks.
- GAIN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- GAIN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
GAIN Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Gladstone Investment Corporation is higher than it is for about 97.85% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 192.98%, Gladstone Investment Corporation's debt growth rate surpasses 94.28% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, GAIN has reported earnings growth of -1,084.08%, putting it ahead of merely 1.98% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GAIN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PTMN, BROG, MBI, LXP, and ICMB.
- GAIN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Gladstone Investment Corporation's official web site, go to www.gladstoneinvestment.com.
GAIN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, GAIN's price/sales ratio is 525% higher, now standing at 7.5.
- Over the past 196 months, GAIN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone NA NA.
- Over the past 196 months, GAIN's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GAIN.
GAIN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 17.09%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -129.11%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -111.92%.
The table below shows GAIN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GAIN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GAIN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.83% of graded US stocks.
- GAIN's asset turnover comes in at 0.104 -- ranking 201st of 444 Trading stocks.
- OFC, NNN, and LTC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GAIN.
The table below shows GAIN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GAIN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GAIN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.19||52-week high||$17.15|
|Prev. close||$14.93||52-week low||$13.69|
|Day high||$15.24||Avg. volume||116,582|
|50-day MA||$15.71||Dividend yield||6.03%|
|200-day MA||$15.56||Market Cap||504.38M|
Gladstone Investment Corporation - Business Development Company (GAIN) Company Bio
Gladstone Investment Corporation is an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. The Company's investment objectives are to achieve and grow current income by investing in debt securities of established businesses that it believes will provide stable earnings and cash flow to pay expenses, make principal and interest payments on its outstanding indebtedness and make distributions to stockholders that grow over time, and provide its stockholders with long-term capital appreciation in the value of its assets by investing in equity securities. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in McLean, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GAIN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GAIN Latest Social Stream
View Full GAIN Social Stream
Latest GAIN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gladstone Investment Corporation that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GAIN as an investment opportunity.
When markets that have flown so high for so long start to tumble, along with an economy that transitioning, safe stocks are essential.
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) CEO David Gladstone on Q3 2022 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
No summary available.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Gladstone Investment (NASDAQ: GAIN)Q3 2021 Earnings CallFeb 09, 2022, 8:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGreetings, and welcome to Gladstone Investment Corporation's third quarter earnings conference call.
Gladstone Investment Corporation Reports Financial Results for its Third Quarter Ended December 31, 2021
MCLEAN, VA / ACCESSWIRE / February 8, 2022 /Gladstone Investment Corporation (NASDAQ:GAIN) (the "Company") today announced earnings for its third quarter ended December 31, 2021. Please read the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, filed today with the U.
MCLEAN, VA / ACCESSWIRE / February 7, 2022 /Gladstone Investment Corporation (NASDAQ:GAIN) announces the following event:What:Gladstone Investment Corporation's Third Fiscal Quarter Ended December 31, 2021 Earnings Call & Webcast When:Wednesday, February 9, 2022 @ 8:30 a.com/dataconf/productusers/gldinvest/mediaframe/47463/indexl.
GAIN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GAINHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Gladstone Investment Corporation's stock as an investment opportunity:
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch