Gladstone Investment Corporation - Business Development Company (GAIN): Price and Financial Metrics
GAIN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.47||52-week high||$14.92|
|Prev. close||$14.37||52-week low||$12.11|
|Day high||$14.51||Avg. volume||122,965|
|50-day MA||$13.55||Dividend yield||6.64%|
|200-day MA||$13.27||Market Cap||490.48M|
GAIN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GAIN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where GAIN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GAIN is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- GAIN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
GAIN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.42, GLADSTONE INVESTMENT CORPORATION P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 11.6% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For GAIN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.74% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GAIN is more volatile than merely 1.29% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GLADSTONE INVESTMENT CORPORATION, a group of peers worth examining would be FDUS, OFS, ASR, PTMN, and GHI.
- Visit GAIN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gladstoneinvestment.com.
GAIN Valuation Summary
- GAIN's price/earnings ratio is 6.4; this is 32.63% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 224 months, GAIN's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GAIN.
GAIN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 3.65%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -0.95%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.37%.
The table below shows GAIN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GAIN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GAIN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.83% of graded US stocks.
- GAIN's asset turnover comes in at 0.104 -- ranking 201st of 444 Trading stocks.
- OFC, NNN, and LTC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GAIN.
The table below shows GAIN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Gladstone Investment Corporation - Business Development Company (GAIN) Company Bio
Gladstone Investment Corporation is an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. The Company's investment objectives are to achieve and grow current income by investing in debt securities of established businesses that it believes will provide stable earnings and cash flow to pay expenses, make principal and interest payments on its outstanding indebtedness and make distributions to stockholders that grow over time, and provide its stockholders with long-term capital appreciation in the value of its assets by investing in equity securities. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in McLean, Virginia.
GAIN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GAIN Latest Social Stream
View Full GAIN Social Stream
Latest GAIN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GLADSTONE INVESTMENT CORPORATION that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GAIN as an investment opportunity.
Gladstone Investment Corporation (NASDAQ:GAIN) Q2 2024 Earnings Call Transcript November 2, 2023 Operator: Greetings and welcome to the Gladstone Investment Corporation Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call. [Operator Instructions]As a reminder, this conference is being recorded. It is now my pleasure to introduce your host, Mr. David Gladstone, Chief Executive Officer. Please proceed, sir. David Gladstone: […]
Q2 2024 Gladstone Investment Corp Earnings Call
Business development companies (BDCs) often offer impressive dividend yields.
While the top- and bottom-line numbers for Gladstone Investment (GAIN) give a sense of how the business performed in the quarter ended September 2023, it could be worth looking at how some of its key metrics compare to Wall Street estimates and year-ago values.
Net Increase in Net Assets Resulting from Operations Surges by 439.0%
GAIN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GAINHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Gladstone Investment Corporation's stock as an investment opportunity:
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch