Gladstone Investment Corporation - Business Development Company (GAIN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GAIN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where GAIN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.8% of US stocks.
- GAIN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- GAIN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
GAIN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GLADSTONE INVESTMENT CORPORATION's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GLADSTONE INVESTMENT CORPORATION is higher than it is for about 97.99% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GAIN is more volatile than just 11.08% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GLADSTONE INVESTMENT CORPORATION, a group of peers worth examining would be FCRD, MBI, PTMN, BBU, and DKL.
- Visit GAIN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gladstoneinvestment.com.
GAIN Valuation Summary
- GAIN's price/sales ratio is 5.8; this is 107.14% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 210 months, GAIN's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GAIN.
GAIN Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 22.27%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 35.47%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 11.85%.
The table below shows GAIN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GAIN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GAIN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.83% of graded US stocks.
- GAIN's asset turnover comes in at 0.104 -- ranking 201st of 444 Trading stocks.
- OFC, NNN, and LTC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GAIN.
The table below shows GAIN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GAIN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GAIN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.10||52-week high||$17.15|
|Prev. close||$11.96||52-week low||$11.77|
|Day high||$12.67||Avg. volume||116,599|
|50-day MA||$14.36||Dividend yield||7.44%|
|200-day MA||$15.14||Market Cap||401.84M|
Gladstone Investment Corporation - Business Development Company (GAIN) Company Bio
Gladstone Investment Corporation is an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company. The Company's investment objectives are to achieve and grow current income by investing in debt securities of established businesses that it believes will provide stable earnings and cash flow to pay expenses, make principal and interest payments on its outstanding indebtedness and make distributions to stockholders that grow over time, and provide its stockholders with long-term capital appreciation in the value of its assets by investing in equity securities. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in McLean, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GAIN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GAIN Latest Social Stream
View Full GAIN Social Stream
Latest GAIN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GLADSTONE INVESTMENT CORPORATION that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GAIN as an investment opportunity.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Gladstone Investment (NASDAQ: GAIN)Q1 2022 Earnings CallAug 04, 2022, 8:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGreetings.
Gladstone Investment Corporation Reports Financial Results for its First Quarter Ended June 30, 2022
Gladstone Investment Corporation (Nasdaq:GAIN) (the "Company") today announced earnings for its first quarter ended June 30, 2022. Please read the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, filed today with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), which is available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov or the investors section of the Company's website at www.gladstoneinvestment.com.
/ Gladstone Investment Corporation (NASDAQ:GAIN) announces the following event:
Apollo Investment (AINV) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Gladstone Investment (GAIN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
GAIN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GAINHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Gladstone Investment Corporation's stock as an investment opportunity:
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch