Genie Energy Ltd. Class B Stock (GNE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNE POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GNE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.45% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GNE is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GNE's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 50.69% of US stocks).
GNE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of GENIE ENERGY LTD's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.9% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for GENIE ENERGY LTD is higher than it is for about just 0.48% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, GNE has reported earnings growth of 1,086.49%, putting it ahead of 98.26% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENIE ENERGY LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be XTNT, BBCP, RBA, IIIN, and REX.
- Visit GNE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.genie.com.
GNE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, GNE's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 1.
- GNE's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 135 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNE.
GNE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -20.38%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -21.3%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 163.77%.
The table below shows GNE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GNE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GNE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.94% of graded US stocks.
- GNE's asset turnover comes in at 2.426 -- ranking 1st of 105 Utilities stocks.
- POR, HE, and AWR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GNE.
The table below shows GNE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GNE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.40||52-week high||$11.59|
|Prev. close||$11.29||52-week low||$4.99|
|Day high||$11.48||Avg. volume||74,880|
|50-day MA||$10.34||Dividend yield||2.66%|
|200-day MA||$9.24||Market Cap||295.11M|
Genie Energy Ltd. Class B Stock (GNE) Company Bio
Genie Energy Ltd. operates as a retail energy provider and an oil and gas exploration company. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in Newark, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
GNE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNE Latest Social Stream
View Full GNE Social Stream
Latest GNE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENIE ENERGY LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNE as an investment opportunity.
Genie Solar Achieves Notice to Proceed with Construction of Its First Company-Owned, Community Solar Generation Project
Genie Energy Ltd., (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA), a leading retail energy and renewable energy solutions provider, provided an update on two company-owned community solar projects totaling 10 megawatts of generation capacity.
Sidoti & Company, LLC has released the presentation schedule and weblinks for its two-day December Small-Cap Conference taking place Wednesday and Thursday, December 7-8, 2022.
Genie Energy Ltd., (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA), a global provider of energy services, today announced that Avi Goldin, Genie's chief financial officer, will present at the Sidoti December Small-Cap Virtual Conference on Thursday, December 8 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
Genie Energy Ltd., (NYSE: GNE, GNEPRA), a leading retail energy and renewable energy solutions provider, announced today that it has acquired a portfolio of residential and small commercial customer contracts from Mega Energy.
With possibly choppy waters ahead in the global economy, investors may want to seek shelter in utility stocks to buy.
GNE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|