Genie Energy Ltd. Class B Stock (GNE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GNE POWR Grades
- GNE scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94.19% of US stocks.
- GNE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- GNE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
GNE Stock Summary
- For GNE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by just 0.5% of US equities we're observing.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.4, Genie Energy Ltd has a higher such ratio than only 6.09% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -100%, Genie Energy Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses only 0% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Genie Energy Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be CVR, TITN, GENC, ECHO, and MRTN.
- GNE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Genie Energy Ltd's official web site, go to www.genie.com.
GNE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, GNE's EV/EBIT ratio is 49.66% lower, now standing at 11.1.
- Over the past 115 months, GNE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GNE.
GNE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GNE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.16||52-week high||$9.60|
|Prev. close||$6.23||52-week low||$5.51|
|Day high||$6.39||Avg. volume||96,895|
|50-day MA||$6.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.60||Market Cap||161.48M|
Genie Energy Ltd. Class B Stock (GNE) Company Bio
Genie Energy Ltd. operates as a retail energy provider and an oil and gas exploration company. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in Newark, New Jersey.
GNE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Genie Energy Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Genie Energy Ltd ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 818.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Genie Energy Ltd, consider:
- GNE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 63.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Utilities), Genie Energy Ltd has a reliance on debt greater than just 0% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GNE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GNE Latest Social Stream
View Full GNE Social Stream
Latest GNE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Genie Energy Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GNE as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK , June 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- InvestorsObserver issues critical PriceWatch Alerts for AMC, TELL, CLOV, NGL, and GE. Full story available on Benzinga.com
General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE ) announced on Wednesday its partnership with Ares Management Corporation (NYSE: ARES ) has been updated to include a 302MW agreement with Lincoln Land Wind. The deal, which will be completed by year-end 2021, includes 107 GE 2.82-127 turbines and a 20-year full-service agreement. Over the past 12 months, General Electric and Ares Management have announced over 800MW together as the companies work to transition toward sustainable and renewable energy. Also on Wednesday, Barclays raised its price target on General Electric to $16 and maintained an overweight rating. General Electric’s stock had a 136% meteoric rise between October 2020 and March 2021 … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Photo by Oranat Taesuwan/iStock via Getty ImagesGenie Energy (GNE) had a record first quarter in revenue, despite setbacks from the Texas winter storm. On an adjusted basis, the company would have income from operations and Adjusted EBITDA. The company has an attractive value chart with limited downside risk and much...
Would Shareholders Who Purchased Genie Energy's (NYSE:GNE) Stock Year Be Happy With The Share price Today?
The simplest way to benefit from a rising market is to buy an index fund. Active investors aim to buy stocks that...
Darryl Wilson and Robert Pragada Elected to Eaton's Board of Directors; Michael J. Critelli Retires From the Board
Power management company Eaton (NYSE: ETN ) today announced that Darryl Wilson and Robert (Bob) Pragada have been elected to the company's Board of Directors effective April 28, 2021. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210428006102/en/ Darryl Wilson (Photo: Business Wire) Wilson is the founder, chairman and president of The Wilson Collective, a business advisory and investment firm that invests in startup companies and provides advisory services to clients in the power generation, industrial, material supply and consumer segments. Prior to founding the organization in 2018, Wilson worked for more than 25 years in global leadership roles at General Electric Company. During that time, he held a number of leadership ...
GNE Price Returns