HCI Group, Inc. (HCI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HCI POWR Grades
- HCI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 71.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HCI is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- HCI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 21.98% of US stocks).
HCI Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 4.65 for HCI Group Inc; that's greater than it is for 76.15% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that HCI's revenue has grown 47.51% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 88.35% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of HCI Group Inc's share price is greater than that of 76.38% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HCI Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CAMP, BVH, ATKR, INFN, and FLUX.
- Visit HCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hcigroup.com.
HCI Valuation Summary
- HCI's price/earnings ratio is 24.8; this is 104.96% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- HCI's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 156 months.
- HCI's price/earnings ratio has moved up 19.6 over the prior 156 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HCI.
HCI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -4.15%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 296.69%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 6.16%.
The table below shows HCI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$101.55||52-week high||$103.44|
|Prev. close||$102.29||52-week low||$44.29|
|Day high||$103.44||Avg. volume||95,027|
|50-day MA||$91.85||Dividend yield||1.59%|
|200-day MA||$69.29||Market Cap||861.45M|
HCI Group, Inc. (HCI) Company Bio
HCI Group provides property and casualty insurance products in Florida. The company provides property and casualty insurance to homeowners, condominium owners, and tenants; and reinsurance. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Tampa, Florida.
HCI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for HCI Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that HCI Group Inc ranked in the 53th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for HCI Group Inc ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.76 years, is -0.02% -- higher than just 20.24% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- HCI Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.28% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, HCI Group Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 78.61% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HCI Latest Social Stream
View Full HCI Social Stream
Latest HCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HCI Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HCI as an investment opportunity.
HCI Group (HCI) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
TAMPA, Fla., July 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The board of directors of HCI Group, Inc. (NYSE:HCI), a holding company with operations in homeowners insurance, software development, and real estate, has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend in the amount of 40 cents per common share for the third quarter of 2021. The dividend will be paid September 17, 2021 to shareholders of record at the close of business August 20, 2021. About HCI Group, Inc.HCI Group, Inc. owns subsidiaries engaged in d
TAMPA, Fla., July 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HCI Group, Inc. (NYSE:HCI) , a holding company with operations in homeowners insurance, software development, and real estate, will hold a conference call on Thursday, August 5, 2021, at 4:45 p.m. Eastern time to discuss results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. Financial results will be issued in a press release after the close of the market on the same day.
NMI Holdings (NMIH) is well poised for growth on increase in size of investment portfolio, new customer account activations and solid capital position.
It's only natural that many investors, especially those who are new to the game, prefer to buy shares in 'sexy' stocks...
HCI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|