Home Depot, Inc. (The) (HD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HD POWR Grades
- HD scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.34% of US stocks.
- HD's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 201 days.
- HD's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 24.11% of US stocks).
HD Stock Summary
- HD has a higher market value than 99.64% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $356,143,762,183.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HD is 40.05 -- better than 99.39% of US stocks.
- HD's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 99.91% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DELL, LNG, BAC, MAR, and MA.
- HD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Home Depot Inc's official web site, go to www.homedepot.com.
HD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$317.00||52-week high||$345.69|
|Prev. close||$330.66||52-week low||$226.20|
|Day high||$328.80||Avg. volume||4,476,571|
|50-day MA||$305.58||Dividend yield||2%|
|200-day MA||$282.60||Market Cap||340.85B|
Home Depot, Inc. (The) (HD) Company Bio
Home Depot operates as a home improvement retailer, selling various building materials, home improvement products, and lawn and garden products, as well as provide installation, home maintenance, and professional service programs to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me, and professional customers. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
HD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Home Depot Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Home Depot Inc ranked in the 44th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HD, they are:
- HD's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 30.7% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Home Depot Inc has a reliance on debt greater than merely 21.19% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HD Latest Social Stream
View Full HD Social Stream
Latest HD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Home Depot Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HD as an investment opportunity.
Home Depot ([[HD]] -3.2%), Lowe's ([[LOW]] -2.8%), Walmart ([[WMT]] -1.0%), TJX Companies ([[TJX]] -1.4%) and Target ([[TGT]] -2.1%) all traded lower today in front of next week's earnings reports. Investors may be showing some anxiety over what the cadence will be from the retail giants with gas prices now moving...
On CNBC's "Fast Money Halftime Report," Jim Lebenthal said he owns Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE: HD), but he is not adding to the position …
Stocks continued to trade in choppy fashion on Tuesday, sending popular stock indexes down more than 2% at their worst levels of the day. The Dow has been outperforming the Nasdaq recently, so it was surprising to see that dynamic reverse itself. Much of the decline in the Dow came from just a small number of stocks.
The Dow Jones fell in today's market and led on the downside as stocks extend losses. The tech-heavy Nasdaq continued lower below its key 50-day line.
Home Depot Inc, the largest home improvement retailer in the United States, is expected to report its first-quarter earnings of $2.99 per share, which represents year-over-year growth of about 44% from $2.08 per share seen in the same period a year ago.
HD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|