Home Depot Inc. (HD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HD POWR Grades
- HD scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 86.52% of US stocks.
- HD's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- HD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
HD Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $328,305,607,213, Home Depot Inc has a greater market value than 99.55% of US stocks.
- Home Depot Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 0.28% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 91.33 for Home Depot Inc; that's greater than it is for 99.62% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Home Depot Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BAC, MA, PG, CVX, and KO.
- Visit HD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.homedepot.com.
HD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, HD's price/sales ratio is 71.43% higher, now standing at 2.4.
- HD's price/earnings ratio has moved down 18.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, HD's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 7.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HD.
HD Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 141.62%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 9.94%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 28.05%.
The table below shows HD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.73% of graded US stocks.
- HD's asset turnover comes in at 2.057 -- ranking 45th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BNED, WBA, and BLDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HD.
The table below shows HD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$279.08||52-week high||$420.61|
|Prev. close||$274.27||52-week low||$264.51|
|Day high||$280.75||Avg. volume||4,877,606|
|50-day MA||$292.16||Dividend yield||2.72%|
|200-day MA||$340.71||Market Cap||286.83B|
Home Depot Inc. (HD) Company Bio
Home Depot operates as a home improvement retailer, selling various building materials, home improvement products, and lawn and garden products, as well as provide installation, home maintenance, and professional service programs to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me, and professional customers. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
HD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HD Latest Social Stream
View Full HD Social Stream
Latest HD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Home Depot Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HD as an investment opportunity.
When a stock sells off, buying the dip can be a rather binary gamble. Either the stock is oversold and could bounce, or the decline is justified and the stock is fundamentally impacted. In the case of The Home Depot, Inc. (HD), many analysts see it as the former. The home improvement retailer recently posted mixed earnings results, and coupled with an unfavorable consumer retail report, saw its shares sell off more than 8% on Tuesday. The fact that the broader market sunk lower along with news of an impending Russian invasion into Ukraine didn’t help matters, either. Now that the dust has cleared, bullish hypotheses are forming.
The retailer is targeting roughly flat sales this year after adding $40 billion to its footprint since 2019.
Thursday’s Top Analysts Upgrades and Downgrades: Caesars Entertainment, Chevron, Exact Sciences, Exxon Mobil, Gap, Ginkgo Bioworks, Home Depot, New York Mortgage Trust, Novavax, NOV, SoFi Technologies and More
Thursday''s top analyst upgrades and downgrades included Caesars Entertainment, Chevron, Exact Sciences, Exxon Mobil, Gap, Ginkgo Bioworks, Home Depot, New York Mortgage Trust, Novavax, NOV and SoFi Technologies.
The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced the appointment of Paula Santilli, CEO of PepsiCo Latin America, and Caryn Seidman-Becker, chair and CEO of CLEAR, to its board of directors, effective March 1, 2022. Following the appointment of Santilli and Seidman-Becker, The Home Depot will have 14 directors.
Lowe's beat expectations in the most recent quarter and expressed confidence that shoppers will continue to spend on fixing up their homes going forward
HD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|