Home Depot Inc. (HD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HD POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where HD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.91% of US stocks.
- HD's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- HD's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 17.59% of US stocks).
HD Stock Summary
- HOME DEPOT INC's market capitalization of $287,252,707,308 is ahead of 99.56% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for HD is 100.77 -- better than 99.78% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 220.25 for HOME DEPOT INC; that's greater than it is for 99.85% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to HOME DEPOT INC are COST, MA, KO, WMT, and CL.
- Visit HD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.homedepot.com.
HD Valuation Summary
- HD's price/earnings ratio is 16.8; this is 30.23% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- HD's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HD.
HD Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 59.76%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 51.54%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -5.61%.
The table below shows HD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 89.73% of graded US stocks.
- HD's asset turnover comes in at 2.057 -- ranking 45th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BNED, WBA, and BLDR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HD.
The table below shows HD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HD Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of HD, see our HD price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$345.52||Average Broker Recommendation||1.58 (Moderate Buy)|
HD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$280.82||52-week high||$347.25|
|Prev. close||$281.27||52-week low||$264.51|
|Day high||$283.29||Avg. volume||3,882,813|
|50-day MA||$304.96||Dividend yield||2.95%|
|200-day MA||$300.50||Market Cap||285.02B|
Home Depot Inc. (HD) Company Bio
Home Depot operates as a home improvement retailer, selling various building materials, home improvement products, and lawn and garden products, as well as provide installation, home maintenance, and professional service programs to do-it-yourself, do-it-for-me, and professional customers. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
HD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HD Latest Social Stream
View Full HD Social Stream
Latest HD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HOME DEPOT INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HD as an investment opportunity.
Home Depot's Charts Reveal a DIY Downtrend
Home improvement retailer Home Depot has struggled to overcome chart resistance in the $330-$340 area the past 12 months, but now prices are looking to retest the support in the $270 area. A break of this chart support could precipitate further declines.
The Home Depot Foundation Commits Up to $200,000 To Support Communities Devastated by Tornado Outbreak
The Home Depot
CIBC introduces additional Canadian Depositary Receipts ("CDRs")
CIBC today announced the addition of six new Canadian Depositary Receipts ("CDRs"), now listed on the NEO Exchange.
Better Buy: Target vs. Home Depot
These two retail stocks might seem similar, but when you delve deeper, one has a clear edge over the other.
Should You Buy This Magnificent Value Stock Right Now?
Decades-high inflation and rapidly rising interest rates crushed the market in 2022 as investors soured on speculative stocks in favor of safer assets. Many of these businesses are trading well below their peaks -- among them, home improvement retailer Home Depot (NYSE: HD). Home Depot shares hit an all-time high price of $403.11 in December 2021, but since then, the stock is down 32%.
HD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HDHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Home Depot Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Home Depot Inc (HD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Home Depot Inc (HD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Home Depot Inc (HD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...