HDFC Bank Limited (HDB): Price and Financial Metrics
HDB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.01||52-week high||$71.76|
|Prev. close||$59.13||52-week low||$55.22|
|Day high||$59.58||Avg. volume||1,735,716|
|50-day MA||$64.30||Dividend yield||0.99%|
|200-day MA||$66.60||Market Cap||109.75B|
HDB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HDB POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where HDB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.67% of US stocks.
- HDB's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- HDB ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
HDB Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for HDB is currently 0.23, higher than only 1.22% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The volatility of HDFC BANK LTD's share price is greater than that of merely 1.67% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for HDB comes in at -866.96% -- higher than that of just 0.53% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HDB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ELV, BKNG, MDLZ, TJX, and LOW.
- Visit HDB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hdfcbank.com.
HDFC Bank Limited (HDB) Company Bio
HDFC Bank provides a range of banking and financial services to individuals and businesses in India, Bahrain, Hong Kong, and Dubai. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Mumbai, India.
HDB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HDB Latest Social Stream
View Full HDB Social Stream
Latest HDB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HDFC BANK LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HDB as an investment opportunity.
HDFC Bank Ltd. recorded a minor increase in its share price on Monday, as each share rose by 0.16% to reach a value of 1,531.70 Indian rupees ($20.78). This comes amidst a generally positive trading environment where the S&P BSE Sensex Index also experienced a marginal rise of 0.02%, ending the trading session at 66,023.69.
HDFC Bank, India's third most valuable stock, has seen a significant decrease in its share price over the past week. The bank's shares dropped 7.98% to ₹1,529.20 each by Friday from ₹1,661.90 on the previous Thursday. This fall equates to a decline of approximately ₹99,835 crore in market capitalization, bringing the bank's total market cap to ₹11,59,154.60 crore (INR100 crore = approx. $12 million).
India's largest private sector bank, HDFC Bank Ltd., experienced a significant fall in its share value this Wednesday. The bank's shares dropped as much as 4.2%, marking the bank as the weakest performer on the NIFTY 50 Index for the day. This steep decline follows a downgrade by Nomura Holdings (NYSE:NMR) Inc., which was prompted by a revision in the bank's business valuation post its merger with parent company, HDFC Ltd., in July.
Indian primary stock indices witnessed a significant downturn on Wednesday, following the global trend of weakening markets. The Nifty 50 index dropped below the 20,000 mark, primarily driven by sharp declines in heavyweight stocks such as Reliance Industries and HDFC Bank.
BENGALURU (Reuters) -India's top private lender HDFC Bank has warned that its merger with HDFC Ltd would hit key financial metrics including its margins and bad loan ratios, sending shares down 4% on Wednesday and dragging the blue-chip Nifty 50. HDFC Bank's gross bad loan ratio is expected to have increased to 1.4% as of July 1 post-merger, from a standalone 1.2% in the June quarter, while excess liquidity from the merger is seen dragging the lender's net interest margins down about 25 basis points. HDFC Bank is expected to report its first consolidated earnings next month, though a date has not been announced yet.
HDB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|