Hess Corp. (HES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HES POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HES ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HES is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- HES ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
HES Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $33,356,495,372, Hess Corp has a greater market value than 91.66% of US stocks.
- Hess Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Hess Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 6.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HES, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CLR, FANG, AA, DLR, and MRO.
- Visit HES's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hess.com.
HES Valuation Summary
- HES's price/sales ratio is 3.5; this is 133.33% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HES's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
- Over the past 243 months, HES's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 40.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HES.
HES Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -35.34%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -41.52%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -16.96%.
The table below shows HES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HES has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.13% of graded US stocks.
- HES's asset turnover comes in at 0.353 -- ranking 76th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CRK, SWN, and ESTE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HES.
The table below shows HES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$105.39||52-week high||$131.43|
|Prev. close||$105.94||52-week low||$61.93|
|Day high||$107.90||Avg. volume||2,803,514|
|50-day MA||$113.32||Dividend yield||1.42%|
|200-day MA||$95.01||Market Cap||32.80B|
Hess Corp. (HES) Company Bio
Hess Corporation (formerly Amerada Hess Corporation) is an American global independent energy company involved in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. It was formed by the merger of Hess Oil and Chemical and Amerada Petroleum in 1968. Leon Hess served as CEO from the early 1960s through 1995, after which his son John B Hess succeeded him as chairman and CEO. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HES Latest Social Stream
View Full HES Social Stream
Latest HES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hess Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HES as an investment opportunity.
Hess (HES) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
No summary available.
One of the best investments we can make is in our own knowledge and skill set. With that in mind, this article will...
Partners at the prolific ExxonMobil-operated Stabroek Block offshore Guyana have begun production from their Liza Phase 2 development, using a second FPSO vessel called Liza Unity, ExxonMobil and Hess Corp. said separately Feb. 11. No information was immediately available on the initial volume of barrels produced. The Liza Unity, moored in water depths of around 1,650 meters, is expected to
Production at the Liza Unity FPSO vessel is expected to reach 220,000 bbl/d of oil later this year, Exxon Mobil said. The first production unit, Liza Destiny, is pumping 120,000 bbl/d.
HES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|