Hess Corporation (HES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HES POWR Grades
- HES scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.61% of US stocks.
- HES's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- HES's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 7.24% of US stocks).
HES Stock Summary
- Hess Corp's market capitalization of $27,099,480,030 is ahead of 89.92% of US-listed equities.
- HES's went public 35.83 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Hess Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.76% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hess Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be MRO, NEM, TECK, OXY, and AA.
- Visit HES's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hess.com.
HES Valuation Summary
- HES's price/sales ratio is 3.5; this is 133.33% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HES's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
- Over the past 243 months, HES's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 40.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HES.
HES Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 129.4%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 26.35%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 94.25%.
The table below shows HES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HES has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.25% of graded US stocks.
- HES's asset turnover comes in at 0.322 -- ranking 78th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- GDP, ROYL, and CRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HES.
The table below shows HES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.50||52-week high||$92.79|
|Prev. close||$88.64||52-week low||$34.82|
|Day high||$91.01||Avg. volume||2,129,832|
|50-day MA||$76.08||Dividend yield||1.13%|
|200-day MA||$74.48||Market Cap||27.41B|
Hess Corporation (HES) Company Bio
Hess Corporation develops, produces, purchases, transports, and sells crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
HES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HES Latest Social Stream
View Full HES Social Stream
Latest HES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hess Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HES as an investment opportunity.
Hess' (HES) production is likely to have declined year over year in the third quarter.
Price Michael F lowered its position in Hess Co. (NYSE:HES) by 35.4% in the 2nd quarter, HoldingsChannel.com reports. The institutional investor owned 18,282 shares of the oil and gas producers stock after selling 10,000 shares during the quarter. Price Michael Fs holdings in Hess were worth $1,596,000 at the end of the most recent quarter. 
Hess (HES) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Before we spend countless hours researching a company, we like to analyze what insiders, hedge funds and billionaire investors think of the stock first. This is a necessary first step in our investment process because our research has shown that the elite investors’ consensus returns have been exceptional. In the following paragraphs, we find out […]
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
HES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|