Hess Corporation (HES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HES POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where HES ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- HES's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 157 days.
- HES ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
HES Stock Summary
- HES's went public 36.07 years ago, making it older than 92.74% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 144.3, Hess Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 95.62% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Hess Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5.99% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Hess Corp are FANG, CPT, SUI, WCN, and VTR.
- HES's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hess Corp's official web site, go to www.hess.com.
HES Valuation Summary
- HES's price/sales ratio is 3.5; this is 133.33% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HES's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
- Over the past 243 months, HES's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 40.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HES.
HES Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 4.6%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -41.52%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 4.6%.
The table below shows HES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HES has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.13% of graded US stocks.
- HES's asset turnover comes in at 0.353 -- ranking 76th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CRK, SWN, and ESTE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HES.
The table below shows HES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$91.78||52-week high||$93.37|
|Prev. close||$90.61||52-week low||$53.43|
|Day high||$92.28||Avg. volume||2,635,470|
|50-day MA||$79.49||Dividend yield||1.09%|
|200-day MA||$78.87||Market Cap||28.43B|
Hess Corporation (HES) Company Bio
Hess Corporation develops, produces, purchases, transports, and sells crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas. The company was founded in 1920 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
HES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HES Latest Social Stream
View Full HES Social Stream
Latest HES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hess Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HES as an investment opportunity.
Analysts Offer Insights on Utilities Companies: CNX Resources (CNX), Hess (HES) and Phillips 66 (PSX)
Companies in the Utilities sector have received a lot of coverage today as analysts weigh in on CNX Resources (CNX – Research Report), Hess (HES – Research Report) and Phillips 66 (PSX – Research Report). CNX Resources (CNX) J.P. Morgan analyst Zach Parham maintained a Hold rating on CNX Resources yesterday and set a price target of $17.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $15.20, close to its 52-week high of $16.08. According to TipRanks.
Dallas, TX, based Investment company Adams Asset Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys ViacomCBS Inc, Altria Group Inc, AT&T Inc, British American Tobacco PLC, NIO Inc, sells Wells Fargo, Pfizer Inc, Hess Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Adams Asset Advisors, LLC.
Hess (NYSE:HES) shares closed +5.4% in today's trading after CEO John Hess said today that the company will announce a "meaningful" dividend increase this year as it starts to prioritize returning capital to shareholders. After investing to build its portfolio for the last several years, "we will go from the investment...
Hess Corp will announce a "meaningful" dividend growth this year as it starts to prioritize returning capital to shareholders over business investments, Chief Executive John Hess said on Thursday. Oil companies have been raising cash distribution programs to lure investors amid pressure over the transition to cleaner energy. Hess has been investing to build its portfolio for the last several years, with 2022 being the year "we will go from the investment mode to the return of capital mode," the CEO said during a webcast presentation.
The oil and gas industry faced plenty of uncertainty last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this uncertainty seems to be abating as Brent crude hit a high of $80 per barrel yesterday, its highest since November, according to Reuters. This was after a meeting of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC+), where these countries agreed to stick to increasing their oil production from February. Global trends seemed to indicate that oil demand is unlikely to be impacted by the new variant of the COVID-19, Omicron.
HES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|