Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (HIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HIG POWR Grades
- HIG scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 95.85% of US stocks.
- HIG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- HIG's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 48.33% of US stocks).
HIG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $19,592,122,378, HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC has a greater market value than 90.41% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, HIG is more volatile than just 4.7% of stocks we're observing.
- HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 12.18%, greater than the shareholder yield of 84.62% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC are LUV, ATR, PB, CIVB, and CFG.
- HIG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.thehartford.com.
HIG Valuation Summary
- HIG's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 67.86% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HIG's price/earnings ratio has gone down 10.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HIG.
HIG Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 7.27%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 2.55%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 22.1%.
The table below shows HIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HIG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.27% of graded US stocks.
- HIG's asset turnover comes in at 0.293 -- ranking 57th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KMPR, KFS, and AGO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HIG.
The table below shows HIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.94||52-week high||$78.17|
|Prev. close||$62.65||52-week low||$60.17|
|Day high||$63.15||Avg. volume||1,984,357|
|50-day MA||$65.32||Dividend yield||2.49%|
|200-day MA||$68.52||Market Cap||20.02B|
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (HIG) Company Bio
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., usually known as The Hartford, is a United States-based investment and insurance company. The Hartford is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in its namesake city of Hartford, Connecticut. It was ranked 160th in Fortune 500 in the year of 2020. The company's earnings are divided between property-and-casualty operations, group benefits and mutual funds. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HIG Latest Social Stream
View Full HIG Social Stream
Latest HIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HARTFORD FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HIG as an investment opportunity.
Multiline insurers like MetLife (MET), Prudential Financial (PRU), The Hartford Financial (HIG), Old Republic International (ORI) and Radian Group (RDN), which have an impressive dividend history, offer a breather amid volatility.
E ratio of 10.69.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does The Hartford (HIG) have what it takes? Let's find out.
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.'s (NYSE:HIG) Stock Has Been Sliding But Fundamentals Look Strong: Is The Market Wrong?
It is hard to get excited after looking at Hartford Financial Services Group's (NYSE:HIG) recent performance, when its...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
HIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HIGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch