Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (HIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HIG POWR Grades
- HIG scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 95.53% of US stocks.
- HIG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- HIG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 58th percentile.
HIG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $24,336,244,826, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc has a greater market value than 89.39% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Hartford Financial Services Group Inc is higher than only 21.06% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's share price is greater than that of only 9.76% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Hartford Financial Services Group Inc are RF, IP, NWSA, VIV, and LUV.
- Visit HIG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thehartford.com.
HIG Valuation Summary
- HIG's price/earnings ratio is 10.8; this is 1.82% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HIG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- HIG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 4.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HIG.
HIG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 10.99%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 17.46%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 5.8%.
The table below shows HIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HIG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.27% of graded US stocks.
- HIG's asset turnover comes in at 0.293 -- ranking 57th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KMPR, KFS, and AGO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HIG.
The table below shows HIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.79||52-week high||$78.17|
|Prev. close||$67.44||52-week low||$59.86|
|Day high||$68.25||Avg. volume||2,128,364|
|50-day MA||$71.33||Dividend yield||2.31%|
|200-day MA||$70.28||Market Cap||21.96B|
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (HIG) Company Bio
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., usually known as The Hartford, is a United States-based investment and insurance company. The Hartford is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in its namesake city of Hartford, Connecticut. It was ranked 160th in Fortune 500 in the year of 2020. The company's earnings are divided between property-and-casualty operations, group benefits and mutual funds. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
HIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HIG Latest Social Stream
View Full HIG Social Stream
Latest HIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hartford Financial Services Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HIG as an investment opportunity.
AM Best Assigns Indicative Issue Credit Ratings to The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.’s New Shelf Registration
OLDWICK, N.J., February 24, 2022--AM Best has assigned indicative Long-Term Issue Credit Ratings of "a-" (Excellent) to senior unsecured issues, "bbb+" (Good) to senior subordinated issues, and "bbb" (Good) to both junior subordinated and preferred stock to the recently filed shelf registration of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (The Hartford) (Delaware) [NYSE: HIG]. The outlook assigned to these Credit Ratings (ratings) is stable. Concurrently, AM Best has withdrawn the ratings on t
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
Death-benefit claims not tied directly to Covid-19 rose last year, and insurance executives think the deferral of medical treatment during the pandemic was a contributing factor.
In this article, we discuss the 10 stocks to consider in the portfolio of Ro Khanna. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Ro Khanna Stock Portfolio: 5 Stocks To Consider. Rohit Khanna, also called “Ro” Khanna, is a Pennsylvania-born lawyer, politician and academic. He is a member […]
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does The Hartford (HIG) have what it takes? Let's find out.
HIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HIGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch