Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (The) (HIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HIG POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where HIG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 66.56% of US stocks.
- HIG's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- HIG ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
HIG Stock Summary
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's market capitalization of $23,574,606,924 is ahead of 89.54% of US-listed equities.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Hartford Financial Services Group Inc is higher than just 18.52% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 1.13, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc has a higher such ratio than only 22.05% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hartford Financial Services Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be IP, TU, J, CHT, and MTB.
- Visit HIG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thehartford.com.
HIG Valuation Summary
HIG's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 15.38% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HIG.
HIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.12||52-week high||$69.94|
|Prev. close||$64.88||52-week low||$34.69|
|Day high||$65.44||Avg. volume||2,923,441|
|50-day MA||$66.25||Dividend yield||2.15%|
|200-day MA||$51.66||Market Cap||23.26B|
Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (The) (HIG) Company Bio
Hartford Financial provides insurance and financial services to individual and business customers primarily in the United States. The companys Commercial Lines segment offers workers compensation, property, automobile, marine, umbrella, liability, and livestock coverages, as well as customized insurance products and risk management services, including professional liability, bond, and specialty casualty coverages. Its Personal Lines segment provides standard automobile, homeowners, and personal umbrella coverages to individuals. The company was founded in 1810 and is based in Hartford, Connecticut.
HIG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Hartford Financial Services Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Hartford Financial Services Group Inc ranked in the 71th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 117%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Hartford Financial Services Group Inc ended up being:
- As a business, HIG is generating more cash flow than 91.37% of positive cash flow stocks in the Financial Services.
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 24.3% of tickers in our DCF set.
- HIG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 24.3% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HIG Latest Social Stream
View Full HIG Social Stream
Latest HIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hartford Financial Services Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HIG as an investment opportunity.
The Hartford has named Adrien Robinson as head of Global Specialty, reporting to Doug Elliot, president of The Hartford. Robinson succeeds Vincent Tizzio, who has made a personal decision to leave the company.
Below we share with you three top-ranked Hartford mutual funds. Each has a Zacks Mutual Fund Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
The Hartford Donates $1 Million To Accelerate Homeownership In City Of Hartford’s Asylum Hill Neighborhood
The Hartford today announced a $1 million grant to a housing initiative led by Northside Institutions Neighborhood Alliance (NINA), to make homeownership more accessible in Hartford’s Asylum Hill Neighborhood. In combination with other sources, this bridge funding will help reduce blight and enable the renovation of approximately 24 homes, which equates to $10 million in revitalization over the next five years.
Hartford Financial (HIG) incorporates flexible plan designs and coverage options in its group life and disability product ProtectPro. The move is intended to cater to medical professionals' needs.
The Hartford has expanded its group life and disability offering for medical groups, ProtectProSM, to include more flexible plan designs and new coverage options tailored specifically to meet the unique needs of medical professionals.
HIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HIGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch