Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (The) (HIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HIG POWR Grades
- HIG scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 80.8% of US stocks.
- HIG's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- HIG's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 37.98% of US stocks).
HIG Stock Summary
- HIG has a higher market value than 89.31% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $25,115,410,500.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 96.44, Hartford Financial Services Group Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 76.35% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for HIG is currently 5.98, higher than just 20.7% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hartford Financial Services Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be RF, WLTW, IP, CFG, and TFII.
- HIG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's official web site, go to www.thehartford.com.
HIG Valuation Summary
- HIG's price/earnings ratio is 10.8; this is 1.82% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, HIG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- HIG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 4.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HIG.
HIG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 18.92%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 68.89%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -5.96%.
The table below shows HIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HIG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.98% of graded US stocks.
- HIG's asset turnover comes in at 0.29 -- ranking 60th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KFS, KMPR, and HUM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with HIG.
The table below shows HIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.97||52-week high||$73.98|
|Prev. close||$73.10||52-week low||$36.62|
|Day high||$73.43||Avg. volume||2,436,371|
|50-day MA||$69.60||Dividend yield||1.92%|
|200-day MA||$62.95||Market Cap||25.33B|
Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (The) (HIG) Company Bio
Hartford Financial provides insurance and financial services to individual and business customers primarily in the United States. The companys Commercial Lines segment offers workers compensation, property, automobile, marine, umbrella, liability, and livestock coverages, as well as customized insurance products and risk management services, including professional liability, bond, and specialty casualty coverages. Its Personal Lines segment provides standard automobile, homeowners, and personal umbrella coverages to individuals. The company was founded in 1810 and is based in Hartford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
HIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HIG Latest Social Stream
View Full HIG Social Stream
Latest HIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hartford Financial Services Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HIG as an investment opportunity.
Below we share with you three top-ranked Hartford mutual funds. Each has earned a Zacks Mutual Fund Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
The Hartford Hosts Second Annual National Junior Fire Marshal Day; Deputizes 65,000 New Junior Fire Marshals
HARTFORD, Conn., October 06, 2021--The Hartford, which has provided fire-safety education to more than 111 million children since 1947, deputized more than 65,000 new Junior Fire Marshals in one day as part of its second annual Junior Fire Marshal Day. The company created the live, virtual fire-safety event in 2020 to address the critical lack of in-person, fire-safety education available to elementary school students because of the pandemic. On Oct. 5, thousands of kindergarten through third-gr
No summary available.
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (HIG) shares closed today at 0.7% below its 52 week high of $72.20, giving the company a market cap of $24B. The stock is currently up 45.8% year-to-date, up 91.4% over the past 12 months
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) traded at a new 52-week high today of $72.20. Approximately 565,000 shares have changed hands today, as compared to an average 30-day volume of 2.2 million shares. Over the past year, The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has traded in a range of $35.62 to $72.20 and is now at $71.17, 100% above that low. The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. offers a diverse range of property and casualty insurance, group benefits, and mutual fund
HIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HIGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Hartford Financial Services Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch