Himax Technologies Inc. ADR (HIMX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HIMX POWR Grades
- HIMX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 99.72% of US stocks.
- HIMX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- HIMX ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
HIMX Stock Summary
- HIMX's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 242 -- higher than 89.39% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.2, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 7.39% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 10.22% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to HIMX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ERYP, CANF, GOVX, SONN, and IMMP.
- Visit HIMX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.himax.com.tw.
HIMX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, HIMX's EV/EBIT ratio is 80.4% lower, now standing at 3.9.
- Over the past 205 months, HIMX's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for HIMX.
HIMX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 174.26%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 66.25%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 128%.
The table below shows HIMX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
HIMX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- HIMX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.01% of graded US stocks.
- HIMX's asset turnover comes in at 1.027 -- ranking 40th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows HIMX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
HIMX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HIMX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.17||52-week high||$12.37|
|Prev. close||$8.13||52-week low||$4.81|
|Day high||$8.17||Avg. volume||1,135,949|
|50-day MA||$7.26||Dividend yield||15.25%|
|200-day MA||$7.17||Market Cap||1.42B|
Himax Technologies Inc. ADR (HIMX) Company Bio
Himax Technologies, Inc. is a semiconductor solution provider dedicated to display imaging processing technologies. It operates through the Driver Integrated Circuit and Non-Driver Products segments. The company's products include display drivers, timing controllers, wafer level optics, video and display technology solutions, liquid crystal over silicon silicon, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor image sensor, and power integrated circuit. Its products used in TVs, laptops, monitors, mobile phones, tablets, digital cameras, car navigation, virtual reality (VR) devices and many other consumer electronics devices. Himax Technologies was founded by Biing Seng Wu and Jordan Wu on June 12, 2001 and is headquartered in Tainan, Taiwan.
Most Popular Stories View All
HIMX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HIMX Latest Social Stream
View Full HIMX Social Stream
Latest HIMX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HIMX as an investment opportunity.
How far off is Himax Technologies, Inc. ( NASDAQ:HIMX ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data...
Himax Technologies, Inc. Schedules Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Financial Results Conference Call on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 8:00 AM EST
TAINAN, Taiwan, Jan. 13, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: HIMX) (“Himax” or “Company”), a leading supplier and fabless manufacturer of display drivers and other semiconductor products, today announced that it will hold a conference call with investors and analysts on Thursday, February 9 at 8:00 a.m. US Eastern Standard Time and 9:00 p.m. Taiwan Time to discuss the Company's fourth quarter and full year 2022 financial results. HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL
Himax Technologies, Inc (NASDAQ: HIMX) disclosed preliminary financial results for the fourth quarter and FY22 ended December 31. The Q4 revenues were $262.30 million, down 42% year-on-year, above the consensus of $228.12 million. The Q4 revenue grew by 22.8% Q/Q. The Q4 non-IFRS gross margin contracted 2,130 bps to 30.5%. The Q4 non-IFRS EPS per ADS was $0.273, above the consensus of $0.19. The FY22 revenue declined 22.3% Y/Y to $1.20 billion, beating the consensus of $1.17 billion. The FY22 no
Himax Technologies, Inc. Pre-announces Preliminary Unaudited Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Financial Results
Fourth Quarter Revenues and EPS Both Exceed Guidance; Gross Margin Moderately Lower than Guidance RangeTAINAN, Taiwan, Jan. 12, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: HIMX) (“Himax” or “Company”), a leading supplier and fabless manufacturer of display drivers and other semiconductor products, today pre-announced preliminary unaudited key financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2022 ended December 31st, 2022. The fourth quarter revenues and EPS both exceeded the
TAINAN, Taiwan, Dec. 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: HIMX) (“Himax” or “Company”), a leading supplier and fabless manufacturer of display drivers and other semiconductor products, today announced that the Company will attend the 25th Annual Needham Growth Conference held during January 10 – 12, 2023 at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel. The Company management will host in person one-on-one or group meetings with interested investors during the conference dates. Confe
HIMX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HIMXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Himax Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Himax Technologies Inc (HIMX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Himax Technologies Inc (HIMX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Himax Technologies Inc (HIMX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch