Himax Technologies Inc. ADR (HIMX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
HIMX POWR Grades
- HIMX scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 98.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for HIMX is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- HIMX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
HIMX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 39.78, Himax Technologies Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 74.79% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Himax Technologies Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 11.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Himax Technologies Inc's share price is greater than that of 94.19% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Himax Technologies Inc are WTS, RICK, FCN, VMI, and SKY.
- HIMX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Himax Technologies Inc's official web site, go to www.himax.com.tw.
HIMX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HIMX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.07||52-week high||$17.88|
|Prev. close||$10.79||52-week low||$2.91|
|Day high||$11.34||Avg. volume||4,097,644|
|50-day MA||$12.87||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.06||Market Cap||1.93B|
Himax Technologies Inc. ADR (HIMX) Company Bio
Himax Technologies, Inc. is a semiconductor solution provider dedicated to display imaging processing technologies. It operates through the Driver Integrated Circuit and Non-Driver Products segments. The company's products include display drivers, timing controllers, wafer level optics, video and display technology solutions, liquid crystal over silicon silicon, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor image sensor, and power integrated circuit. Its products used in TVs, laptops, monitors, mobile phones, tablets, digital cameras, car navigation, virtual reality (VR) devices and many other consumer electronics devices. Himax Technologies was founded by Biing Seng Wu and Jordan Wu on June 12, 2001 and is headquartered in Tainan, Taiwan.
HIMX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Himax Technologies Inc. To summarize, we found that Himax Technologies Inc ranked in the 61th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 27.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for HIMX, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 35.51; that's higher than 82.46% of US stocks in the Technology sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 4% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 16.28% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- HIMX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 45.66% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HIMX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HIMX Latest Social Stream
View Full HIMX Social Stream
Latest HIMX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Himax Technologies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HIMX as an investment opportunity.
Should long-term investors buy the dip in tech stocks?
Photo by gorodenkoff/iStock via Getty Images I have written two articles on Himax Technologies (HIMX) recently. The first article was written in November 2020 after the 3Q print. The second article was written in February 2021 after the 4Q print. In both articles, I was very bullish based on the...
Himax Technologies, Inc. to Attend 16th Annual Needham Virtual Technology & Media Conference on May 17 – May 20, 2021
TAINAN, Taiwan, May 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: HIMX) (“Himax” or “Company”), a leading supplier and fabless manufacturer of display drivers and other semiconductor products, today announced that the Company will attend 16th Annual Needham Virtual Technology & Media Conference on May 17 – May 20, 2021. Mr. Eric Li, Chief IR/PR Officer of Himax, will make a company presentation at the conference on Wednesday, May 19 from 8:45 AM to 9:25 AM EDT. The Company management will host one-on-one meetings with interested investors during the conference dates. Conference participation is by invitation only and registration is mandatory. For more information on the conference or to schedule a one-on-one or group meeting, please contact a Needham Representative or ...
HIMX earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 6, 2021 / Himax Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:HIMX) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 6, 2021 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time.
HIMX Price Returns
Continue Researching HIMXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Himax Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Himax Technologies Inc (HIMX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Himax Technologies Inc (HIMX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Himax Technologies Inc (HIMX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch