Hooker Furniture Corporation (HOFT): Price and Financial Metrics
HOFT Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Hooker Furniture Corp is higher than merely 19.56% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- HOFT's price/sales ratio is 0.75; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 16.56% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, HOFT has reported earnings growth of -146.77%, putting it ahead of merely 13.36% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Hooker Furniture Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be MOV, CULP, TBI, SCSC, and USM.
- Visit HOFT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hookerfurniture.com.
HOFT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HOFT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.02||52-week high||$36.49|
|Prev. close||$34.85||52-week low||$12.30|
|Day high||$35.24||Avg. volume||39,224|
|50-day MA||$32.64||Dividend yield||2.07%|
|200-day MA||$26.80||Market Cap||404.40M|
Hooker Furniture Corporation (HOFT) Company Bio
Hooker Furniture operates as a home furnishings marketing, design, and logistics company primarily in North America. It designs, imports, manufactures, and markets residential household furniture products. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Martinsville, Virginia.
HOFT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for HOFT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Hooker Furniture Corp ranked in the 83th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Hooker Furniture Corp, consider:
- Hooker Furniture Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 22 -- greater than 82.28% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Hooker Furniture Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -22.66. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 4.97% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Hooker Furniture Corp has a reliance on debt greater than merely 24.26% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HOFT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HOFT Latest Social Stream
View Full HOFT Social Stream
Latest HOFT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hooker Furniture Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HOFT as an investment opportunity.
Hooker Furniture (HOFT) declares $0.18/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 2.08%Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 17; ex-div March 16.See HOFT Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
MARTINSVILLE, Va., March 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hooker Furniture (Nasdaq-GS:HOFT) announced that on March 1, 2021, its board of directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.18 per share, payable on March 31, 2021, to shareholders of record at March 17, 2021. Hooker Furniture Corporation, in its 97th year of business, is a designer, marketer and importer of casegoods (wooden and metal furniture), leather-and fabric-upholstered furniture for the residential, hospitality and contract markets. The Company also domestically manufactures premium residential custom leather and custom fabric-upholstered furniture. It is ranked among the nation’s largest publicly traded furniture sources, based on 2019 shipments to U.S. retailers, according to a 2020 survey by a leading trade publica...
Johne Albanese Chief Marketing Officer Tod Phelps Senior Vice President-Operations and Chief Information Officer MARTINSVILLE, Va., Feb. 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hooker Furnishings has announced the promotions of Johne Albanese to Chief Marketing Officer and Tod Phelps to Senior Vice President-Operations, both new positions within the company which report to Chief Executive Officer Jeremy Hoff. Albanese assumes the role of Chief Marketing Officer, responsible for all marketing initiatives across the company’s twelve brands. He has been with the company 8 years, previously serving as Vice President of Marketing. Phelps has been named Senior Vice President – Operations. This is in addition to his current role as Chief Information Officer. Phelps will be responsible for all internation...
Jeremy Hoff Chief Executive Officer MARTINSVILLE, Va., Feb. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jeremy Hoff has become the fourth chief executive officer of Hooker Furnishings (NASDAQ-GS:HOFT) (“HFC”) in the company’s 97-year history. The position became effective February 1, 2021 upon the retirement of Paul B. Toms Jr. Toms succeeded Clyde Hooker Jr. in 2000, serving as CEO for 20 years. HFC’s Board of Directors elected Hoff, 47, to succeed Toms, 66, in June of 2020. Toms remains as Chairman of the Board in a non-executive capacity. Hoff also will serve as a member of the Board of Directors. HFC is one of the top five furniture resources in North America with 12 divisions operating distribution centers, upholstery manufacturing plants and multiple office locations in Virginia, North Carolina,...
HOFT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching HOFTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Hooker Furniture Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!