Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): Price and Financial Metrics
IMO Stock Summary
- Imperial Oil Ltd's market capitalization of $29,557,000,000 is ahead of 92.91% of US-listed equities.
- Imperial Oil Ltd's stock had its IPO on July 16, 1986, making it an older stock than 91.9% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Imperial Oil Ltd's share price is greater than that of only 17.12% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to IMO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CHU, RSG, RCL, TEF, and HLT.
- Visit IMO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.imperialoil.ca.
IMO Stock Price Chart More Charts
IMO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.24||52-week high||$30.38|
|Prev. close||$24.25||52-week low||$23.01|
|Day high||$24.37||Avg. volume||315,500|
|50-day MA||$25.39||Dividend yield||2.72%|
|200-day MA||$26.06||Market Cap||18.03B|
Imperial Oil Limited (IMO) Company Bio
Imperial Oil explores for, produces, and sells crude oil and natural gas in Canada. The company operates through three segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemical. The company was founded in 1880 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
IMO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Imperial Oil Ltd. To summarize, we found that Imperial Oil Ltd ranked in the 98st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis implies the stock could yield a return of 14166% if fairly valued; such returns are always unlikely, though, so further investigation is likely warranted. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for IMO, they are:
- IMO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 36.54% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Imperial Oil Ltd's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than just 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Imperial Oil Ltd has a reliance on debt greater than just 13.81% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|