Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): Price and Financial Metrics
JNJ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$158.46||52-week high||$183.35|
|Prev. close||$156.97||52-week low||$150.11|
|Day high||$158.64||Avg. volume||7,609,456|
|50-day MA||$160.01||Dividend yield||3.08%|
|200-day MA||$165.43||Market Cap||411.80B|
JNJ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
JNJ POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where JNJ ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.39% of US stocks.
- JNJ's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- JNJ's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 17% of US stocks).
JNJ Stock Summary
- JNJ has a higher market value than 99.74% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $407,117,680,190.
- JNJ's went public 37.42 years ago, making it older than 93.61% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, JNJ is more volatile than merely 2.4% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to JOHNSON & JOHNSON, a group of peers worth examining would be NVO, LLY, XOM, WMT, and UNH.
- Visit JNJ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jnj.com.
JNJ Valuation Summary
- JNJ's price/earnings ratio is 32; this is 32.78% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- JNJ's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for JNJ.
JNJ Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 15.52%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 31.19%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -32.63%.
The table below shows JNJ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
JNJ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- JNJ has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.45% of graded US stocks.
- JNJ's asset turnover comes in at 0.52 -- ranking 78th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- CBIO, CLSD, and ABBV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with JNJ.
The table below shows JNJ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
JNJ Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of JNJ, see our JNJ price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$187.95||Average Broker Recommendation||1.53 (Moderate Buy)|
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Company Bio
Founded in 1886, Johnson & Johnson is a holding company, which is engaged in the research and development, manufacture, and sale of products in the healthcare field within its Consumer, Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices segments. The Consumer segment consists of skin and self-care product brand names such as Aveeno, Neutrogena, Rogaine, Tylenol, Motrin, Listerine, and Band-Aid. Johnson’s Pharmaceutical segment contains biopharma products that address immune, cardiovascular, metabolic, and infectious disease medical conditions. The Medical Device segment develops products centered around orthopedic, surgical, intervention, and vision solutions. The company has over 130,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New Brunswick, New Jersey. The company’s current Chief Executive Officer is Alex Gorsky.
Most Popular Stories View All
JNJ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
JNJ Latest Social Stream
View Full JNJ Social Stream
Latest JNJ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about JOHNSON & JOHNSON that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate JNJ as an investment opportunity.
The Little-Known Secret to Beating the S&P 500
If you can't beat the S&P 500 by picking individual stocks, owning an S&P 500 index fund and at least earning market returns is a smart move. Not just any dividend-paying stocks, mind you, but those that can grow their dividend payments consistently. Hartford Funds and Ned Davis Research have been tracking the average annual total returns of companies in the S&P 500 by dividend policy.
With 65% ownership, Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) boasts of strong institutional backing
Key Insights Significantly high institutional ownership implies Johnson & Johnson's stock price is sensitive to their...
Two Dow Stocks to Buy in June and Hold for the Next Decade
These two stocks look like the best options among the Dow Jones Industrial Average's 30 components right now.
3 Retirement Stocks to Buy to Sleep Like a Baby
Watch out for these safe retirement stocks if you are planning to build a retirement portfolio and sleep like a baby.
3 Stocks That High-Yield ETFs Are Betting On
Growth stocks fill headlines, but investors are in search for lower-risk yields.
JNJ Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching JNJWant to see what other sources are saying about Johnson & Johnson's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...