Kadant Inc (KAI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KAI POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where KAI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.16% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KAI is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- KAI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 45.02% of US stocks).
KAI Stock Summary
- KAI's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,480.7 -- higher than 97.04% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- KAI's went public 28.64 years ago, making it older than 79.08% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -24.68%, Kadant Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 19.9% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kadant Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be LOPE, SYKE, CORE, GL, and MRCY.
- Visit KAI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kadant.com.
KAI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, KAI's price/sales ratio is 11.43% lower, now standing at 3.1.
- Over the past 243 months, KAI's price/sales ratio has gone up $2.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KAI.
KAI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$173.22||52-week high||$189.40|
|Prev. close||$173.63||52-week low||$93.17|
|Day high||$175.00||Avg. volume||40,826|
|50-day MA||$175.58||Dividend yield||0.58%|
|200-day MA||$148.88||Market Cap||2.01B|
Kadant Inc (KAI) Company Bio
Kadant Inc. is a global supplier of high-value, critical components and engineered systems used in process industries worldwide. The Company's products, technologies, and services play an integral role in enhancing process efficiency, optimizing energy utilization, and maximizing productivity in resource-intensive industries. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Westford, Massachusetts.
KAI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kadant Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kadant Inc ranked in the 50th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Kadant Inc ended up being:
- KAI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 35.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Kadant Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 13.87. This coverage rate is greater than that of 76.47% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Kadant Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 71.54% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KAI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAI Latest Social Stream
View Full KAI Social Stream
Latest KAI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kadant Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAI as an investment opportunity.
The Dow Jones fell about 30 points, the S&P 500 inched up about 0.2%, and the Nasdaq gained 0.5%. Meanwhile, Q.ai''s deep learning algorithms crunched the numbers to find
Barrington Stick to Their Buy Rating for Kadant Inc
Kadant Inc with ticker code (KAI) have now 3 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 200 and 157 with the average target price sitting at 177.33. With the stocks previous close at 168.93 this would imply there is a potential upside of 5.0%. There is a 50 day moving average of 175.89 and the 200 day MA is 159.8. The market cap for the company is $1,979m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="KAI" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Kadant Inc. supplies critical components and engineered systems worldwide. It operates through three segments: Flow Control, Industrial Processing, and Material Handling. The Flow Control segment develops, manufactures, and mark...
Kadant Inc with ticker code (KAI) now have 3 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 200 and 157 with a mean TP of 177.33. Now with the previous closing price of 166.51 this would imply there is a potential upside of 6.5%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 177.91 while the 200 day moving average is 158.45. The company has a market cap of $1,943m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="KAI" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Kadant Inc. supplies critical components and engineered systems worldwide. It operates through three segments: Flow Control, Industrial Processing, and Material Handling. The Flow Control segment deve...
Kadant (KAI) to reward shareholders with quarterly dividend payouts and share buybacks under a newly approved $20-million share-buyback program. This underpins its strong cash and financial positions.
KAI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|