Kadant Inc (KAI): Price and Financial Metrics
KAI Stock Summary
- KAI's went public 28.33 years ago, making it older than 78.95% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Kadant Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 74.25% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -17.75%, Kadant Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 17.85% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kadant Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CYAN, CVV, CSTE, ARTW, and OESX.
- Visit KAI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.kadant.com.
KAI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KAI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$166.91||52-week high||$169.84|
|Prev. close||$167.06||52-week low||$52.71|
|Day high||$169.16||Avg. volume||42,154|
|50-day MA||$146.78||Dividend yield||0.58%|
|200-day MA||$121.86||Market Cap||1.92B|
Kadant Inc (KAI) Company Bio
Kadant Inc. is a global supplier of high-value, critical components and engineered systems used in process industries worldwide. The Company's products, technologies, and services play an integral role in enhancing process efficiency, optimizing energy utilization, and maximizing productivity in resource-intensive industries. The company was founded in 1991 and is based in Westford, Massachusetts.
KAI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Kadant Inc. To summarize, we found that Kadant Inc ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KAI, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 88. Its equity weight surpasses that of 69.57% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Kadant Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 19 -- greater than 77.1% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Kadant Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 8.56. This coverage rate is greater than that of 72.26% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KAI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KAI Latest Social Stream
View Full KAI Social Stream
Latest KAI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kadant Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KAI as an investment opportunity.
With me on the call today is Jeff Powell, our President and Chief Executive Officer. Various remarks that we may make today about Kadant's future plans and expectations, financial and operating results and prospects are forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provisions under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 18, 2021 / Kadant, Inc. (NYSE:KAI) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time.
Record Bookings, Operating Cash Flow, and Free Cash Flow in Q4 2020 WESTFORD, Mass., Feb. 17, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kadant Inc. (NYSE: KAI) reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended January 2, 2021. Fourth Quarter Financial Highlights Operating cash flow increased 3% to a record $40 million.Free cash flow increased 7% to a record $38 million.Bookings increased 23% to a record $197 million.Revenue decreased 8% to $168 million.GAAP diluted EPS increased 84% to $1.40.Adjusted diluted EPS increased 17% to $1.54.Net income increased 85% to $16 million.Adjusted EBITDA was $32 million and represented 19.1% of revenue. Fiscal Year Financial Highlights Operating cash flow was $93 million and free cash flow was $85 million.Bookings decreased 6% to $648 million...
Kadant (KAI) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
WESTFORD, Mass., Feb. 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kadant Inc. (NYSE: KAI) announced it has joined the United Nations (UN) Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. Under the UN Global Compact, members are encouraged to align their operations and strategies with universal principles on human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption and take strategic actions to advance broader societal goals, such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals. “We are proud to join thousands of other companies globally who are committed to taking responsible business actions to create a better world,” said Jeffrey L. Powell, president and chief executive officer of Kadant. “This collective effort aligns well with our commitment to provide innovative products and technolog...
KAI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching KAIWant to see what other sources are saying about Kadant Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!