Kroger Company (The) (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
KR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for KR is 13.63 -- better than 97.78% of US stocks.
- Kroger Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.5% of US equities in our set.
- KR's price/sales ratio is 0.19; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 5.72% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kroger Co are BBY, ADM, ROK, NTRS, and FOXA.
- KR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kroger Co's official web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Stock Price Chart More Charts
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.75||52-week high||$30.73|
|Prev. close||$29.67||52-week low||$20.70|
|Day high||$29.88||Avg. volume||5,838,029|
|50-day MA||$28.54||Dividend yield||2.16%|
|200-day MA||$25.35||Market Cap||23.02B|
Kroger Company (The) (KR) Company Bio
Kroger operates as a retailer in the United States and internationally. It also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
KR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Kroger Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Kroger Co ranked in the 47st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Kroger Co, consider:
- 54% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 24.71% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Kroger Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than just 3.9% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Kroger Co has a reliance on debt greater than 80.79% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|