Kroger Company (The) (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KR POWR Grades
- KR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KR is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 160 days.
- KR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 29.57% of US stocks).
KR Stock Summary
- Kroger Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.41% of US listed stocks.
- KR's went public 36.07 years ago, making it older than 92.74% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.26, Kroger Co has a higher such ratio than only 3.87% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kroger Co are BBY, CLX, GWW, IT, and TSCO.
- KR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kroger Co's official web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, KR's price/sales ratio is 88.89% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, KR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.8.
- Over the past 243 months, KR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KR.
KR Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 14.99%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 24.85%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 36.65%.
The table below shows KR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.15% of graded US stocks.
- KR's asset turnover comes in at 2.746 -- ranking 15th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BIG, FAST, and DG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KR.
The table below shows KR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.99||52-week high||$50.15|
|Prev. close||$48.59||52-week low||$32.00|
|Day high||$49.08||Avg. volume||7,960,100|
|50-day MA||$44.48||Dividend yield||1.73%|
|200-day MA||$41.07||Market Cap||36.02B|
Kroger Company (The) (KR) Company Bio
Kroger operates as a retailer in the United States and internationally. It also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
KR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KR Latest Social Stream
View Full KR Social Stream
Latest KR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kroger Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KR as an investment opportunity.
IBM Global Managing Director of Consumer Industries Luq Niazi joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss grocery supply and labor shortages primarily fueled by Omicron and the rise of hybrid shopping.
Get ready for some new, unlikely flavors along with healthy eating, throwbacks and upping your home cooking game.
Investment company Alpha Omega Wealth Management LLC (Current Portfolio) buys JPMorgan Ultra-Short Municipal Income ETF, ViacomCBS Inc, Kyndryl Holdings Inc, Atmos Energy Corp, Schwab Fundamental International Large Company Ind, sells NVR Inc, AT&T Inc, Phillips 66, Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc, ISHARES TRUST during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Alpha Omega Wealth Management LLC.
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), America's largest grocery retailer, today announced its 2022 Food Trends Report, which predicts emerging food trends, consumer behaviors and popular items for the year ahead. This fourth-annual report centers on the continued dominance of at-home meals, powered by convenience, affordability, social gatherings, and the desire for sustainable and nutrient-rich food items.
Kroger workers experienced hunger, homelessness, and couldn''t pay their rent in 2021. Its CEO made $22 million the previous year.
The median worker pay at Kroger was $24,617 in 2021, researchers found, meaning the CEO made 909 times the pay of the average worker.
KR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|