Kroger Co. (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where KR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.07% of US stocks.
- KR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- KR's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 31.96% of US stocks).
KR Stock Summary
- KR has a market capitalization of $34,952,822,557 -- more than approximately 93.38% of US stocks.
- KROGER CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.01% of US listed stocks.
- KROGER CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to KROGER CO are TSCO, GPC, ODFL, COF, and GWW.
- KR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KROGER CO's official web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Valuation Summary
- KR's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 80% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, KR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KR.
KR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.37%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -11.39%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -11.39%.
The table below shows KR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.15% of graded US stocks.
- KR's asset turnover comes in at 2.746 -- ranking 15th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BIG, FAST, and DG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KR.
The table below shows KR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.28||52-week high||$62.78|
|Prev. close||$49.35||52-week low||$40.18|
|Day high||$49.42||Avg. volume||6,642,102|
|50-day MA||$45.90||Dividend yield||2.11%|
|200-day MA||$49.86||Market Cap||35.27B|
Kroger Co. (KR) Company Bio
The Kroger Company, or simply Kroger, is an American retail company that operates (either directly or through its subsidiaries) supermarkets and multi-department stores throughout the United States. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
KR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KR Latest Social Stream
View Full KR Social Stream
Latest KR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KROGER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KR as an investment opportunity.
Kroger has had several Greater Cincinnati locations approved for sports betting, but don't expect them to open on New Year’s Day when it becomes legal or even shortly after that.
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), America's grocer, today announced its Board of Directors has been named a top 20 finalist for the 2022 NACD Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Awards. The awards recognize boards that have improved their governance and created long-term value for stakeholders by implementing forward-thinking diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) practices.
Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen and Albertsons' top executive, Vivek Sankaran, will face questions this week on plans for the two giant grocery companies to merge in a $25 billion deal, Senator Amy Klobuchar's office said in a statement. The hearing was called by Klobuchar along with Senator Mike Lee, the top Republican on an antitrust panel of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Kroger (KR) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Kroger (KR) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
KR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|