Kroger Company (The) (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KR POWR Grades
- KR scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 95.03% of US stocks.
- KR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- KR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 9.4% of US stocks).
KR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for KR is 13.84 -- better than 97.78% of US stocks.
- Kroger Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.73% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.21, Kroger Co has a higher such ratio than just 2.44% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kroger Co, a group of peers worth examining would be BBY, ROK, TSCO, MGA, and AJG.
- KR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kroger Co's official web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, KR's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.51% lower, now standing at 12.3.
- KR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KR.
KR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.38||52-week high||$42.99|
|Prev. close||$37.55||52-week low||$30.35|
|Day high||$39.62||Avg. volume||9,965,908|
|50-day MA||$37.44||Dividend yield||1.92%|
|200-day MA||$34.46||Market Cap||29.81B|
Kroger Company (The) (KR) Company Bio
Kroger operates as a retailer in the United States and internationally. It also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
KR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Kroger Co. To summarize, we found that Kroger Co ranked in the 79th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 262%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KR, they are:
- As a business, KR is generating more cash flow than 87.06% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Defensive.
- 58% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 21.46% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Kroger Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.98% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KR Latest Social Stream
View Full KR Social Stream
Latest KR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kroger Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KR as an investment opportunity.
[[CMC]], [[JBL]], [[KR]]For Seeking Alpha's full earnings season calendar, click here....
(Bloomberg) -- Infarm, a startup focused on indoor and urban farming, is in advanced talks to go public through a merger with Kernel Group Holdings Inc., a blank-check firm, according to people with knowledge of the matter.A transaction would value the combined entity at more than $1 billion, said one of the people, who requested anonymity because the talks are private. Terms aren’t finalized and negotiations could still collapse.Representatives for Kernel and Infarm didn’t immediately respond t
By Dhirendra Tripathi
2/2 © Reuters. FILE PHOTO: The unmanned delivery vehicle, Nuro, is seen during the Kroger annual shareholders meeting in Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S., June 28, 2018. Courtesy of Kroger/Handout via REUTERS/File Photo 2/2 By Nick Carey and Lisa Baertlein (Reuters) FedEx Corp (NYSE:) and robotics company Nuro on Tuesday announced a multi-year agreement to test
Kroger Co.''s decision to close five stores in Arkansas would have left two more towns with no full-service grocery stores, but the Edwards grocery store chain is coming to the rescue in Brinkley.
KR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|