Kroger Company (The) (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where KR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- KR ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
KR Stock Summary
- Kroger Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.95% of US listed stocks.
- Kroger Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.67% of US equities in our set.
- KR's price/sales ratio is 0.22; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 3.07% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kroger Co are TSCO, ODFL, AJG, LUV, and BBY.
- KR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Kroger Co's official web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, KR's price/sales ratio is 88.89% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, KR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.8.
- Over the past 243 months, KR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KR.
KR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -18.64%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 29.29%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 10.32%.
The table below shows KR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.51% of graded US stocks.
- KR's asset turnover comes in at 2.746 -- ranking 14th of 164 Retail stocks.
- BIG, AMZN, and DG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KR.
The table below shows KR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.18||52-week high||$47.99|
|Prev. close||$40.10||52-week low||$30.35|
|Day high||$40.53||Avg. volume||9,222,672|
|50-day MA||$42.84||Dividend yield||2.09%|
|200-day MA||$37.35||Market Cap||29.88B|
Kroger Company (The) (KR) Company Bio
Kroger operates as a retailer in the United States and internationally. It also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
KR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KR Latest Social Stream
View Full KR Social Stream
Latest KR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kroger Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KR as an investment opportunity.
The Kroger Co. Chairman and CEO Rodney McMullen took the stage in Las Vegas at Groceryshop, a leading U.S. event for the retail, grocery, and consumer packaged goods industries, for its annual conference during the opening keynote themed Kroger Delivers the Future of Grocery Shopping Now.
U.S. grocery chain Kroger and Australia's Woolworths are expanding in-store trials of selling food, drink, household, and beauty products in reusable packaging, joining a list of such global chains looking to reduce plastic waste. After an online pilot test in 2019, Kroger is expanding the trial with Loop, a global reusable packaging platform, to 25 Fred Meyer banner stores in Portland, Oregon, for six months starting in the second half of 2021, Keith Dailey, Kroger's VP of corporate affairs, told Reuters.
Kroger (KR) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Beyond Meat takes another bite out of the pizza industry.
Mirakl, a platform used by companies such as Kroger, Siemens, and HP Enterprise to build online marketplaces, has raised $555 million.
KR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|