Kroger Company (The) (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KR POWR Grades
- KR scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 95.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KR is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- KR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 9.4% of US stocks).
KR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for KR is 13.84 -- better than 97.81% of US stocks.
- Kroger Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.7% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.22, Kroger Co has a higher such ratio than only 2.86% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Kroger Co, a group of peers worth examining would be BBY, ROK, AFL, WLTW, and MGA.
- Visit KR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, KR's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.51% lower, now standing at 12.3.
- KR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $0.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KR.
KR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.20||52-week high||$42.99|
|Prev. close||$39.19||52-week low||$30.35|
|Day high||$39.44||Avg. volume||10,001,459|
|50-day MA||$37.62||Dividend yield||1.84%|
|200-day MA||$34.55||Market Cap||29.68B|
Kroger Company (The) (KR) Company Bio
Kroger operates as a retailer in the United States and internationally. It also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
KR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Kroger Co. To summarize, we found that Kroger Co ranked in the 79th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 262%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for KR, they are:
- As a business, KR is generating more cash flow than 87.06% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Defensive.
- 58% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 21.46% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Kroger Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.98% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KR Latest Social Stream
View Full KR Social Stream
Latest KR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kroger Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KR as an investment opportunity.
It's hard to overemphasize the positive impact that legendary investor Warren Buffett has had on the investing world. After more than half a century at Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B), Buffett continues to contribute to the collective knowledge base through his witty, down-to-earth comments on the state of the stock market and his preferred investing strategy. Buffett would be the first to tell you that a stock market crash is inevitable, and when a long bull-market run ends, investors finally get a chance to see which stocks have strong businesses underpinning their long-term success.
These are the consumer staples stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for July 2021.
Investors cheered the latest earnings news out of Kroger (NYSE: KR). In a conference call with Wall Street analysts, CEO Rodney McMullen and his team made the case that this performance implies fundamentally stronger growth ahead than shareholders had seen before COVID-19 struck in early 2020.
Kroger (KR) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
KR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|