Kroger Co. (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.52||52-week high||$50.41|
|Prev. close||$44.27||52-week low||$41.81|
|Day high||$44.67||Avg. volume||5,109,510|
|50-day MA||$46.80||Dividend yield||2.59%|
|200-day MA||$46.69||Market Cap||32.02B|
KR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where KR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.92% of US stocks.
- KR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- KR's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 14.89% of US stocks).
KR Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for KR is 13.93 -- better than 97.51% of US stocks.
- KROGER CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of KROGER CO's share price is greater than that of merely 1.6% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to KROGER CO, a group of peers worth examining would be CNC, COF, ALL, CBRE, and TSCO.
- KR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit KROGER CO's official web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Valuation Summary
- KR's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 88.89% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, KR's price/earnings ratio has gone up 8.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KR.
KR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.02%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -46.78%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 356.39%.
The table below shows KR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
KR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.15% of graded US stocks.
- KR's asset turnover comes in at 2.746 -- ranking 15th of 165 Retail stocks.
- BIG, FAST, and DG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with KR.
The table below shows KR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Kroger Co. (KR) Company Bio
The Kroger Company, or simply Kroger, is an American retail company that operates (either directly or through its subsidiaries) supermarkets and multi-department stores throughout the United States. (Source:Wikipedia)
KR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KR Latest Social Stream
View Full KR Social Stream
Latest KR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about KROGER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KR as an investment opportunity.
Kroger Health, the healthcare division of The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), hosted the first Nourishing Change Summit to continue driving momentum in the Food as Medicine conversation that began during the 2022 White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health. The summit brought together a diverse group of leaders from retail, academia and health organizations focused on food and nutrition, healthy communities and more to discuss ways to create positive change by changing the way America eats.
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), today released its annual Environmental, Social and Governance report sharing progress on Kroger's ESG Strategy, Thriving Together.
Walmart and The Kroger are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
The Zacks Retail - Supermarkets industry players benefit from rising store traffic, strong online demand and robust omnichannel initiatives. Walmart (WMT) and The Kroger Co. (KR) are notable stocks in the industry.
The external fund manager backed by Berkshire Hathaway's Charlie Munger, Li Lu, makes no bones about it when he says...
KR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|