Kroger Company (The) (KR): Price and Financial Metrics
KR Stock Summary
- Kroger Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.78% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.22, Kroger Co has a higher such ratio than just 3.23% of stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Kroger Co's share price is greater than that of only 4.36% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kroger Co are BBY, TSCO, CBRE, ODFL, and VFC.
- Visit KR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thekrogerco.com.
KR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.29||52-week high||$42.99|
|Prev. close||$37.43||52-week low||$30.35|
|Day high||$37.38||Avg. volume||10,906,173|
|50-day MA||$35.55||Dividend yield||1.92%|
|200-day MA||$33.99||Market Cap||28.04B|
Kroger Company (The) (KR) Company Bio
Kroger operates as a retailer in the United States and internationally. It also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. The company was founded in 1883 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
KR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for KR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Kroger Co ranked in the 79th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 259.67% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Kroger Co, consider:
- As a business, KR is generating more cash flow than 87.42% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Defensive.
- 59% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 23.61% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Kroger Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 2.05% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KR Latest Social Stream
View Full KR Social Stream
Latest KR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kroger Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KR as an investment opportunity.
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) today announced its new progress and results for Zero Hunger | Zero Waste, the company's bold plan to help create communities free of hunger and waste by 2025.
Kellogg's is entering a new kind of chicken sandwich wars.
Grocery stores are starting to run up against the tough pantry-loading comparable from a year ago as expected. During March, grocery stores saw a 13.8% drop in sales compared to the same month in 2020 when lockdowns first started and grocery stores saw long lines. Analysts have been warning that...
Kroger is in the process of launching the first-of-its-kind Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) in America. The nation's largest grocery retailer has teamed up with Ocado Group to open the fulfillment center in Monroe, Ohio. The Monroe CFC measures 375,000 square feet with a capacity to carry thousands of grocery products. Representing the latest model engineered for the flexible Kroger (KR) Delivery network, the CFC should allow the retailer to fulfill thousands of orders per day while supporting the fulfillment of pick-up orders as well. The fulfillment center is the result of an exclusive partnership that Kroger inked with Ocado to introduce proprietary technology solutions in 2018.
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), America's largest grocery retailer, is launching the country's first Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC), combining vertical integration, machine learning, and robotics with affordable, friendly, and fast delivery service for fresh food.
KR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|