Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LPX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LPX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where LPX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.59% of US stocks.
- LPX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- LPX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.58% of US stocks).
LPX Stock Summary
- LPX's current price/earnings ratio is 3.74, which is higher than only 6.02% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.25% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for LPX comes in at 26.64% -- higher than that of 94.63% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be TXT, MOXC, KRO, LINC, and DOV.
- LPX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP's official web site, go to www.lpcorp.com.
LPX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, LPX's price/sales ratio is 15.38% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- LPX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LPX.
LPX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -1.14%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -44.29%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 51.34%.
The table below shows LPX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LPX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LPX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.28% of graded US stocks.
- LPX's asset turnover comes in at 1.923 -- ranking 3rd of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- SVT, OC, and FRTA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LPX.
The table below shows LPX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LPX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LPX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.22||52-week high||$78.09|
|Prev. close||$67.48||52-week low||$48.20|
|Day high||$67.04||Avg. volume||626,537|
|50-day MA||$62.80||Dividend yield||1.3%|
|200-day MA||$60.27||Market Cap||4.75B|
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LPX) Company Bio
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation is a manufacturer of engineered wood building materials including OSB, structural framing products, and exterior siding for use in residential, industrial and light commercial construction. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
LPX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LPX Latest Social Stream
View Full LPX Social Stream
Latest LPX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LPX as an investment opportunity.
The housing market is grinding to a halt. Rising mortgage rates and still-elevated commodity prices caused new single-family housing starts to decline 4% in November (the latest period), while residential permits tumbled 11% for the period. The National Association of Home Builders housing market index sits just above the lowest point hit during the onset of the pandemic.
With a new year upon us and enthusiasm stirring to make up for lost time, these best bargain stocks to buy should be on your radar.
Warren Buffett’s portfolio is filled with stocks worth holding for the long term These seven Warren Buffett stocks don't get much attention.
Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) closed the most recent trading day at $60.62, moving -1.49% from the previous trading session.
Louisiana-Pacific has a strong balance sheet; trades at the best valuation; has the second-best stock performance, and carries great growth prospects. Read here why I rate LPX a Buy.
LPX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|