Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LPX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
LPX POWR Grades
- LPX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.33% of US stocks.
- LPX's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- LPX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.06% of US stocks).
LPX Stock Summary
- LPX's current price/earnings ratio is 2.72, which is higher than just 3.82% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.13% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 34.98%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.25% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to LPX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TXT, LINC, MGPI, PRIM, and DOV.
- LPX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP's official web site, go to www.lpcorp.com.
LPX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, LPX's price/sales ratio is 25% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, LPX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for LPX.
LPX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -15.1%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 274.35%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 365.98%.
The table below shows LPX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
LPX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- LPX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.28% of graded US stocks.
- LPX's asset turnover comes in at 1.923 -- ranking 3rd of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- SVT, OC, and FRTA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with LPX.
The table below shows LPX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
LPX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
LPX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.40||52-week high||$79.77|
|Prev. close||$49.68||52-week low||$48.20|
|Day high||$50.04||Avg. volume||1,263,015|
|50-day MA||$57.42||Dividend yield||1.77%|
|200-day MA||$64.52||Market Cap||3.58B|
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LPX) Company Bio
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation is a manufacturer of engineered wood building materials including OSB, structural framing products, and exterior siding for use in residential, industrial and light commercial construction. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Most Popular Stories View All
LPX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
LPX Latest Social Stream
View Full LPX Social Stream
Latest LPX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate LPX as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Weyerhaeuser Co. took 6.4% dive in afternoon trading, toward a 21-month low, after BofA Securities analyst George Staphos downgraded the paper and forest products company, citing a lower outlook for operating rates and pricing for wood products and a "looming recession." Staphos cut his rating to neutral from overweight, and lowered his price target to $34 from $38. "At this juncture, operating rates in 2023 look like they'll pierce 80%, prompting more downward pricing pressure on the
PotlatchDeltic's (PCH) strategic investment to expand its REIT business bode well.
Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
LP Building Solutions (LP), a leading manufacturer of high-performance building products, today announced that Jeff Yelle has been promoted to Vice President, Chief Information Officer and Jeff Sweet has been elevated to the role of Vice President, Engineering.
The excitement of investing in a company that can reverse its fortunes is a big draw for some speculators, so even...
LPX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|