Moelis & Company (MC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MC POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.17% of US stocks.
- MC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- MC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.18% of US stocks).
MC Stock Summary
- MOELIS & CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 81.46% of US listed stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that MC's revenue has grown -21.75% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 8.42% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for MC comes in at 17.17% -- higher than that of 90.53% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to MOELIS & CO, a group of peers worth examining would be CNS, USLM, ASLE, WHD, and HCKT.
- MC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit MOELIS & CO's official web site, go to www.moelis.com.
MC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, MC's price/sales ratio is 17.24% lower, now standing at 2.4.
- Over the past 105 months, MC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MC.
MC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 96.32%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 24.31%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 203.89%.
The table below shows MC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.93% of graded US stocks.
- MC's asset turnover comes in at 1.283 -- ranking 9th of 444 Trading stocks.
- MSB, GEO, and SEB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MC.
The table below shows MC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.63||52-week high||$64.56|
|Prev. close||$42.72||52-week low||$33.12|
|Day high||$42.50||Avg. volume||555,483|
|50-day MA||$39.45||Dividend yield||5.62%|
|200-day MA||$43.07||Market Cap||2.86B|
Moelis & Company (MC) Company Bio
Moelis & Company provides strategic and financial advisory services in the United States and internationally. It advises clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations and restructurings, and other corporate finance matters. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
MC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MC Latest Social Stream
View Full MC Social Stream
Latest MC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MOELIS & CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MC as an investment opportunity.
Genesis also started talks with its largest creditors and borrowers, including Gemini and DCG, to agree on a solution.
Earlier this month, crypto exchange FTX filed for U.S. bankruptcy protection in the highest-profile crypto blowup to date, after traders pulled billions from the platform in three days and rival exchange Binance abandoned a rescue deal. The collapse of FTX has sparked worries of a contagion effect on other firms already reeling from dampened crypto market this year. On Monday, Genesis had asserted it had no plans to file bankruptcy imminently, days after it suspended customer redemptions citing the collapse of FTX.
Genesis Global Capital Has Hired Investment Bank Moelis to Explore Options Including Bankruptcy: New York Times
Separately, the CEO of Genesis' parent company disclosed that it had a roughly $575 million liability to Genesis.
Moelis ( NYSE:MC ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$233.5m (down 52% from 3Q 2021). Net...
A decline in expenses and solid liquidity aid Moelis & Company's (MC) Q3 earnings amid a challenging macroeconomic backdrop.
MC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|