3M Company (MMM): Price and Financial Metrics
MMM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$99.90||52-week high||$152.30|
|Prev. close||$100.76||52-week low||$92.38|
|Day high||$101.59||Avg. volume||3,561,833|
|50-day MA||$101.82||Dividend yield||6.1%|
|200-day MA||$114.04||Market Cap||55.11B|
MMM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MMM POWR Grades
- MMM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.93% of US stocks.
- MMM's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MMM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 23.03% of US stocks).
MMM Stock Summary
- MMM has a market capitalization of $53,506,688,327 -- more than approximately 95.97% of US stocks.
- 3M CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of 3M CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.9% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to 3M CO are A, CARR, BDX, ETN, and RMD.
- MMM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit 3M CO's official web site, go to www.3m.com.
MMM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, MMM's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.12% lower, now standing at 10.5.
- Over the past 243 months, MMM's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MMM.
MMM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -2.49%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 13.22%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 12.57%.
The table below shows MMM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MMM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MMM has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.75% of graded US stocks.
- MMM's asset turnover comes in at 0.739 -- ranking 44th of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- BSX, ARAY, and INGN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MMM.
The table below shows MMM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MMM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MMM, see our MMM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$198.01||Average Broker Recommendation||2.07 (Hold)|
3M Company (MMM) Company Bio
3M Company manufactures products related to electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The company was founded in 1902 and is based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
MMM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MMM Latest Social Stream
View Full MMM Social Stream
Latest MMM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about 3M CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MMM as an investment opportunity.
“The One That Got Away” Stock Market (And Sentiment Results)
It was very lonely being a bull last fall when the S&P 500 was in the 3600s to 3700s. The good news is there’s plenty of runway ahead. The bad news is, it’s going to be a bit more tricky.
3M (MMM) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
3M (MMM) closed at $100.76 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.24% move from the prior day.
4 Industrial Stocks That Are Screaming Buys in June
The global economy sits upon a foundation of companies that build the machinery and tools to construct buildings, mine for resources, and produce ever-increasing quantities of goods efficiently. While the U.S. economy is not in a recession right now, the pessimism and unrest in the markets since 2022 have left some high-quality industrial stocks trading at great prices for long-term investors. It has grown for decades, propelled by the gradual expansion of the global economy.
5 Stocks in Dow ETF Leading Index to Best Day of 2023
The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 700 points on Jun 2, its best day of the year so far.
Strength Seen in 3M (MMM): Can Its 8.8% Jump Turn into More Strength?
3M (MMM) was a big mover last session on higher-than-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions might not help the stock continue moving higher in the near term.
MMM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MMMWant to do more research on 3M Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
3M Co (MMM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
3M Co (MMM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
3M Co (MMM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...