Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MRO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- MRO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MRO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 5.83% of US stocks).
MRO Stock Summary
- Marathon Oil Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Marathon Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.63% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Marathon Oil Corp is reporting a growth rate of -292%; that's higher than just 7.15% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Marathon Oil Corp are VST, TAP, ALK, TECK, and CPA.
- MRO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Marathon Oil Corp's official web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MRO's price/earnings ratio is 142.55% lower, now standing at -7.
- MRO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 21.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, MRO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 21.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRO.
MRO Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -3.74%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -50.82%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 23.94%.
The table below shows MRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.75||52-week high||$14.33|
|Prev. close||$11.50||52-week low||$3.73|
|Day high||$11.94||Avg. volume||23,207,240|
|50-day MA||$12.82||Dividend yield||1.39%|
|200-day MA||$9.43||Market Cap||9.26B|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil Corp is an exploration and production company. It focuses on producing crude oil and condensate, natural gas liquids and natural gas as well as bitumen from oil sands deposits. In 2011, Marathon Oil spun off from Marathon Petroleum Corporation becoming an independent exploration and production company. The company has operations in four of the oil rich basins in the United States – the Eagle Ford Basin, the Bakken Basin, the STACK/SCOOP basin, and the Permian Basin. Marathon Oil employs just under 1,700 individuals and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Lee Tillman serves as President and Chief Executive Officer.
MRO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Marathon Oil Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Marathon Oil Corp ranked in the 17th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Marathon Oil Corp ended up being:
- Marathon Oil Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 22.91% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Marathon Oil Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -5.39. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 10.37% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 13. This value is greater than 72.64% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Latest Social Stream
View Full MRO Social Stream
Latest MRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marathon Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRO as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (Helix) (NYSE: HLX) announced today that its Board of Directors has appointed T. Mitch Little as a new director. Mr. Little, 58, served as Executive Vice President Operations for Marathon Oil Corporation (Marathon) (NYSE: MRO) from August 2016 until his retirement in December 2020, where he held full responsibility for all operations and development activities. Prior to such role Mr. Little served in a variety of roles of progre
Why investors should use the Zacks Earnings ESP tool to help find stocks that are poised to top quarterly earnings estimates.
MRO vs. COP: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Is (MRO) Outperforming Other Oils-Energy Stocks This Year?
APA, MRO, VALE, BAM, and DVN have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on July 21, 2021.
MRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|