Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MRO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- MRO's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- MRO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
MRO Stock Summary
- MRO's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Marathon Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.9% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Marathon Oil Corp is reporting a growth rate of -198.59%; that's higher than merely 9.9% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Marathon Oil Corp are AA, EQT, SM, FRFHF, and CLR.
- MRO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Marathon Oil Corp's official web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Valuation Summary
- MRO's price/sales ratio is 2.4; this is 60% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- MRO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 49.5 over the prior 243 months.
- MRO's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRO.
MRO Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -43.96%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 139.14%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 111.13%.
The table below shows MRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.94% of graded US stocks.
- MRO's asset turnover comes in at 0.209 -- ranking 105th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVX, XOM, and BDCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRO.
The table below shows MRO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.07||52-week high||$31.08|
|Prev. close||$29.75||52-week low||$10.41|
|Day high||$31.08||Avg. volume||21,215,623|
|50-day MA||$26.13||Dividend yield||1.03%|
|200-day MA||$19.11||Market Cap||21.99B|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil Corp is an exploration and production company. It focuses on producing crude oil and condensate, natural gas liquids and natural gas as well as bitumen from oil sands deposits. In 2011, Marathon Oil spun off from Marathon Petroleum Corporation becoming an independent exploration and production company. The company has operations in four of the oil rich basins in the United States – the Eagle Ford Basin, the Bakken Basin, the STACK/SCOOP basin, and the Permian Basin. Marathon Oil employs just under 1,700 individuals and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Lee Tillman serves as President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
MRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Latest Social Stream
View Full MRO Social Stream
Latest MRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marathon Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRO as an investment opportunity.
The energy sector is composed of companies focused on the exploration, production, and marketing of oil, gas, and renewable resources around the world. Energy sector stocks include upstream companies that are primarily engaged in the exploration of oil or gas reserves, such as Devon Energy Corp. (DVN). Downstream companies include HollyFrontier Corp. (HFC), which refines and processes oil and gas products for delivery to consumers.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights ConocoPhillips, Occidental Petroleum, Marathon Oil, Marathon Petroleum and APA Corp
ConocoPhillips, Occidental Petroleum, Marathon Oil, Marathon Petroleum and APA Corp are included in this blog.
In this article, we discuss 10 oil stocks to buy amid the Ukraine crisis. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Oil Stocks To Buy Amid Ukraine Crisis. Oil prices have surged tremendously owing to the Ukraine-Russia tensions, since supply disruption worldwide is on the horizon. Brent […]
Diamondback Energy (FANG) outlines a capital spending budget between $1.75 billion and $1.9 billion for 2022, which represents an increase from the 2021 actual figure of $1.5 billion.
Piper Sandler upgraded Marathon (NYSE:MRO) to buy and raised the Company's price target to $27, showing 25% upside from current prices as Management pivots to a capital-returns strategy. This comes on the back of a recent upgrade to buy at Scotia, strong earnings, and a commitment from Management to allocate cash...
MRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|