Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MRO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.57% of US stocks.
- MRO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 200 days.
- MRO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
MRO Stock Summary
- Marathon Oil Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.83% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Marathon Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 4.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, MRO has reported earnings growth of -292%, putting it ahead of merely 6.87% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MRO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are XEC, VST, HFC, TAP, and CLR.
- Visit MRO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.79||52-week high||$13.29|
|Prev. close||$11.49||52-week low||$3.73|
|Day high||$12.08||Avg. volume||26,159,225|
|50-day MA||$11.26||Dividend yield||1.04%|
|200-day MA||$7.46||Market Cap||9.29B|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil explores for, produces and markets crude oil and condensate, NGLs and natural gas. The company was founded in 1887 and is based in Houston, Texas.
MRO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MRO, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Marathon Oil Corp ranked in the 4th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MRO, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 3.81 years comes in at -0.31%; that's greater than merely 5.12% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Marathon Oil Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -4.72. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 12.58% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 13. This value is greater than 70.24% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Latest Social Stream
View Full MRO Social Stream
Latest MRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Marathon Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRO as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Marathon Oil Corp. is giving up its corporate aircraft as the shale driller escalates cost cuts.Just months after announcing plans to shrink his pay package by 25%, Chief Executive Officer Lee Tillman told analysts on Thursday that the company is ditching its aircraft program. Terminating aircraft leases cost Marathon $13 million during during the first three months of the year.Marathon is fielding offers for a Hawker 850XP at a time of robust demand and a shrinking pool of used corporate aircraft for sale, said Janine Iannarelli, founder of boutique jet broker Par Avion Ltd. Shale explorers are facing unprecedented pressure from investors to slash spending and return more profits to shareholders. To that end, Marathon on Wednesday doubled its 2021 debt-reduction target t...
Joining me on today's call are Lee Tillman, our chairman, president, and CEO; Dane Whitehead, executive VP and CFO; Pat Wagner, executive VP of corporate development and strategy; and Mike Henderson, executive VP of operations. Thank you, Guy, and good morning to everyone listening to our call today.
Marathon Oil's (MRO) first-quarter average realized liquids prices (crude oil and condensate) of $55.38 per barrel were above the year-earlier level of $44.23.
Marathon Oil (MRO): Q1 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.21 beats by $0.10; GAAP EPS of $0.12 beats by $0.04.Revenue of $1.18B (+15.7% Y/Y) beats by $60M.Free cash flow of $443M.Press Release...
U.S. shale producer Marathon Oil Corp (MRO.N) on Wednesday posted its first adjusted quarterly profit since the pandemic outbreak, as a rebound in fuel demand boosted crude prices.
MRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|