Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
MRO Stock Summary
- Marathon Oil Corp's market capitalization of $10,591,053,883 is ahead of 84.8% of US-listed equities.
- MRO's went public 34.16 years ago, making it older than 92.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Marathon Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.7% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Marathon Oil Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be DVN, TEVA, ARNC, BHC, and FTI.
- MRO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Marathon Oil Corp's official web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Stock Price Chart More Charts
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.11||52-week high||$18.93|
|Prev. close||$10.25||52-week low||$9.97|
|Day high||$10.22||Avg. volume||14,289,686|
|50-day MA||$12.49||Dividend yield||1.95%|
|200-day MA||$12.80||Market Cap||8.05B|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil explores for, produces and markets crude oil and condensate, NGLs and natural gas. The company was founded in 1887 and is based in Houston, Texas.
MRO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MRO, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Marathon Oil Corp ranked in the 15st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 86.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Marathon Oil Corp, consider:
- Marathon Oil Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than merely 6.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Marathon Oil Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 22.63% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|