Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MRO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MRO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.64% of US stocks.
- MRO's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- MRO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 9% of US stocks).
MRO Stock Summary
- MRO's went public 36.76 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of MARATHON OIL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, MRO has reported earnings growth of -1,058.2%, putting it ahead of just 1.61% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MARATHON OIL CORP are SSL, AA, SM, EGO, and TDOC.
- Visit MRO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MRO's price/sales ratio is 81.82% higher, now standing at 2.
- MRO's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRO.
MRO Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 25.52%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 728.08%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 78.35%.
The table below shows MRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.94% of graded US stocks.
- MRO's asset turnover comes in at 0.209 -- ranking 105th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVX, XOM, and BDCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRO.
The table below shows MRO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.60||52-week high||$33.24|
|Prev. close||$24.97||52-week low||$14.29|
|Day high||$25.60||Avg. volume||19,281,084|
|50-day MA||$24.42||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$23.58||Market Cap||18.12B|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil Corp is an exploration and production company. It focuses on producing crude oil and condensate, natural gas liquids and natural gas as well as bitumen from oil sands deposits. In 2011, Marathon Oil spun off from Marathon Petroleum Corporation becoming an independent exploration and production company. The company has operations in four of the oil rich basins in the United States – the Eagle Ford Basin, the Bakken Basin, the STACK/SCOOP basin, and the Permian Basin. Marathon Oil employs just under 1,700 individuals and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Lee Tillman serves as President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
MRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Latest Social Stream
View Full MRO Social Stream
Latest MRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MARATHON OIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRO as an investment opportunity.
Marathon Oil (MRO) closed the most recent trading day at $22.80, moving +0.57% from the previous trading session.
For those with a budget that may be restricted right now, perhaps it's time to check out these under-$50 sleeper stocks to buy right now.
Marathon Oil (MRO) has been one of the stocks most watched by Zacks.com users lately. So, it is worth exploring what lies ahead for the stock.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
By Liz Moyer
MRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|