Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO): Price and Financial Metrics
MRO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.29||52-week high||$33.42|
|Prev. close||$23.26||52-week low||$19.42|
|Day high||$24.07||Avg. volume||10,604,389|
|50-day MA||$23.72||Dividend yield||1.78%|
|200-day MA||$26.18||Market Cap||14.38B|
MRO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MRO POWR Grades
- MRO scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.46% of US stocks.
- MRO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MRO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.53% of US stocks).
MRO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $14,834,855,622, MARATHON OIL CORP has a greater market value than 88.11% of US stocks.
- MARATHON OIL CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of MARATHON OIL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.25% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to MARATHON OIL CORP are AA, PDCE, CTRA, TDOC, and SSL.
- Visit MRO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.marathonoil.com.
MRO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MRO's EV/EBIT ratio is 28.77% lower, now standing at 5.2.
- Over the past 243 months, MRO's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MRO.
MRO Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 1.7%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 17.73%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 18.84%.
The table below shows MRO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MRO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MRO has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.94% of graded US stocks.
- MRO's asset turnover comes in at 0.209 -- ranking 105th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CVX, XOM, and BDCO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MRO.
The table below shows MRO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MRO Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of MRO, see our MRO price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$15.96||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Company Bio
Marathon Oil Corp is an exploration and production company. It focuses on producing crude oil and condensate, natural gas liquids and natural gas as well as bitumen from oil sands deposits. In 2011, Marathon Oil spun off from Marathon Petroleum Corporation becoming an independent exploration and production company. The company has operations in four of the oil rich basins in the United States – the Eagle Ford Basin, the Bakken Basin, the STACK/SCOOP basin, and the Permian Basin. Marathon Oil employs just under 1,700 individuals and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Lee Tillman serves as President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
MRO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Latest Social Stream
View Full MRO Social Stream
Latest MRO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about MARATHON OIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MRO as an investment opportunity.
7 Sorry Energy Stocks to Sell in June Before It’s Too Late
These underperforming energy stocks are likely to erode shareholder value this year, on the back of dwindling energy market this year
Why Is Marathon Oil (MRO) Up 1.8% Since Last Earnings Report?
Marathon Oil (MRO) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Bitcoin Miners Dodged a New Tax. Next Time They May Not Be So Lucky.
Congress' draft debt-ceiling bill doesn't include a heavy crypto tax that the White House had proposed.
Midday movers: Nvidia, Tesla, SoFi Technologies and more
Investing.com -- Stocks are mixed on Tuesday on hopes about a tentative agreement on the debt ceiling despite objections from some lawmakers. Here are the market movers for May 30.
Marathon Oil Corporation's (NYSE:MRO) Intrinsic Value Is Potentially 64% Above Its Share Price
Key Insights Using the 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity, Marathon Oil fair value estimate is US$39.45 Current share...
MRO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MROWant to do more research on Marathon Oil Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...