Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- If you're seeking price stability while collecting dividends, note that MRO has less volatility in its price than 3.18% of US stocks in our dividend set.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with MRO's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: AQN, LEJU, XLNX, AHCO and PINC.
MRO Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a valuation model that attempts to determine a fair share price for a stock, based on the dividend it provides in comparison to several company-specific metrics indicative of the riskiness of the stock and the financial health of the company. As for MRO, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 57.4%. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of MRO, investors may wish to consider are:
- As for its position relative to other Energy stocks that issue dividends, Marathon Oil Corp offers a higher dividend yield than merely 15.09% of them.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Energy sector, Marathon Oil Corp's expected return of -57.4% is higher than merely 19.81% of its fellow sector mates.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, Marathon Oil Corp bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than merely 19.81% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- In terms of who is growing the amount of dividends they return to shareholders, Marathon Oil Corp has been increasing its dividends at a faster rate than 6.1% of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks we observed.
MRO Dividend Chart
MRO Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
MRO Dividends vs. Peers
MRO's dividend yield currently ranks #72 of 173 vs. its peers in the Energy - Oil & Gas category.
Most Popular Stories View All
Looking for More Information on MRO dividends?Here are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Marathon Oil Corp and its dividends:
Marathon Oil Corp Common Stock (MRO) Dividend History | Nasdaq
Dividend History for Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) - Dividend Investor
Marathon Oil Corp (MRO) Dividend History - Seeking Alpha