NewJersey Resources Corporation (NJR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NJR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where NJR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.41% of US stocks.
- NJR's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 47 weeks.
- NJR's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 4.5% of US stocks).
NJR Stock Summary
- NJR's went public 33.73 years ago, making it older than 89.46% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of New Jersey Resources Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For NJR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.78% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to New Jersey Resources Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SR, CWEN, ARTNA, LNT, and SVC.
- NJR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit New Jersey Resources Corp's official web site, go to www.njresources.com.
NJR Valuation Summary
- NJR's price/earnings ratio is 22.6; this is 0.44% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- NJR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.2 over the prior 243 months.
- NJR's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NJR.
NJR Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -7.93%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 37.17%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 3.64%.
The table below shows NJR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NJR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NJR has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.5% of graded US stocks.
- NJR's asset turnover comes in at 0.371 -- ranking 20th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- UGI, EXC, and DTE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NJR.
The table below shows NJR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NJR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NJR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.65||52-week high||$44.41|
|Prev. close||$36.31||52-week low||$25.87|
|Day high||$36.61||Avg. volume||513,924|
|50-day MA||$38.23||Dividend yield||3.66%|
|200-day MA||$39.06||Market Cap||3.44B|
NewJersey Resources Corporation (NJR) Company Bio
New Jersey Resources is an energy services holding company that provides retail and wholesale energy services to customers primarily in the Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, Appalachian, Northeastern, and Western market areas of the United States, as well as Canada. The company was founded in 1922 and is based in Wall, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
NJR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NJR Latest Social Stream
View Full NJR Social Stream
Latest NJR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about New Jersey Resources Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NJR as an investment opportunity.
WALL, N.J., September 10, 2021--New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) today announced Interim General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Richard Reich has been promoted to Senior Vice President and General Counsel. In this position, Mr. Reich is responsible for leading NJR’s legal department, developing and directing the corporate legal function and overseeing corporate compliance. He will also continue to serve in the Corporate Secretary role until a replacement is selected.
The board of New Jersey Resources Corporation ( NYSE:NJR ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 1st of...
WALL, N.J., September 09, 2021--The board of directors of New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) unanimously approved a 9 percent increase in the quarterly dividend rate to $.3625 per share from $.3325 per share. The new quarterly rate will be effective with the dividend payable October 1, 2021 to shareowners of record on September 20, 2021. This dividend replaces the previously announced dividend of $.3325 per share approved on July 14, 2021 for shareowners of record on September 20, 2021.
Let's see if New Jersey Resources (NJR) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now from multiple angles.
In this article, we will be looking at 10 utilities stocks with over 3% yield. To skip our detailed analysis of utility stocks, you can go directly to see the 5 Utilities Stocks with Over 3% Yield. In the midst of a prolonged economic recession and threats of rising inflation and interest rates, investor circles and […]
NJR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NJRWant to see what other sources are saying about New Jersey Resources Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch