NewJersey Resources Corporation (NJR): Price and Financial Metrics
NJR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.45||52-week high||$55.84|
|Prev. close||$42.47||52-week low||$38.07|
|Day high||$42.82||Avg. volume||567,738|
|50-day MA||$43.61||Dividend yield||3.96%|
|200-day MA||$48.63||Market Cap||4.14B|
NJR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NJR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where NJR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 54.6% of US stocks.
- NJR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NJR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.54% of US stocks).
NJR Stock Summary
- NJR's went public 35.75 years ago, making it older than 90.27% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP is higher than it is for about 96.09% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be SR, CWEN, CMS, ETR, and LNT.
- NJR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP's official web site, go to www.njresources.com.
NJR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NJR's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 1.8.
- NJR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NJR.
NJR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 27.24%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -16.33%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -83.28%.
The table below shows NJR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NJR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NJR has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.02% of graded US stocks.
- NJR's asset turnover comes in at 0.371 -- ranking 20th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AROC, UGI, and CNP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NJR.
The table below shows NJR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NewJersey Resources Corporation (NJR) Company Bio
New Jersey Resources is an energy services holding company that provides retail and wholesale energy services to customers primarily in the Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, Appalachian, Northeastern, and Western market areas of the United States, as well as Canada. The company was founded in 1922 and is based in Wall, New Jersey.
NJR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NJR Latest Social Stream
View Full NJR Social Stream
Latest NJR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NJR as an investment opportunity.
The traditional ways to plan for your retirement may mean income can no longer cover expenses post-employment. But what if there was another option that could provide a steady, reliable source of income in your nest egg years?
New Jersey Resources Corp(NYSE:NJR) recently announced a dividend of $0.42 per share, payable on October 2, 2023, with the ex-dividend date set for September 19, 2023. As investors anticipate this upcoming payment, it's crucial to examine the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's unpack New Jersey Resources Corp's dividend performance and assess its sustainability.
Investors need to pay close attention to New Jersey Resources (NJR) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
New Jersey Resources Corporation ( NYSE:NJR ) has announced that it will be increasing its periodic dividend on the 2nd...
WALL, N.J., September 07, 2023--The board of directors (the "Board") of New Jersey Resources Corporation (NYSE: NJR) unanimously approved a 7.7 percent increase in the quarterly dividend rate to $0.42 per share from $0.39 per share. The new quarterly rate will be effective with the dividend payable October 2, 2023 to shareowners of record on September 20, 2023. This dividend replaces the previously announced dividend of $0.39 per share approved on July 12, 2023 for shareowners of record on Septe
NJR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NJRWant to see what other sources are saying about New Jersey Resources Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch