NewJersey Resources Corporation (NJR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NJR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where NJR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.12% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for NJR is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- NJR's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 11.94% of US stocks).
NJR Stock Summary
- NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.76% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For NJR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.03% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be SR, CWEN, BKH, LNT, and NWN.
- NJR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP's official web site, go to www.njresources.com.
NJR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, NJR's price/sales ratio is 27.27% lower, now standing at 1.6.
- NJR's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NJR.
NJR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 27.24%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -16.33%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -83.28%.
The table below shows NJR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NJR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NJR has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.02% of graded US stocks.
- NJR's asset turnover comes in at 0.371 -- ranking 20th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AROC, UGI, and CNP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NJR.
The table below shows NJR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NJR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NJR, see our NJR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$44.33||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
NJR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NJR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.28||52-week high||$53.53|
|Prev. close||$52.17||52-week low||$38.07|
|Day high||$52.35||Avg. volume||504,420|
|50-day MA||$50.94||Dividend yield||3.03%|
|200-day MA||$46.70||Market Cap||5.07B|
NewJersey Resources Corporation (NJR) Company Bio
New Jersey Resources is an energy services holding company that provides retail and wholesale energy services to customers primarily in the Gulf Coast, Mid-Continent, Appalachian, Northeastern, and Western market areas of the United States, as well as Canada. The company was founded in 1922 and is based in Wall, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
NJR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NJR Latest Social Stream
View Full NJR Social Stream
Latest NJR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEW JERSEY RESOURCES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NJR as an investment opportunity.
The SAVEGREEN Project® by New Jersey Natural Gas Earns 2023 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award
WALL, N.J., March 28, 2023--New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) is pleased to announce its energy-efficiency program, The SAVEGREEN Project®, has received the 2023 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
UGI to Benefit From Investments Amid Rising Interest Rate
UGI is expected to benefit from its systematic capital expenditures and clean energy expansion efforts. However, international risks related to costs may have a negative impact on earnings.
MDU Resources (MDU) to Gain From Spin-off & Planned Investments
MDU Resources (MDU) is expected to further benefit from the planned separation of its two-platform business model, systematic investments and rising backlog.
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights MDU Resources, NewJersey Resources and Spire
MDU Resources, NewJersey Resources and Spire are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
4 Gas Distribution Stocks to Watch Despite Industry Headwinds
The near-term prospects of the Zacks Gas Distribution industry look challenging. Yet, systematic investment to strengthen infrastructure and efficiently supply natural gas to customers should drive the performance of ATO, MDU, NJR and SR.
NJR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NJRWant to see what other sources are saying about New Jersey Resources Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...